The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

big game today in pittsburgh. we've had pretty good success there recently...but it's never easy against pitt. our pass defense has never been worse...hopefully they can keep big ben and the pitt receivers in check. and as always, hopefully brady is on and can hang up 35+
laugh.gif

kevin faulk suiting up today, interested in what his role will be. i think woodhead could be a good option today if they use him. ocho...we got you for games like this...it's time to show up with your head on straight, man
nerd.gif

I think we got this against the steelers......just hope the defense don't give up any long passes

I think the Pats should win by at least 2 scores.

Steelers are without Hines Ward, James Farrior and James Harrison today.

2 major pass rushers and Big Ben's safety blanket.

We all know if you give Brady time he will pick you apart. All he has to do is find Troy P, look him off, and make the throws.

Big game for Brady I think.

Ben and the offense are going to have to win this. I don't believe they will, Brady and co just own that LeBeau defense (unless changes were made), and I'm not sure the Steeler o can keep up. Would be awesome to somehow pull out a W though

bad loss...especially coming off the bye. you'd think we'd be better prepared for that one.

offense: no answer for the steeler pass rush. and receivers just could not get open. steeler pass defense was monstrous today. **** lebeau finally figured out how to get linebackers to brady. brady had to move out way too much today.
defense: they didn't give up a lot of TDs, but just could not get off the field. let the steelers have way to many 8+ play drives. third down defense was pretty bad.
special teams: between the missed fg and those two onsides kick (i think that's what they were)....just awful.

on to the giants. need to show up for this one. no doubt that eli 41 chromosome manning carves us up for 350 or so. we need to figure out how to block their line and backers and keep them from planting brady. if they get those easy sacks...it'll be another L.

watching the post-game...couple interesting things:

- leigh bodden cut right before this game...could he have helped? personally, i don't think it would have helped. he hasn't shown me anything this year to make me think he could have helped. the whole bend but dont break mentality we use is just not going to work when you play teams who have the ability to slow the offense down.
- a bit crazy how we played so poorly and yet still found ourselves going for an onsides kick with a chance to win. it's probably more of the steelers not putting us away, but still.

Pitt offense played well and almost put it out of reach. Good look by the Pats offense to bring them back but they simply weren't on the field enough. Last time Pitt won a regular season game though, you remember how that season ended

And hilarious play by Troy at the end

Just once I want to see a Pats DB turn his head and look for the ball.

This team isn't looking promising at all this year. Tom needs to start showing up for the entire game and not just the 2nd half. As for the D...won't even get into everything that's wrong with them which is pretty much everything. I just have 1 word,discipline.

I'm tired of this @*%!@@+ sorry +*% secondary, JD.

When Brady was marching down the field at the end...I kept telling my boy they better leave as little time left on the clock because it "felt" too much like the SB game. I was halfway into making that a post but didn't want to jinx it. Lo and behold...
eyes.gif

• Patriots drive down the field and take the lead on a TD
  • Leave enough time on the clock for Giants to make a drive
  • Eli marches down on sorry +*% DB's
  • A Giants player makes a great catch to continue drive
  • Giants punch in a TD with almost no time left
I'm gonna drink this one away...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Hope Bill rips into them especially after today,played like crap 
30t6p3b.gif

Nah someone should actually rip into Bill.

This falls directly on his shoulders. Year after year after year it's getting these "system" players (aka cheap vets and stock up mid-round draft picks) who can't make enough plays and don't pan out. He needs to take a step back and re-assess his approach to building the team up. No speed guys, no vertical threat, small %!# DB's always getting punked, etc. #$!##! with absolutely no playmaking skills. No impact pass rushers.

It's why we get "exposed" when postseason time comes around.

