The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 'Doernbecher Freestyle' drops Sept 4, proceeds go to pediatric cancer fund @ OHSU Hospital
DIBX51yUIAE_Arc.jpg

AH6830_100_A_PREM_hd_1600.jpg
AH6830_100_G_PREM_hd_1600.jpg
AH6830_100_I_PREM_hd_1600.jpg
AH6830_100_J_PREM_hd_1600.jpg
AH6830_100_B_PREM_hd_1600.jpg

Those are super sweet! Man, I hope I can grab a pair for personal. Even the hoodie looks super dope.

Glad theirs family sizing got to go for a mens and womens pair... fingers crossed

Last edited:
We used to have an outlet in Melbourne. In 02 the MX orange popped up there and were snapped up before I got to the store. Been on the hunt ever since. And they're so rare to find, such a great shoe for all the reasons JC mentioned.

For me them, the 03 and the 2010 are the best infras of the lot.

Special mention for the 08 infrapink. I loved those and they were comfy, shocking they screwed the colour up. But good in their own right for that reason.

And the 08 premium ostrich.

But the 02 mx orange are fiyaahhhhhhh

Hi all, first time posting here. Not from the states but visiting for a few days.

I have a pair of US size 12 90s as my daily beaters. So comfy, I love them. They are maybe a bit big for me though. I have a chance to cop a pair of these, but they're size 11.5. I can't get them in my home country. I'm worried about the width, they're a bit tighter when trying them on new. I know after breaking them in there'll be more room in the shoe but can 90s be stretched if this isn't enough? Anyone done it?

37384079_fr_ven_sc7

Hi all, first time posting here. Not from the states but visiting for a few days.

I have a pair of US size 12 90s as my daily beaters. So comfy, I love them. They are maybe a bit big for me though. I have a chance to cop a pair of these, but they're size 11.5. I can't get them in my home country. I'm worried about the width, they're a bit tighter when trying them on new. I know after breaking them in there'll be more room in the shoe but can 90s be stretched if this isn't enough? Anyone done it?

37384079_fr_ven_sc7
depends on the material. Fabrics wont stretch very much, i.e. denim. But leather and suede do break in and stretch nicely from experience. If your okay length wise amd your issue is just width. Youll be ok just wear some thin socks for a while. The more you sweat in them the quicker they will break in

PrisonerofDoom83 PrisonerofDoom83 Essentials are just your average GR. They're the vast majority of 90 releases.
Premiums are just that, slightly more premium materials. Essentials are fine man. 90s aren't exactly know for their quality anyway. It's that silhouette and mix of materials :nthat:

tonytobacco tonytobacco Vntg are nice, but Better than MX Orange Is a stretch lol
I'm personally not mad at the Vntg yellowing and whitewashed outsole. The quality, construction and shape on them is def on point.

If we are judging based on shape etc and them being wearable then Id have to agree with tonytobacco tonytobacco .

Its all perspective.

I love collecting shoes been doing it since the early 90s.

But at the end of the day - personally I collect what I can wear. To me, wearable is better than unwearable. Regardless of comparasion as I buy my shoes to wear them. IMO , Shoes look better on feet. Lol I barely look at my unwearable pairs as they give me that "only if I could wear them" feeling.

But if we are comparing them together as collector pieces. The MX Orange, hands down. Although Id need to wait 15 years to see how and if the vintage infrareds even age. I doubt they will hold up the test of time. I dont think the vintage 2012 infrareds would be considered a collectors piece as of now. I think it will change in 5-10 years. Even 2012 air maxes are uncompable in quality compared to 2015. My point is things tend to get worse. The earlier AMs cant really be compared to newer AMs objectively speaking. At this point we are wearing downgraded retros to the original shoes. Earlier AMs still have some of that OG essence to them.

But I tend to always judge on what I can wear. The vintage AM90s from 2012 are a gem in my book. Having had the original infrareds as a kid when they released. And of course I have unwearable pairs that have alot of personal value. Ive even bought pairs I know are unwearable. But Ill never be able to really compare the two DS as they didnt release in the same era. And comparing unwearable collector pieces to wearable shoes is somewhat apples and oranges in my book.

Back
Top Bottom