The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Also finally watched "We need to talk about Kevin". Weird af, I liked it. I remember seeing that gif of him fapping in front of his moms all the time on here lol.
I had to watch that movie for a class one semester.
Also wild weird.

I just watched this last weekend too. It was meh to me overall. I didn’t remember that gif being used on here, though :lol:

Mans kept eye contact the whole damn time.
D4395E4A-99EB-4A33-B9CA-93D8C79F26C8.gif
71E740E8-CBA8-43D8-9ACD-889EE1AD2636.gif

Finished season 5 of Last Chance U yesterday. Definitely different from the previous seasons since the players don’t live on campus. Football talent was definitely a step down.

Sheds light on how gentrification is changing Oakland. Guess next season will be on basketball.
Jesus. I just started the first episode tonight. Lowkey depressing seeing how these guys were living

I enjoyed Project Power. Intended to only watch half, ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting. Didn't even seem almost two hours.

365 Days was a waste of time but shoulda known that :lol:
I was just watching this last night with a female and this was the craziest **** I’ve ever seen in my life. Mind you , edibles were in play but Jesus Christ I was freaked out. This creepy dude was just poppin up out of nowhere. Soundtrack music was just bustin out of nowhere. It was wild and I was confused the whole time.

Just finished Ep9 of Band of Brothers.

Its just wild to me now that the world didnt know about concentration camps while they occured. I know thats how it usually is with atrocities. But damn, Perc didnt even know what to call it.

When Lieb had to tell the prisoners to get back into the camp. 😔

Watching the German citizens burying the dead and even they didnt know this was happening in their towns. 😦
The world not knowing is not hard to believe, how much stuff did we not know about before the Internet and digital age. However I KNOW those German citizens knew, it just didn't affect their way of life. Watched that series at least twice, once when it first aired and then after getting the blu-ray. Spielberg and Hanks doing war movies is always gold.

Yo, is the first thing British actors do over there is practice their American accents? :lol:

Watching P Valley and after doing my standard cast google ol girl they be calling Rihanna was in Harry Potter :lol:

I can't even imagine the mind-blowing watchers of The Wire experienced after they discovered Stringer bell was a crumpet eater.
I swear they sound more American than some people born and raised here. I didn't even realize Tom was British until I saw him on The Chef Show on Netflix Show is pretty straight, enjoy how fast it is and the banter back and forth.
images.jpg

Just wanted to watch something "chill" that I could see what other people deal with. I put on Immigration Nation.

Cops so GRIMY that is why I have no sympathy for them. When the episode starts they come in full force about 5/6 big dudes pounding on her door. They ask the lady to open the door and say we aren't going to yell at you through the door. That's not how we do business.

So she opens the door and he says we all don't need to come in just 1 or 2 of us. They all commence to come into the small NY apartment. She says do you have a warrant he says I'm no obligated to show you a warrant. She says do you have any paperwork or anything, yeah I have a warrant right here. Then he shows her the warrant and then says but I don't need it since you let us in. MOFO's so dirty and always trying to skirt the rules.

About to turn it off and start Nightcrawler don't need to get fired up this late.

I enjoyed Project Power. Intended to only watch half, ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting. Didn't even seem almost two hours.
Yeah wasn't bad, certainly wouldn't have paid movie ticket prices to see it.
So would folks pick Avatar over DBZ? Evangelion? Etc?
Whoa Avatar can't do nothing with DBZ, even with the numerous episodes of throwing one punch.

:lol: I forgot Shymalan did a movie of that and it was trash.

Project Power was cool. Should've hinted at a sequel and left that door open. Jamie did his thing as an action hero, dont know why he didn't/doesn't do more of those in between the Oscar level roles.

Movie had me looking up pistol shrimps and everything afterwards.

So would folks pick Avatar over DBZ? Evangelion? Etc?
Depends on what we're comparing.

Writing: Avatar and Evangelion > DBZ

Themes: Evangelion > Avatar > DBZ

Plot: Evangelion > Avatar > DBZ

Fight scenes: Avatar > DBZ > Evangelion

Villains: DBZ > Evangelion > Avatar

Finished Transformers: War for Cybertron....I'm very impressed. It's dark, gritty, emotional, good pacing ,and good character development.

I wish there were more than 6 episodes though. Looking forward to part 2.

Also, checked out Lovecraft Country on HBO. I can't remember the last time last a show had me on the edge of my seat, especially the first episode. That was.....incredible. The opening scene had me glued.

Back
Top Bottom