--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Where'd y'all get those AF1s :nerd:

It was an eventful cut day :lol:

I'm inturgued by this guy we got from Seattle. From what I heard, he was the next guy up over there :nerd:

I'm inturgued by this guy we got from Seattle. From what I heard, he was the next guy up over there :nerd:

supposedly plays with a mean streak and edge. we'll rotate him in on pass rushing downs. hopefully he can establish himself as a consistent player for us

Good looks on the link :pimp:

I hope this guy pans out as well. It feels like we still lack depth in the front 7 though. It's Hightower, Branch, Flowers and a bunch of rotational guys. Hopefully the secondary can hold its own.

this one is a head scratcher....

we're already thin inside on the line and now this guy is gone? weird.

as of now...

upload_2017-9-2_17-36-53.png

Have yall looked at this season's schedule?

vsvsdv.png

A lot of games against NFC teams in the beginning (mostly at home), the classic Pats bye in the middle, then ending with a total division battle! :nerd:

#WeWant6

Last edited:
Bills and Jete @ home to finish is great to see. none of that @ Miami BS at the end with the #1 seed on the line :lol:

Bills and Jete @ home to finish is great to see. none of that @ Miami BS at the end with the #1 seed on the line :lol:

They really packed a lot of division games into the end of the season. I don't know how good The Bills are supposed to be but
obviously The Pats could just annihilate the division at the end or get it could get funky.

Shea going to IR to bring back Bolden.

:smh:

Anyone catch Do Your Job 2 last night? It's crazy, not really at this point I guess, how Bill and Co. prep for tons of situations and scenarios in advance. Exploiting the linebackers against Houston, bringing out the flea flicker against Pittsburgh and having extra 2 point plays available as well as being sure to be conditioned.

Like we know they're always prepared, but seeing the insight and work they put in behind the scenes is awesome.

Last edited:
Shea going to IR to bring back Bolden.

:smh:

Anyone catch Do Your Job 2 last night? It's crazy, not really at this point I guess, how Bill and Co. prep for tons of situations and scenarios in advance. Exploiting the linebackers against Houston, bringing out the flea flicker against Pittsburgh and having extra 2 point plays available as well as being sure to be conditioned.

Like we know they're always prepared, but seeing the insight and work they put in behind the scenes is awesome.

yup i caught it. amazing stuff!! unreal how much foresight bill has, man

Happy gameday everyone!

I got my RKK's yesterday and the details on them are amazing, and one of my favorite things is the collection of tongue patches they included. Unfortunately I got a double set of patches for SB LI "Unequivocally the sweetest" and missed out on the "Do Your Job" patches. Sigh. Anyone happen to get a double set of patches for Do Your Job? :lol:

it's here, fellas! we byke!!!

my RKKs come wednesday so i'll let you know for sure

This defense is a problem. Don't want to have a knee jerk reaction, but the lack of depth and skilled players showed. And with Hightower going out, you could quickly see how things fell apart. Hopefully he's good to go next week in NOLA.

Also, I felt like we were so damn deep at WR at training camp; now it's Cooks and Hogan :smh:

Dola looked good too before he went out.

yeah defense was always going to be a problem. i said each time we made a move for another offensive player...."what about the defense? what about the front 7?". hopefully Hightower isn't out for too long. saw that he actually was ready to try and go back in but did one more test run on the sideline and then took the helmet off. hopefully that's indicative of it not being too serious.

the offense will be fine. i think all the options actually made Josh McDaniels look a little foolish tonight. his playcalling was pretty C-grade. but i think that absolutely gets corrected and back on track. the offensive line protected real well. receivers couldn't get open though. Hogan got NO separation at all. Gronk was just invisible. i'm not going to say washed cause i don't believe that. but McDaniels again really didn't get him in a position to do damage. Brady was definitely off. the overthrows looked bad. granted, much of the time the guy was blanketed, but the one to Allen on the first play just set the tone. i'm not worried about him at all. not one bit. there wasn't a lot of plays to make which was part of the problem. back to McDaniels. didn't really exploit matchups (RBs on LBs, Gronk on LBs or DBs not named Berry, etc).

normally i'd say RIP to whoever we play after a loss like that, but going down to New Orleans and facing Brees with our defense? woof

Nink would at least provide some depth, knowledge and leadership. What worries me most is that teams like Pittsburgh should be able to do the same thing as what KC did to us. Our linebackers are complete mismatches for any RB with speed and can catch.

Man that game was frustrating last night.

Even with what all that happened, I still feel we should have won. The two 4th downs were huge momentum killers. It was definantly not mcdanials best night.

I am def. Worried about the front 7. As usual the run defense falls apart without Hightower. Other than brady I've always said he may be our 2nd most important player the last 3 years.

I think we will be alright once the team can have some time to adjust some.
Next week is going to be scary tho, we made alex Smith look like brees lol

Back
Top Bottom