--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Nate Solder might be out tomorrow...RIP Thomas :smh:

hopefully whatever illness he has subsides and he can play but not looking good. that means Fleming and Waddle at the tackles....

13-3 to finish the season and home-field throughout. all in all, not a bad year considering we lost Edelman for the year and Hightower pretty early.

running backs (Lewis and Rex) really came on strong and helped this offense out this year. Gronk was a stud. Brady was great through the first 12ish weeks or so but then struggled a bit as the offensive line struggles got him rocked a few weeks starting with the first bills game. not sure if the achilles is still an issue, but his footwork on throws is off for sure. LOT of bodies coming back in two weeks so that'll be good for Thomas.

the defense really came around and locked teams down from a points standpoint. Van Noy, Flowers, Wise, and Guy really helped settle things down with the front seven. Lee and Flowers (Marquise) came on nicely down the stretch to fill in. Harrison is a much needed body, just gotta keep him out of coverage. the secondary got A LOT better but still is giving up yardage.

ideally, we would want to see the Titans but it's like we get KC again for round 2

Agreed on Harrison. He’s a sure tackler and looks like he can finish on sacks when he can get there. For this team, he’s a good addition for the playoffs.

The offense worries me a bit; mainly Brady and the offensive line, but hopefully getting Hogan, Burkhead and White will help with things. Some of Brady’s throws look off and I tend to think it’s the Achilles.

With that being said, I hope this bye week will allow the team to rest up to make a run here.

Seems like we'll nearly be at full strength for next week.

tenor.gif

I've flip flopped on Patricia, I'm excited now.

Y'all talk me out of it.

:lol:

honestly, we'll have to wait and see. but given that BB is the defensive genius, there's no reason to think Patricia is out here doing anything special. what he will bring is that no BS, do your job, etc etc attitude which is important. he's been under BB so he def knows some tricks. but we'll see. no doubt the defense will improve. it almost has to at least a little since that's his focus and there isn't much room to go down (i think?). but we'll see about the offense and if the team as a whole improves.

The reason I flip flopped is there was a decade long Super Bowl drought until he showed up and honestly the current Lions probably have more talent on defense than the Pats right now.

Them dudes just ain't good. When I heard Kyle Van Not being out as negative I knew what was left was trash.

The reason I flip flopped is there was a decade long Super Bowl drought until he showed up and honestly the current Lions probably have more talent on defense than the Pats right now.

Them dudes just ain't good. When I heard Kyle Van Not being out as negative I knew what was left was trash.

what might get frustrating (and this if he uses the same approach) is that you've got talent to be aggressive, yet he still plays it safe and uses a more "bend but don't break" approach. in NE we don't have the horses to be overly aggressive, but will be interested to see if he strays away from that approach with better talent on that side of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom