The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Maybe it wasn't a flop in terms of numbers but I think that had more to do with it being a Nolan movie

You would think after the hype of Tenet, JW would elevate his career but I felt he didn't deliver in the movie.

Maybe I'm being too critical because I've been a fan but felt he hasn't had a breakthrough performance yet

beckett was hot garbage.

the scene where he jumps from the parking lot railing onto the moving car.. like fam forreal? when did he get bitten by a radioactive spider and just become spiderman? this **** made scenes from the fast and the furious look like non-fiction writing.

Trying to grind Manifest.
Season 3.. Character's just got dumb
Ben Stones daughter looking like what kylie jenner would wanna look like without all the plastic.

Pushing through this series.
I somehow watched it from week-to-week as it aired. I think that made it more bearable. Did it get canceled?

Ben Stones daughter looking like what kylie jenner would wanna look like without all the plastic.

Been telling my wife that girl looks like Kendall Gender since she forced me to watch this garbage. This is like a trash version lost with too much biblical bs.

Been telling my wife that girl looks like Kendall Gender since she forced me to watch this garbage. This is like a trash version lost with too much biblical bs.
I don’t know if it was a typo or intentional but “Gender” in lieu of “Jenner” is hilarious considering Bruce’s situation :lol:

As Lost came out at a time when binge watching wasn't even a thing and Netflix was still just doing DVD rentals I wonder how different we'd feel if we were to actually take in multiple eps of seasons in a week. I remember a guy in my college dorm raving about the first ep and how he couldn't wait for the 2nd one. I was able to dl it off dc++ and was hooked off the first episode too.

As Lost came out at a time when binge watching wasn't even a thing and Netflix was still just doing DVD rentals I wonder how different we'd feel if we were to actually take in multiple eps of seasons in a week. I remember a guy in my college dorm raving about the first ep and how he couldn't wait for the 2nd one. I was able to dl it off dc++ and was hooked off the first episode too.
My friends kept raving about it but I didn’t start until right before the final season due to peer pressure but I was hooked all in after the pilot. I downloaded them online (probably a torrent) and binged it in time for the final season.

We would have watch parties every week (Tuesday?) then just theorize after and for the next 7 days about what we thought would happen, read up theories on the internet, etc. **** was lit :lol: I definitely think I would have a different experience binging it solo in 2021. NT and the various threads for shows that air week to week actually makes the viewing experience not that bad IMHO.

Still love Lost. I watch vids on youtube where people watch the episodes for the first time and I forgot how damn good the show was. Such a big main cast but you ended up caring about a lot of them and their backstories were so good. The jokes about Sayid and Jin in the first season def wouldn't fly today.

There was some sarcasm in my post but just been disappointed with JW's work since Tenet, which I thought was trash too.

But really, Beckett was hot trash
Dude better get it together before he ruin all his Washington good name. To early in his movie career to be doing passion projects. He needs to find his Spike Lee and get a few quality movies under his belt. I wasn't impressed by Tenet, loved Inception. I could watch it any day of the week, however Tenet. Once was enough maybe watch once more since I know "everything" now.

That is disappointing because I am enjoying the first season. I sometimes think to myself what would I do if I was in dudes spot. Wife basically moved on after "5 years".

**Raises hand**
Only watched one episode of Lost, I want to watch the series but so much current stuff is coming out pushing it further and further back. I literally need like a blizzard to come and shut down all travel for like 2 months to get caught up on everything.
Bosch
Peaky Blinders
Lost
The Wire

I remember really trying to like The Strain on FX but that was a "grind" after the first half of season 1.

I've never seen an episode of Lost or TWD. I'm good on the zombie stuff (unless its GOT). For Lost, I heard that drop off in the latter seasons is drastic. Not sure I wanna put myself through that.

Yeah he'll be fine. Knocking him for not being in big movies since Tenet like there isn't this thing out there that's halted big movies. Most of the big ones even coming out now were made back when Tenet was.

Some of yall takes on John David Washington are hot garbage! Dude is one of the best actors out there. One netflix movie is not going to negatively affect his career.

I'm a fan of JDW but the movie Beckett was trash... watched it with my girl and after it finished we just put something else on. Didn't even talk about it :lol:

In no way has this changed my opinion of him though. He's going to be in some great movies and probably have a great career in general. I'm excited to see what he's going to be in next.

I remember really trying to like The Strain on FX but that was a "grind" after the first half of season 1.
The first season was great TV but the 2nd was a steep dropoff and I'm surprised I even got through it. Didn't care to watch season 3, show just kept getting weirder and harder to follow that 2nd season.

The Wire, Bosch and Peaky Blinders are must watches and most likely better than the shows you're watching right now. Gotta make those happen whenever you get the time.

I almost started it last year.
I was all set and ready to get it in, and then I realized there were over 100 episodes.
That's just too much.
I'm anxious now just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom