The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

haynesworth, bodden, dowling, and wright out for the defense. hernandez and vollmer out for the offense.

hopefully chung is back and ready to go today.

jerrod mayo carted off the field...knee injury
indifferent.gif

if i had to guess...id say LONG, man. didn't look good. season ending injury to him is not what our defense needs right now
laugh.gif

i wonder about woodhead too...he hopped off on one leg. hopefully just a muscle cramp in his calf or something

Damn man,we don't need this right now with all the injuries we have already and now arguably our best player on defense is out? 
frown.gif
tired.gif

nice win today. i was really happy to see us get the running game going AND stick with it. the raiders have been getting gashed on the ground for most of the year so im glad we stuck with that in the game plan. plus it helped to limit their possessions a bit, which is always good for our defense. offense overall was solid. defense looked terrible at times, but got those two gift wrapped INTs from JC to pretty much save the day. seymour was out of control...big guy needed a cold shower before that one started
laugh.gif

brady - not as sharp as he typically is...but good enough to run the offense pretty well. thought he bought himself time very nicely today, but with guys in his face, some of his throws were off. he protected the ball well tho.

welker - leading the league in receptions and yards? not much to say. that little stop and go route he ran where brady threw him that back shoulder ball right at the pylon was so nice. the route, the catch, and getting feet down. love this dude

ridley - welcome to the league, man. showed some good speed and cuts. great compliment to the law firms "power" running

woodhead - ankle injury, not sure how bad

defensive backs -
indifferent.gif

vince wilfork - what y'all know about wilfork island
pimp.gif

mayo - HUGE loss. looks like it's just a sprained MCL, which is 4-6 weeks i think? sucks to not have him for the matchup with the jets next week
30t6p3b.gif

mccourty - no huge plays, but QBs are still going at him. dude was playing way off the receivers today so he didn't get beat. broke up that 2pt conversion attempt nicely.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

indifferent.gif

u really gonna try and get away with that one ?
lookout for this new phrase in the week in review thread...it's coming
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

indifferent.gif

u really gonna try and get away with that one ?
lookout for this new phrase in the week in review thread...it's coming
laugh.gif
Wilfork: 2 INT's
Revis: 1 INT
2>1
Wilfork. 
Island.
laugh.gif

-J-

through 3 games...28, 42, and 398 - those numbers are highest in the league in terms of catches allowed, times targeted, and yards allowed in that order, and those numbers belong to.........

devin mccourty
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

saw this on twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/BrianCoz
BrianCoz Brian Costello

Santonio Holmes on Pats D: "I think the numbers speak for themselves on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense." #Jets
laugh.gif

that's funny..

-J-

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#Jets

im a jet fan and personally i think the team needs to shut the hell up this week especially santonio,  don't say nothing dumb through twitter, through the media etc. i know they thrive off of trash talk but  after the last 2 weeks there's nothing to be said  and i know new england is going to be ready to play come sunday. 

today's inactives for us:

RB Danny Woodhead, WR Julian Edelman, S Josh Barrett, OT Sebastian Vollmer, QB Ryan Mallett, DT Mike Wright and LB Jerod Mayo.

i wonder if we'll make sanchez look like peyton manning today. please don't...

on defense, it's simple...get to sanchez, win the game.

on offense...will be a lot tougher than the first few games. going to have to see what rex throws at us. i assume revis is on welker...and cro will probably work a combo of branch/hernandez. basically, it's ocho's day to shine. he's going to need to show up today and be on top of his $##%. earn the respect of the NE fans today, chad. if we can run the ball as well, even better...

"tom checked out of some plays to more favorable runs..." is what belichick said after the game. referring to that final drive. that's my QB
pimp.gif

a very nice balanced win. the defense played pretty damn well. biggest thing, THEY GOT OFF THE DAMN FIELD ON THIRD DOWN...FINALLY. the offense was pretty solid against a tough jet defense. play-calling on offense was MUCH better in the second half. to come out and on the first play of the second half fake the run and go over the top...just perfect. wes welker...really didn't matter who was on him today. revis did well most of the game, but was fooled once for 70 yards. i think benny was today's big hero. he was the man killing the clock on our final drive...just kept the chains moving. he and the offensive line killed it today. game ball to benny and the line.

our defense, as better as they played today, will be the downfall of this squad unless it starts getting pressure on QBs. it won't work down the stretch and into the playoffs if we get there. but for now, rex ryan can suck my fat....

toe.
laugh.gif

Prob my fav win so far
pimp.gif
. Nice well balanced win. Dallas up next,hopefully we keep this balanced attack up.

first off....

UGLY win. we definitely stole that one. 4 turnovers is terrible. but our defense was huge today. they stepped it up big time. my dude andre carter was just going nuts all game, gotta have that every week. and albert was just pushing whatever two guys were on him back in on romo. kinda suprised romo and co didn't test us deep a couple of times. hats off to the defense today.

offense was pretty garbage most of the day. but that last drive...effin' surgical. it's why i wouldn't want any other QB in the league. dude was just calm and cool on that final drive, as if it was the second quarter. and then after the TD you see him go nuts with the fist pump. hernandez, welker, gronk, branch, woodhead...no one going wild on the stat sheet...but everyone contributing at key times. the turnovers were bad. brady's getting a lot of throws tipped at the line last year, and they happen to be landing in defender's arms. he's gotta get better about that. and then his 4th qtr INT was awful...it was a favre play. just trying to make a play when nothing's there. just eat the ball. and the fumbles...careless. hernandez, as good as he is, has hands issues. end of last year, preseason, and now today. he's even had a couple fumbles been negated thanks to a knee being down.

5-1 into the bye week. we should get some dudes back coming out of the bye weeks mayo and vollmer in particular.

c44fa6a7-e5b6-49ed-b0b0-17d5a2f42749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom