The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I finished Fear City. It was cool. Would have been better if it were more than 3 episodes. There's at least 10 episodes worth of material they could have covered. But for what they gave us, it's worth a watch.

Are you saying the word structure when you mention dialogue? Not coming for you, just trying to get some perspective on your statement, we are close in age, like some of the same shows. I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, I will give it a shot in time. My continue watching list is so damn long on Netflix, shows that wife and I are watching together, shows I watch when the kids are in bed, shows I watch for background noise when working. Wife also said Gilmore Girls was pretty good, just never heard such praise for the show.

Isn't that the premise of Goliath on Prime?
91zYWmyPgaL._RI_.jpg

I mean everything when I say dialogue.
Structure, how its distinctive and stands out for each character all the way down to bit players, and while pop culture is the schtick for the most part, it makes it feel fresh and it evolves into its own thing, there's also very little to none exposition, things just happen to the characters as they go about their business and your there for it.
If someone is talking about a situation or mess they got themselves into, they are usually telling another person not in the know and then its about how that character will react good or bad. Every line feels important and pushes the plot. The scripts are written so tight to trim the fat and with a show like this, there could be a ton of fat, not the case here for the most part. Filler shows happen as with every show but they are far and few between

Finished season 5 of Last Chance U yesterday. Definitely different from the previous seasons since the players don’t live on campus. Football talent was definitely a step down.

Sheds light on how gentrification is changing Oakland. Guess next season will be on basketball.

There was an american rake show with the guy who hosted talk soup.
CB50B35C-EB04-43A7-9203-B2C2556886DF.jpeg
One of the MANY who hosted talk soup, dude behind him always playing a scumbag role. American Gangster, The Fast and Furious 6 and Fast & Furious. Dude played two different roles in the series. LMAO. Miami Vice. Carlito's Way.

I wonder what those roles pay compared to a normal part in a movie.

Just finished Kingdom the other day (Frank Grillo one), great show that really developed the characters and had some really good storylines. If you aren't into MMA I can definitely see it still being enjoyable (I'm a big MMA fan though but many of the fight scenes are very unrealistic but that didnt take anything away for me). Was bummed it only has three seasons and the ending does leave much to be desired.

I know the reason Nate was killed off and not featured much on Season 3 but would have liked them to give even a hint as to who might have killed him. Rather than he and Alvey getting into it about him coming out and then he suddenly gets shot in the back?!?!?

just finished Haven. not really into sci fi but it was a decent series.

cant wait for LUCIFER to return

Just finished Kingdom the other day (Frank Grillo one), great show that really developed the characters and had some really good storylines. If you aren't into MMA I can definitely see it still being enjoyable (I'm a big MMA fan though but many of the fight scenes are very unrealistic but that didnt take anything away for me). Was bummed it only has three seasons and the ending does leave much to be desired.

I know the reason Nate was killed off and not featured much on Season 3 but would have liked them to give even a hint as to who might have killed him. Rather than he and Alvey getting into it about him coming out and then he suddenly gets shot in the back?!?!?
in my opinion, they realized season 3 was the last season late in the game and then had to change the script drastically.

But still, phenomenal series.

Show is great. Really great. I am not in to mma. I like it but I don’t follow it.

I’m finishing up szn 2 and can’t stop watching it.
this is one time where I feel the gay storyline actually fits the character. It doesn’t seem forced imo

Just finished up Kingdom and the last episode had me going through some feels, overall awesome series. Kind of a disservice being done to the fans for not giving us at least one more season, there was real character development going on and would’ve like to see the story continue.

Bro, who even watches TV like this anymore?
What is this 2010?

The BOYS Season 2
Supposed to premiere Sept 4(I'm salty because I thought it came out today)

• Episodes 1-3: September 4, 2020
  • Episode 4: September 11, 2020
  • Episode 5: September 18, 2020
  • Episode 6: September 25, 2020
  • Episode 7: October 2, 2020
  • Episode 8 (finale): October 9, 2020

That's a phatty?

That pic doesn't do it justice. Skim through episodes 9 and 10 of season 1 if you want to verify.
This is one of those things that everyone on NT will agree on.

Just finished season 2. This show is great. Top 5 airing right now is very justifiable.

The BOYS Season 2
Supposed to premiere Sept 4(I'm salty because I thought it came out today)

• Episodes 1-3: September 4, 2020
  • Episode 4: September 11, 2020
  • Episode 5: September 18, 2020
  • Episode 6: September 25, 2020
  • Episode 7: October 2, 2020
  • Episode 8 (finale): October 9, 2020
So they’re slow dripping this?

It’s weird how Amazon seems to follow an episode 8-episode format.

My friend recommended Hanna. Watched Season 1&2. I was a little disappointed. It was difficult to determine who the audience was. It seems to be focused toward young girls/women with the underlying female coming of age, dating, friendship, partying, social media. Then there’s the action. Just seems all over the place and cliche. But we have a season 3.

Back
Top Bottom