And this isn't even me overreacting. I've been saying this $$%% forever now.

ugh. we let this dumb country bumpkin embarrass us again. totally embarrassing.

bums of the game:
1) brady
2) edelman
3) gustkowski

defense took their final two drives off...but they played well enough for us to win this one easy. that said, the defense NEEDS to be addressed this offseason. we have NO playmakers out there. arrington made a helluva play today...only to give it right back. how do you stay turned away from the play when your man is in the back corner eyes lit up for the ball. turn the eff around. and that PI call was atrocious...but it's not the reason we lost. it was just a bad call and a bad break in a poorly played game.

brady...last three weeks...he's missing A LOT of easy throws. it's odd. and all year, he can't get a ball clean over the other team's defensive line to save his life. so many tipped balls. and today, he really could have hit ocho two or three times for some nice plays...but just threw the ball poorly. i dunno...my dude just looks off. he can't play a full game.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

indifferent.gif

"You can't spell Elite without Eli." - Justin Tuck.

Please stop hating and give props when they are due.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

indifferent.gif

i said nice win for you guys despite not having bradshaw and nicks in the other thread. but that was embarrassing. our pass defense is like the NFL's village bicycle...

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

indifferent.gif

i said nice win for you guys despite not having bradshaw and nicks in the other thread. but that was embarrassing. our pass defense is like the NFL's village bicycle...
The defense didn't even play that bad today, it was the offense that let them down. The offense showed up for one drive 

^ no doubt. they didn't show up when it counted most though...just like the SB. but i would hang that loss 90% on the offense...like i said, we should have won easy given what our defense did most of the game

awesome win tonight
pimp.gif

defense...major props for coming together and doing work despite the injuries and criticism AND playing the full 60 minutes. andre carter and rob ninkovich
pimp.gif

offense got it going very nicely after a slow start. brady not sharp in the first half and early 3rd quarter...but he got dialed in in the last 20-25 minutes. dude picked em apart with the no huddle tonight. gronk was huge...real nice grabs in traffic and took some shots. branch, welker, and even ocho all had key grabs. ran the ball in the 4th when we needed to. very nice second half.

mccourty like out a couple weeks...good
laugh.gif

IT WAS ALL HAYNESWORTH'S FAULT!
Just kidding, but hell of an effort by the defense tonight.

Andre Carter. 
smokin.gif
 That was a nice signing last offseason.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

When Brady was marching down the field at the end...I kept telling my boy they better leave as little time left on the clock because it "felt" too much like the SB game. I was halfway into making that a post but didn't want to jinx it. Lo and behold...
eyes.gif

• Patriots drive down the field and take the lead on a TD
  • Leave enough time on the clock for Giants to make a drive
  • Eli marches down on sorry +*% DB's
  • A Giants player makes a great catch to continue drive
  • Giants punch in a TD with almost no time left
I'm gonna drink this one away...
30t6p3b.gif

you root for the yankees tho.  you can exit thread now, your thoughts are irrelevant, obsolete and not authentic.  TomBradysTheGOAT

ANWAYS, now that we cleared out the vermin

i wish every person could be in the same room me and my boy are in when we watch patriots games.....needless to say we bring major lulz.

first of all i got names for everyone.  last week against the new jerk silence Rob Ninkovich (sp?) i affectionately dubbed VenniVettiVicci LMAO

so u know that nickname was yelled after the pick 6 last night

benjarves green ellis? law firm? CORNBALL name

i call him (my boy loves it)  Ben-Jaffi-Joe (DADADOOOOOO!!!!!) dipset reference for those that don't know

Tom Brady is just The GOAT. The One Knee MVP. he dookies all over everyone.  just about the best FOOTWORK in the NFL.

DEAL WITH IT.

danny woodhead is danny warhead....get the picture?

i was goin in on rex last night too.  i deepen my voice and get it all grumpy and coarse and say "we're gunna kick bill belichicks %@%!" "Oh im not here to kiss belichicks rings!"  "when i get my rings im gonna make a podium so bill can come up and kiss MY rings ARGHHHH!"

then i went really in on rex....

everytime they cut to him all mad in the 3rd/4th quarter i used that voice in conjunction with some sort of food joke "ARGH! wheres my sandwhich??..//Hold the Lettuce! i just want meat and mayo!"

"Make sure my BBQ ribs are ready for the two minute warning! ARGGHH"  he is such a fat loud mouth
roll.gif

i had the room in tears....and we're grown %@% men.....

neways my boy said we're goin undefeated the rest of the seas......i like his prediction
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom