The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

man... first season of the get down was so awesome! i don't know what they were trying to do in the 2nd season....

the first season of the get down is the reason why i decided to finally buy a pair of red suede pumas. season was dope.

Becket might be top 5 worst movie ever on Netflix

John W been getting worse since Tenet.

I think that movie being flop deterred his career.

Tenet was hardly a "flop"

Box office: $363.7 million
Budget: $200 million

Malcom and Marie was good. He acted his *** off in it.

I don't think Beckett being meh, means his career has been derailed. He is still very young and will get more roles.

Now THAT is insane but nah it’s not him. It’s an American guy but he’s a straight up sociopath/psychopath in the truest sense. It’s crazy but there was a stat at the end that says that behind cancer and heart disease, medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the US :wow:. Just after I was talking about going to the doctor more a couple posts ago :lol:

Definitely an interesting to see how easily things slip through the cracks or get looked over for money in this country. Sad |l
It’s so money driven, the Medical field that the majority(no exaggeration) of people who see Doctors are misdiagnosed. I’ll tell you a story with my Cousin going on currently. I don’t want to blab so I’ll make it short as possible.

My Cousin who is 55years old but he’s slow mentally, never progressed passed the thinking and rationale of a 15yrqr old, well he got an infection on his foot about a month ago. He’s 450lbs so he’s way overweight so he had a hard time bending over to put on shoes, and the ones he was wearing were too small and he couldn’t put on socks easily either so he wore shoes without them and this caused a blister that he didn’t treat so it got infected, okay that’s the grounds and backstory of my Cousin.

Infection sets in and his fever rises To the point he passes out. His sister lives with him, called the ambulance and they take him to the Hospital. He’s in for a week, they treat him and then send him to an inpatient rehab center inside the hospital.
Was supposed to be there 3weeks but after 1week he checked himself out because his Dr Appt was coming up where he gets Narcotics for pain but he doesn’t take them he sells them for a total of $1000.
Getting out to get that $1000 was more important than his health. That tells you the mental capacity he has, really shouldn’t be making those kind of decisions in his own, so my Cousin filed for Power of Attorney at that time, and has since got it.
Once he discharged it wasn’t 5days had passed and he had to go back to the hospital in an ambulance because in the tome he was out(that 5 days) he lost 98lbs so he’s down to 358 from 450lbs. When he got out he was super super congested and we would ask him how he felt and he’d say fine, just a cold. He wasn’t fine, and we didn’t know how bad he was until he was unresponsive one day when his Case Manager stopped by to check on him. The 5days he was home he had home health nurse that would come by daily to rewrap his foot. Home health nurse never diagnosed something was wrong, not even taking his temp to see he had a fever. So when he gets back they test him positive for COVID, something I think he had when they released him the first time. Now he’s scared and telling the Doctors what feelings he has and doesn’t when before he just wanted out to get his pills and sell them. He’s in such bad shape he’s on a ventilator. After 3 days in this time he progresses enough that he only has to be in the ventilator at night, but he’s still not eating, not oeeing and not having bowel movements. A couple of nights ago he started pooping on himself uncontrollably but, because he no longer needed the ventilator except for at night they were trying to discharge him, and this tome he didn’t want to go. My cousin with power of attorney wouldn’t let them discharge him and they wouldn’t honor the POA and told her she needed to 1. Come get him or 2.find a nursing home to discharge him to until he could be on his own again, so she just stopped answering the phone, because as long as she didn’t give them a home for him to be discharged in or pick him up herself and take him home, they had to keep him. FF to day 3 of her dodging their calls and his normal Doctor is on vacation and the replacement Doctor takes over and he notices right away my cousins stomach is hard as a rock. Come to find out how large intestine is wrapped around his small intestine which is causing his constioation and him to poop himself. He had to have 2 suregeries right there and is scheduled for another Monday once he heals and is Strong enough for more anesthesia. I’m told They only wanted to discharge him because they get heaps more money for COVID patients on ventilators than they do those without so they needed his bed for a more valuable patient. Had they discharged him, he probably would have died within 24hours on his own, all because they wanted his bed for a more valuable patient.

It’s so money driven, the Medical field that the majority(no exaggeration) of people who see Doctors are misdiagnosed. I’ll tell you a story with my Cousin going on currently. I don’t want to blab so I’ll make it short as possible.

My Cousin who is 55years old but he’s slow mentally, never progressed passed the thinking and rationale of a 15yrqr old, well he got an infection on his foot about a month ago. He’s 450lbs so he’s way overweight so he had a hard time bending over to put on shoes, and the ones he was wearing were too small and he couldn’t put on socks easily either so he wore shoes without them and this caused a blister that he didn’t treat so it got infected, okay that’s the grounds and backstory of my Cousin.

Infection sets in and his fever rises To the point he passes out. His sister lives with him, called the ambulance and they take him to the Hospital. He’s in for a week, they treat him and then send him to an inpatient rehab center inside the hospital.
Was supposed to be there 3weeks but after 1week he checked himself out because his Dr Appt was coming up where he gets Narcotics for pain but he doesn’t take them he sells them for a total of $1000.
Getting out to get that $1000 was more important than his health. That tells you the mental capacity he has, really shouldn’t be making those kind of decisions in his own, so my Cousin filed for Power of Attorney at that time, and has since got it.
Once he discharged it wasn’t 5days had passed and he had to go back to the hospital in an ambulance because in the tome he was out(that 5 days) he lost 98lbs so he’s down to 358 from 450lbs. When he got out he was super super congested and we would ask him how he felt and he’d say fine, just a cold. He wasn’t fine, and we didn’t know how bad he was until he was unresponsive one day when his Case Manager stopped by to check on him. The 5days he was home he had home health nurse that would come by daily to rewrap his foot. Home health nurse never diagnosed something was wrong, not even taking his temp to see he had a fever. So when he gets back they test him positive for COVID, something I think he had when they released him the first time. Now he’s scared and telling the Doctors what feelings he has and doesn’t when before he just wanted out to get his pills and sell them. He’s in such bad shape he’s on a ventilator. After 3 days in this time he progresses enough that he only has to be in the ventilator at night, but he’s still not eating, not oeeing and not having bowel movements. A couple of nights ago he started pooping on himself uncontrollably but, because he no longer needed the ventilator except for at night they were trying to discharge him, and this tome he didn’t want to go. My cousin with power of attorney wouldn’t let them discharge him and they wouldn’t honor the POA and told her she needed to 1. Come get him or 2.find a nursing home to discharge him to until he could be on his own again, so she just stopped answering the phone, because as long as she didn’t give them a home for him to be discharged in or pick him up herself and take him home, they had to keep him. FF to day 3 of her dodging their calls and his normal Doctor is on vacation and the replacement Doctor takes over and he notices right away my cousins stomach is hard as a rock. Come to find out how large intestine is wrapped around his small intestine which is causing his constioation and him to poop himself. He had to have 2 suregeries right there and is scheduled for another Monday once he heals and is Strong enough for more anesthesia. I’m told They only wanted to discharge him because they get heaps more money for COVID patients on ventilators than they do those without so they needed his bed for a more valuable patient. Had they discharged him, he probably would have died within 24hours on his own, all because they wanted his bed for a more valuable patient.
:wow: :wow: This is like a Chicago Med episode :lol: Ive spent a lot of time in hospitals the past few years but didn’t know they were getting down like this on the low. Sad stuff, man. I hope your cousin’s surgery goes well brodie!

Sorry to hear about your cousin. That story is Hella sad all around.

a lot of incorrect statements in this, and if you think Beckett was one of the worst movies on Netflix you haven't watched many.

It’s so money driven, the Medical field that the majority(no exaggeration) of people who see Doctors are misdiagnosed.

This is BS but I'll entertain it. Is there any data that shows this?

Furthermore, where is the point of failure with these widespread misdiagnoses? The doctor's own lack of knowledge? Errors in diagnostic interpretation? cognitive errors? The Chem lab? Faulty radiologic equipment?

storm2006 storm2006 sneakaprince sneakaprince Thanks for the well wishes. sneakaprince sneakaprince I will say this, if your thoughts of sadness lean any towards his natural state of Disabilty or lack of mental ability I used to feel the same. Now, I don’t feel that way. He knows he’s not capable of the same line of thought as us and most around him but, you can’t tell him that. He thinks he has it better than most. He’s happier than anybody I know with normal thinking and cognitive abilities, yet he’s illiterate- and understands that as well as other skills he lacks. It always amazes me, and I spoke on tangos recently after posting about a film I’d rewatched called the Sessions. It’s a truly Amazing ability he has, as well as many others with similar disabilities where they have this innate way of going about life in the most peaceful and happy state of mind.

This is BS but I'll entertain it. Is there any data that shows this?

Furthermore, where is the point of failure with these widespread misdiagnoses? The doctor's own lack of knowledge? Errors in diagnostic interpretation? cognitive errors? The Chem lab? Faulty radiologic equipment?
I’d own my post as strictly abstract or pure opinion based on my 45 years on Earth and just personal experiences. I definitely understand the laziness and disrespect in my post to even claim such a thing, but in my current state with a current injury(misdiagnosed) and a few others close to home that I’ll point out, and dealing with my Cousins situation over the last month, I don’t even care to clean it up or retract the claim for a number of reasons but, if I had to guess I’d say there that based on Big Pharmas overall agenda and clout, there wouldn’t be many studies to back up my claim, anyway.

…..Personally and recently I was misdiagnosed. I’ve had the ailing knee ache and injury for the past year. Initially when I went (about 4 weeks ago) in to see the Doctor I pretty much diagnosed myself and was prescribed and rehabilitated based on that information. I’d told the Dr I hyperextended my knee recently with misstep at work. He asked “what do you mean”. So I told him I felt my knee bend back further than what it normally would while walking. He bent it back and forth and side to side etc, gave me instructions on healing it, a script for Pain pills, and some anti inflammatory pills and sent me on my way. No X-ray, screening nothing. Last week I went back because a coworker just got a knee surgery done and I went to see his Doctor, not mine-and it turns out I’ve actually torn my MCL. Whether it happened back then or since my self diagnosed Huperextension, who knows, purely my opinion now and I think it was that way when I saw my 1st Doctor.

My Father recently, was scheduled for open heart surgery, a stint. Was said he had some blockage, not serious but since it’s an “easy fix and recovery” they scheduled him. He didn’t feel comfortable doing it as he felt fine. Also when he went in initially to do the scope they gave him the option of going in through his arm or groin, and he chose arm. It’s harder to scope from there, and they had a problem getting the ink in him from there, so they ended up going in the groin after all. That’s when they found the murmur or whatever they want to operate on. They made him stay in the hospital for 48 hours after that scope because they’d put a lot of ink in him to do the scope since they started in the arm and then finished in the groin. Before he actually got the surgery he wanted to do that scope again, as he was told after doing research and consulting those who had had the surgery, that perhaps his reading wasn’t the cleanest because of all the ink, so he requested another SCOPe before doing the open heart, and the Doctor got superpissed, they got into it and my Father left mad. The Hospital scheduled to do that surgery was the same one that was trying to discharge my Cousin while his intestines were intertwined, so he’s thankful he didn’t so the surgery.(also he got a new scope after that cancelled surgery, turns out he’s fine and no surgery was required)

My Mother, she was diagnosed with (I forget the name), something where she gets dizzy when standingor on heights. After taking meds it didn’t get better, so after switching a few diff meds, they actually found out it was just high blood pressure, and prescribed her for that and she’s now fine.

Lol, I could go on.
But these are few instances in the scheme of me claiming “most patients are misdiagnosed(no exaggeration)”, and I understand that again, it’s a quite lazy post and claim, but……to ask for proof, maybe I could find it but probably not, BUT……….

Just a few posts up, storm2006 storm2006 mentions that there is a stat at the end of that Documentary he watched about theDoctor Murderer, that “outside of heart disease and Cancer, Medical Errors is the 3rd leading cause of deaths in the US”

Really?
3rd leading cause of death.
Just deaths from medical errors, not necessarily misdiagnosis, though.
But I just gave 3 examples of misdiagnosis in my immediate family, and we all lived.
Damn, my bad…..I forgot we were in the NETFLIX thread. Wild for posting these paragraphs in here, my bad folk!

Last edited:
One last post in here.
A few years back our Governor put together this plan to crack down on Opiates.
It’s because at that time, in OKLAHOMA, there were more prescriptions written for class II/III narcotics than there were people in the entire State. Epidemic is an understatement. Malpractice and Misdiagnosis the underlying issue.

Malpractice and Misdiagnosis the underlying issue.
Malpractice was another theme in the limited series that they mentioned. At the end of 2019 (I’m not sure if this is for that specific year or just referencing active doctors) but there were approximately 8,600 doctors who had five or more malpractice payouts and 3/4 of them were never disciplined in any way. They also said 1 in 10 patients is harmed while under medical care and half of those incidents are preventable.

Not taking a side in the >50.5% argument just stating facts.

Anyhow, I was looking forward to Beckett but y’all are ****ting on it heavy. Is it worth it to watch to see how bad it is?

I’d own my post as strictly abstract or pure opinion based on my 45 years on Earth and just personal experiences. I definitely understand the laziness and disrespect in my post to even claim such a thing, but in my current state with a current injury(misdiagnosed) and a few others close to home that I’ll point out, and dealing with my Cousins situation over the last month, I don’t even care to clean it up or retract the claim for a number of reasons but, if I had to guess I’d say there that based on Big Pharmas overall agenda and clout, there wouldn’t be many studies to back up my claim, anyway.

…..Personally and recently I was misdiagnosed. I’ve had the ailing knee ache and injury for the past year. Initially when I went (about 4 weeks ago) in to see the Doctor I pretty much diagnosed myself and was prescribed and rehabilitated based on that information. I’d told the Dr I hyperextended my knee recently with misstep at work. He asked “what do you mean”. So I told him I felt my knee bend back further than what it normally would while walking. He bent it back and forth and side to side etc, gave me instructions on healing it, a script for Pain pills, and some anti inflammatory pills and sent me on my way. No X-ray, screening nothing. Last week I went back because a coworker just got a knee surgery done and I went to see his Doctor, not mine-and it turns out I’ve actually torn my MCL. Whether it happened back then or since my self diagnosed Huperextension, who knows, purely my opinion now and I think it was that way when I saw my 1st Doctor.

My Father recently, was scheduled for open heart surgery, a stint. Was said he had some blockage, not serious but since it’s an “easy fix and recovery” they scheduled him. He didn’t feel comfortable doing it as he felt fine. Also when he went in initially to do the scope they gave him the option of going in through his arm or groin, and he chose arm. It’s harder to scope from there, and they had a problem getting the ink in him from there, so they ended up going in the groin after all. That’s when they found the murmur or whatever they want to operate on. They made him stay in the hospital for 48 hours after that scope because they’d put a lot of ink in him to do the scope since they started in the arm and then finished in the groin. Before he actually got the surgery he wanted to do that scope again, as he was told after doing research and consulting those who had had the surgery, that perhaps his reading wasn’t the cleanest because of all the ink, so he requested another SCOPe before doing the open heart, and the Doctor got superpissed, they got into it and my Father left mad. The Hospital scheduled to do that surgery was the same one that was trying to discharge my Cousin while his intestines were intertwined, so he’s thankful he didn’t so the surgery.(also he got a new scope after that cancelled surgery, turns out he’s fine and no surgery was required)

My Mother, she was diagnosed with (I forget the name), something where she gets dizzy when standingor on heights. After taking meds it didn’t get better, so after switching a few diff meds, they actually found out it was just high blood pressure, and prescribed her for that and she’s now fine.

Lol, I could go on.
But these are few instances in the scheme of me claiming “most patients are misdiagnosed(no exaggeration)”, and I understand that again, it’s a quite lazy post and claim, but……to ask for proof, maybe I could find it but probably not, BUT……….

Just a few posts up, storm2006 storm2006 mentions that there is a stat at the end of that Documentary he watched about theDoctor Murderer, that “outside of heart disease and Cancer, Medical Errors is the 3rd leading cause of deaths in the US”

Really?
But I just gave 3 examples of misdiagnosis in my immediate family, and we all lived.
Damn, my bad…..I forgot we were in the NETFLIX thread. Wild for posting these paragraphs in here, my bad folk!

Lol, I could go on.

Really?

Doctors being the third leading cause of death is a misleading statistic.

It doesn't account for how many lives saved and the fact that without medical science we would have no business living into our 80s. The life expectancy before modern medicine was a joke. Treatment for many illnesses that were effectively death sentences are now unheard of to die from. Essentially physicians and medical scientists have been playing God for the last century but we take it for granted in our privilege.

Interestingly no one is harder on themselves than doctors when it comes to failures in q

Lol, I could go on.

Really?

Those are called missed errors, happens all the time. Doctors are human beings. And it isn't like the medical systems in their country aren't doing anything about it. Doctor and medical professionals are constantly engaging in research on how to prevent such errors. Doctors have to peer review each other constantly. For instance in radiology within a group every day you have to choose random cases from your colleague to see if you agree with the diagnosis or not.

If physicians weren't narcissistic perfectionists, these statistics would be far worse. If you account for the overall positive outcomes in morbidity and mortality, those statistics are miniscule.

Not a Netflix show but watching Counterpart with J.K. Simmons. It was on Starz before it was cancelled after the 2nd season.

Really intrigued on how the parallel world ended up the way it is because it hits pretty close to home with current events right now.

Malice at the Palace was good.

Wished they had showed the Pistons players reaction, being that everybody were mostly friends.

I would have reacted the same way. Stern was put in a tough position but he should have spoken with the players before making a final decision.

Last edited:
Not a Netflix show but watching Counterpart with J.K. Simmons. It was on Starz before it was cancelled after the 2nd season.

Really intrigued on how the parallel world ended up the way it is because it hits pretty close to home with current events right now.
One of the best shows the past 5 years. Shame it got cancelled.

a lot of incorrect statements in this, and if you think Beckett was one of the worst movies on Netflix you haven't watched many.

There was some sarcasm in my post but just been disappointed with JW's work since Tenet, which I thought was trash too.

But really, Beckett was hot trash

Tenet was hardly a "flop"

Box office: $363.7 million
Budget: $200 million

Malcom and Marie was good. He acted his *** off in it.

I don't think Beckett being meh, means his career has been derailed. He is still very young and will get more roles.

Maybe it wasn't a flop in terms of numbers but I think that had more to do with it being a Nolan movie

You would think after the hype of Tenet, JW would elevate his career but I felt he didn't deliver in the movie.

Maybe I'm being too critical because I've been a fan but felt he hasn't had a breakthrough performance yet

Malice at the Palace was good.

Wished they had showed the Pistons players reaction. Being they everybody were mostly friends.

I would have reacted the same way. Stern was put in a tough position but he should have spoken with the players before making a final decision.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

But Jermaine O'Neal was full of it. Dude ran across the court to try and get a sucker punch off. He's lucky he didn't connect fully, because he would have probably been gone for a lot longer than Ron, gotten a lawsuit and a possible arrest.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

But Jermaine O'Neal was full of it. Dude ran across the court to try and get a sucker punch off. He's lucky he didn't connect fully, because he would have probably been gone for a lot longer than Ron, gotten a lawsuit and a possible arrest.

Matta did an interview stating that him and the fan that he hit first (the guy who threw the cup bet him $50 that he could hit him with the beer) are friends now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom