The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

darius butler and jon wilhite getting beat by practice squaders...some things never change
laugh.gif

yeah heard he was looking fat and slow as hell though
laugh.gif

worked out mark clayton too which is interesting.

signed ricky brown (LB) and the ex-jet ihedigbo (S). two positions we're EXTREMELY thin at

this'll probably be the last year meriwether is playing for New England, i'd be shocked if he isn't traded by the start of next year.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

yeah heard he was looking fat and slow as hell though
laugh.gif

worked out mark clayton too which is interesting.

signed ricky brown (LB) and the ex-jet ihedigbo (S). two positions we're EXTREMELY thin at

Any idea why Edelman didn't get any run on Thur?

edelman might have been banged up. he's been off the practice field for a few, i think.

here's how i see it

welker, branch, ochocinco, slater are shoe in's to make it.

edelman, price, and tate are fighting to take the last spot...unless we carry six. unless price is seriously injured, i see him making the team. i think tate is for sure gone.

ok.. no pressure or anything.. but i have a 100-20 bet on you guys beating miami in the first game (straight up)

soo dont mess this up

had to do it man.. dolphins fan running his mouth after looking decent against those mighty 2-14 panthers

best instant of a bet in a drinking situation..

this time last year a cowboys fan started running his mouth and made a 500 dollar bet the cowboys would make the super bowl

wow that was ugly last night. looked like they didn't prepare for the lions at all. offensive line got owned, brady was way off, defensive backs got BEAT habitually (mccourty im looking at you), no pressure...just an all around stinker. the lone TD was pretty, but that's about it. the welker injury is concerning...hope it's nothing major. wilhite injury...good, cut him. but yeah, helluva effort from the lions. no mystery into why they killed us, they had the intensity from the start. cam wake is probably drooling after watching that game last night
laugh.gif

this is good though, we needed as !#% kicking to get these guys back down to earth. im not too concerned.

Doug Flutie's daughter Alexa is a Patriots cheerleader

/i.usatoday.net/_inside2011/_i/_share/usat_comment_middle.png);">http://i.usatoday.net/_in...sat_comment_middle.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; width: auto; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 6px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 6px; font-weight: bold; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">3/i.usatoday.net/_inside2011/_i/_share/usat_comment_right.png);">http://i.usatoday.net/_in...usat_comment_right.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; width: 3px; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">[*]http://content.usatoday.com/communi...s-daughter-alexa-is-a-patriots-cheerleader/1#[*]http://content.usatoday.com/communi...s-daughter-alexa-is-a-patriots-cheerleader/1#By Tom Weir, USA TODAY

Updated 11m ago

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...es-daughter-alexa-is-a-patriots-cheerleader/1/i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/caption0.gif);">http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/caption0.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">CAPTION

Photo courtesy of the New England Patriots
The New England Patriots website understandably identifies the team's cheerleaders only by first name. But the word is out about the one named Alexa.
That would be Alexa Flutie, the 23-year-old daughter of Heisman Trophy winner and former Patriot Doug Flutie.

Shutdown Corner has an interview with Alexa and points out there should be no accusations of nepotism, since she made the Patriots' crew for the first time after three previous efforts.

Alexa's bio on the Patriots' website says she has a degree in Dance from Dean College, that she hopes to become a choreographer and the her community service involvement includes the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism.

See photos of: New England Patriots

let's go fellas.

lot of play from the starts tonight on our side. not too happy that a) we have to do that and, b) we are doing it. not a fan of that decision. just give em a couple series and pull em.

want to see ocho look sharp tonight. and want the defense to show up.

^ not much. played a handful of downs...against the giants scrubs i believe. so you haven't missed anything on albert.

god ESPN and the rest of the sports media world is INSANE trying to spin this into a "brady wants moss back" story
roll.gif

darius butler released...thank you, lord. dude stays getting beat like he stole something.

and we now have two gronks on the team
laugh.gif

we're on deck...let's kick this season off right tonight
pimp.gif

notables out for tomorrow:

T Sebastian Vollmer
LB Jermaine Cunningham
WR Taylor Price
LB Jeff Tarpinian
OL Ryan Wendell

solder will start at RT. hayneworth made the trip and is likely a go even tho he missed the last couple days of practice because of illness.

let's gooooooooooo
pimp.gif

need to keep wake off brady's $!@ tonight...wish vollmer was playing

Finally
pimp.gif

Hopefully we see good things from Solder. I'm expecting this to be a close game,Dolphins usually play us tough.

different year, same story...

brady and co kill the #+@# out of it. the defense keeps the other team in the game until the absolute end. god damn, bill...fix that damn defense!

brady tonight...not much needs to be said. dude is dialed in with those two TEs. and wes remains the man. branch had some nice grabs. ocho with one grab...and a near second on a clear def. PI that went uncalled. woodhead ran well...i cant get over how "slippery" he is. the offensive line...hats off. two new guys, including a rookie. then koppen goes down, and you couldn't even tell. broken ankle for koppen...that sucks. we are RAZOR thin at line right now.

the defense. they got pressure and some sacks...but they gave up a TON of yards. mccourty looked real average tonight. the one handed tackle on bush by haynesworth was sick. that safety spot needs to be addressed, not sure how at this point. but it's another area where we're too thin right now. the good news is...inside the 10...we get big. less room to cover
laugh.gif

all in all...good start. primetime road games are never easy...and we came out and got that W. on to san diego...

Back
Top Bottom