The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

just finished the last episode of the Kingdom (MMA show) on netlix...

MAAAN THEY NEED TO REVIVE THIS SHOW. series finale had me in tears
yeah man, such a slept on show that never got attention because it aired on Audience Network.

Great acting, dialogue, drug use, sexual relations, good looking women in this show. 3 seasons wasn't enough at all.

went to a first drive in theatre just a few weeks ago for my homie's bday. really dope and underrated experience. I'm surprised they started the film with that much light out though
yeah they have movies starting at 12p. This one should have been in the evening. Surprisingly, it didn't come close to selling out so it made sense for them to air it at 415p.

Damn they gave Floki a kufi.

Speaking of this Arthurian ****, I really want to see A24's Green Knight. Always liked Sir Gawain & The Green Knight. Not sure where the release stands Covid wise.

Finally watching The Last Dance :emoji_fire: wanted to watch with no commercials, so been waiting
Brings back alot of memories. Rockets and Bulls were my teams from 92' till the Bulls fell off, Rockets still my ace though. Just wish we could have seen Jordan and Hakeem face off in at least one finals. Jazz robbed the Rockets in 97' I was at game 6 in 97' and if memory serves, I think it was Hornacek holding Barkely in a bear hug in the final 20 seconds of the game. Imagine Jordan, Pippen, Rodman VS Hakeem, Clyde, and Barkley in a finals in 97' 6 hall HOFers in that finals. :wow:

yeah man, such a slept on show that never got attention because it aired on Audience Network.

Great acting, dialogue, drug use, sexual relations, good looking women in this show. 3 seasons wasn't enough at all.

Jay is by far one of my favorite characters in any show. from his complicated relationship with Alvey to him seeing and understanding his vices yet struggling to cope with them. he is a renaissance man with a opioid addiction. dude wouldve for sure scored an 800 on the English Language portion of the SAT

Man, I'm watching Cursed like okay they made Arthur black but he just has to be a dumbass thieving *** lying was ***** :smh:

Sure he'll become noble and all that later on but boy is he disappointing taking these Ls.

Just watched Shot Caller on Netflix. That was a very solid movie. Had that saved for what seems like forever.

I think this movie is the best advertisement for not drinking and driving I've ever seen. Dude went from a successful architect with a happy family to a drug runner in a white supremacist gang all because he chose to drink and drive. Life comes at you fast

Last edited:
My wife and I started watching this new show, Indian Matchmaking on Netflix. It details the process of Mumbai's top matchmaker in the high stakes game of arranged marriages. It's an interesting mix of Dating Around and Millionai Matchmaker.

- Aparna is obnoxious, pretentious and negative. She literally puts road blocks in her way to finding a successful relationship.
- Nadia is baddy and seems like a cool girl
- Pradhyum seems like he's low-key gay. That's part of the reason none of these matches work for him lol

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I'm surprised how openly they talked about the caste system and "fair" skin. I didn't know that the caste system was still a thing in modern India and it said that colorism is prevalent there as well. White supremacy really has impacted everyone around the world.

Can any Indian posters speak on this? I realize I'm only seeing a small part of Indian dating so I don't want to make any broad generalizations, I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I think this movie is the best advertisement for not drinking and driving I've ever seen. Dude went from a successful architect with a happy family to a drug runner in a white supremacist gang all because he chose to drink and drive. Life comes at you fast
yeah man. These are the type of movies that have me gripped because of my fear to do prison time. I couldn't last 2 days. So to see people throw their lives away kills me!

yeah man. These are the type of movies that have me gripped because of my fear to do prison time. I couldn't last 2 days. So to see people throw their lives away kills me!

I got in a Youtube rabbit hole after watching Shot Caller and found this dude who talks about his experiences in prison. Really interesting (and sometimes over the top) stuff.

It's almost impossible to just quietly do your time. You have to join a race/region based gang for protection and they will require you to put in work (murder, fights, moving drugs, etc) for them under threat of death. That's how you go from 18 months to 10 years. Drinking and driving isn't worth it, taking a piss publically isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Caught a couple things this weekend:

Lost Girls 4.5/8 - Interesting and well acted but the pacing was weird. Needed more tension and what happened to Kim!?

Mucho Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado 5/8 - Had no idea who this dude was. 50 year TV career is amazing. Everybody needs a homie like Willie in their life.

Just finished the last episode of Deadwood. I would have been pissed if I watched this back in 06. That ending wasnt satisfactory at all.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who hasnt watched yet. The dialogue is top notch.

10 mins into the movie now.

Why did Tolliver kill Leon the dope fiend? [SPOILER/]

Just finished the last episode of Deadwood. I would have been pissed if I watched this back in 06. That ending wasnt satisfactory at all.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who hasnt watched yet. The dialogue is top notch.

10 mins into the movie now.

Why did Tolliver kill Leon the dope fiend? [SPOILER/]

Al Swearengen is one of TV's best and most underrated characters

I need to revisit it.

Back
Top Bottom