--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Untitled2.png

We moved Cyrus to safety late in the game yesterday. Both he and Jordan Richards didn't seem to be locked in. Either that or they just aren't any good. With Gilmore, Butler and Rowe as the CBs, I wonder if they start giving Cyrus more time at safety to see how he pans out at that position.

Last edited:
i finally finished watching the whole game :lol:

observations:

• we played less starters (pretty much none :lol: ) than i expected. feel like we sat WAY more of them than we usually do. totally OK with that, of course
  • Jimmy looked hit or miss out there. sorta been his M.O. tho in practices and meaningless games. just not consistent. feel like he holds the ball a bit too long at times. a little slow to make his decision. but of course, our bar is TB12 so there's that. but his ability to move and throw on the move is great. that two minute drill TD before half was great to see and nice drive to start the 2nd half.
  • Austin Carr...not bad, man. not bad at all. assuming we keep 6 WRs max: Jules, Cooks, Hogan, Mitch, Dola, and Slater. Slater might start the year on IR. if so, Carr might be able to win that spot. Lucien is a guy they love so practice squad for him. very early though, so we'll see. Dola watch is on...
  • really going to need some guys to step up in the front and middle levels of the defense. really had nothing going on tonight. i know we didn't play our starters, but this is a pretty bad sign of our depth. Freeney and Roberts really have to contribute a lot this year. guys to watch: Wise, Ealy, Langi
  • Cyrus the virus. burned in coverage. MULTIPLE times. nothing doing on returns. at least he didn't fumble? :lol:
  • Gostkowski gonna have me worried all year again, i guess. looking like a problem.
  • TE Jacob Hollister definitely made his name known. tempering my expectations though...we all remember Sudfeld :lol:

seriously, man. can't be taking hits to the front 7 already

ealy back in drills i believe. but no word on rivers.

Gotta manage Gronk's play time. Obviously didn't need him last year but would love to have him this year.

just caught the game from last night. overall, pretty meh performance.

brady led offense was super vanilla which i'm sure was intended. efficient on the scoring drive. i doubt they're trying to show too much at this point, especially to HOU who we play in the regular season and possibly post season. burkhead was obviously the big story on offense. rushing, catching...all good. jimmy g looked pretty bleh and the INT was ****ing terrible. still slow to pull to the trigger i feel like. not sure if that huge shot he took on a sack was him not adjusting the protection or one of the TEs/T missing their assignement, but that **** was ugly. brissett wasn't bad and got screwed by some drops. the TE situation is going to be interesting. they'll only carry 2 or 3. we know gronk is one. so it's allen (invisible), hollister, or o'shaunnesy. hollister showed out last week, o'shaunnesy a bit today. DJ foster played well but just not sure he makes the team based on sheer depth at the RB spot. maybe the PS? but overall, not a ton to talk about on O besides burkhead.

defense was pretty good outside of a couple big plays. much better than last week. butler in coverage looked bad but gilmore looked good. the front got decent pressure but couldn't finish and get to the QB. we're still missing hightower and flowers though so i'm not too worried at this point. should be fine. roberts' injury looked bad but only some bruised ribs it sounds like. ealy and langi...they really have chance to make a big impact but nothing much from them yet. hopefully rivers and wise make it back to the lineup soon.

gostkowski was perfect which was reassuring a bit. cyrus jones on returns tonight was definitely one of the bright spots. he had one goof but 3 very nice punt returns. i think it's safe to say he's 10 times the punt returner than kickoff returner.

really good news with Gillislee, Solder, and Hightower all back at practice :pimp:

also, Roberts back at practice (without the red jersey) which is good to see. his rib injury must have not been that serious at all

really good news with Gillislee, Solder, and Hightower all back at practice :pimp:

also, Roberts back at practice (without the red jersey) which is good to see. his rib injury must have not been that serious at all

Nice :pimp:

I'm hoping we can get into the regular season with no more injuries. I kind of feel like this defense will be similar to last season in that they won't be an elite group and they'll give up yards and some big plays, but they won't give up too many TDs. We need Hightower to be leader in the middle, Branch to be that foundation up front, Trey to get pressure and Gilmore and Butler to lock up on the outside.

things i want to see tonight...

1) mike gillislee show he can be that power runner with more
2) brady get the other weapons involved (cooks, gronk, jules)
3) butler to compete a lot more versus some good talent (tate/jones)
4) the OL (namely fleming) to keep Brady upright

Back
Top Bottom