The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Thanks. Just got my pair :smokin

Pinks are interesting under uv
25C9688B-C238-4255-BDCD-37CD5D4A52BD.jpeg

Man some people are really f'ing weird about shoes. Like live in mom's basement and spend all day reading about and complaining about shoes while very rarely actually buying shoes. Obsessing over the 15 year old crumbling pair they have in a zip loc bag while telling everyone how bad the new pairs are. Weirdos.

Nice $81 for me shipped , no tax
Thanks

If NT had a policy where you had to post a pic of you wearing a relatively new pair of shoes in order to post, some guys in here would be **** out of luck. They don't buy new shoes. Why? Idk. They just spend all day *****ing and whining about anything new that comes out. Doesn't matter the shoes. You can rely on the same couple guys to call it "trash". Such a sad and pathetic way to live life. If you don't like it, cool. Move on. Let people that do enjoy it do so. Everyone doesn't have to be as miserable as you.

that being said, I have the feeling that the vast majority of people who complain (on this thread) have bought the pair

(personaly the pair that matters to me is the one I keep and not the one I send back so no problem for me :tongue: however I wouldn't like to be the guy who will buy my returned pair, and even less if he must buy it for 140€... I say it frankly if my two pairs had been perfect I would have kept both)

otherwise if the volt's go on sale i will certainly order it :smile: the volt's are really cool on feet and they grow on me lol :nthat:

Last edited:
this is tempting since the cost would be $81.60 even though I paid $90 at FNL with using my $20 off reward

what's the return policy at FNL :lol:

71737683_106095370820390_7527359023654347521_n.jpg
not am90s related, 2017 eminem AJ4, top is 99 shape reserved for athletes and VIPs etc, bottom pair is 2008 shape and was the prize for an contest, what i am trying to say is that Nike have clearly no intention to give us quality shoes with good shape, peeps in AJ4 BC thread are complaining for years about the shape and want the 99 shape but Nike give 0 fu.x

DBB6EC97-B3D9-4A92-A06E-625CCDB4ED9A.gif

If NT had a policy where you had to post a pic of you wearing a relatively new pair of shoes in order to post, some guys in here would be **** out of luck. They don't buy new shoes. Why? Idk. They just spend all day *****ing and whining about anything new that comes out. Doesn't matter the shoes. You can rely on the same couple guys to call it "trash". Such a sad and pathetic way to live life. If you don't like it, cool. Move on. Let people that do enjoy it do so. Everyone doesn't have to be as miserable as you.
It also isnt worth it if someone has an issue. We have dudes who complain and get more upset that someone isnt as happy as they are, and end up making the thread worse for that, too. Reading the last few pages, its been more of this than anything. I wanna see da shoes, dammit, not someone getting mad at people for their perceived flaws in theirs.

For what it’s worth did anyone else read the Sneaker Freaker interview with Juliana Sagat and Dylan Raasch who are in charge of the anniversaries? A lot of thought went into retroing the OG and they even cut a shoe in half to understand the construction and amount of materials that it required. Looking at the pic of the OG infrared they kept whole, the toe box has dents as well. To truly reproduce the OG they chose to use the same lightweight materials (I know others have offered this argument).

Their goal was to get this shoe back in circulation since the OGs are deteriorating and none would be left to wear. I have a huge appreciation for that last point, yeah it’s to make money too but to ensure the OG style is still offered in a non crumbling form is decent enough for me. I don’t mind if people dislike them, it’s the constant hate back and forth that’s getting old. For me, I love them and mine have minor flaws. So far I’ve got grape, volt, rose and hopefully teals tomorrow. Royals eventually.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth if did anyone else read the Sneaker Freaker interview with Juliana Sagat and Dylan Rauschenberg who are in charge of the anniversaries? A lot of thought went into retroing the OG and they even cut a shoe in half to understand the construction and amount of materials that it required. Looking at the pic of the OG infrared they kept whole, the toe box has dents as well. To truly reproduce the OG they chose to use the same lightweight materials (I know others have offered this argument).

Their goal was to get this shoe back in circulation since the OGs are deteriorating and none would be left to wear. I have a huge appreciation for that last point, yeah it’s to make money too but to ensure the OG style is still offered in a non crumbling form is decent enough for me. I don’t mind if people dislike them, it’s the constant hate back and forth that’s getting old. For me, I love them and mine have minor flaws. So far I’ve got grape, volt, rose and hopefully teals tomorrow. Royals eventually.
I think a middle ground perspective is healthy. it's when people are 100% on the train "the shoe is complete trash" or "all these shoes are perfectly fine, shut up and accept them" is when it gets annoying. not to mention constantly trying to change others' opinions like theirs is the only one.

Last edited:
They are wack! Compared to the shape of the OGs, they are wack man. These new ones are just better and that’s mainly because they’re shaped and built like the OG. So I’m sorry to break it to you but yes, you as well as all of us have been duped on the shape of the AM 90 for all these years up until now. It’s sucks. Yes, it hurts. We spent our money. We enjoyed them for what they were but they are just inferior now. I know you don’t want to hear that being the “desciple” that you are but you gotta move on and accept it for what it is instead of twisting yourself into to pretzels trying to explain to us that these pairs were all purchasing (directly from Nike in most cases) are actually fakes. I’m not telling you to throw your old ‘90s away or anything (I’m certainly not) but the truth is truth. It is what it is.

I am. Yall need to throw those old baseball dad cut 90s in the ****ing trash. Have some goddamned self respect ffs

Its not the design or designers that have any fault in the grand scheme of things, but rather the production side of things. I appreciate the effort in Oregon, but the execution and effort from the factory leave a lot to be desired.
With all these ‘ronavirus hijinks going on i hope they just cancel china altogether and move forward. At this point, between the tariffs, defect returns and viruses, its got to be more trouble than its worth to deal with them. Just cut that **** loose, wipe and flush.

If they dont bring it home, korea sounds nice.

I think a middle ground perspective is healthy. it's when people are 100% on the train "the shoe is complete trash" or "all these shoes are perfectly fine, shut up and accept them" is when it gets annoying. not to mention constantly trying to change others' opinions like theirs is the only one.
Definitley, middle ground is fine. I’m all for healthy debates too, I don’t necessarily want everyone to share my opinions one way or another. I like to argue but don’t need to change your mind in the process. But the petty name calling and instigating is for kids on the playground.

so there is absolutely NO in between? :lol:

how do you explain this?
20200227_005724.jpg

I wasn’t gonna break this down but since you insist... Those 87s were made completely different than 90s. From the mudguard to the toebox mesh and even the OGs 87 held a firmer stance and silhouette than the 90s just like the shoe in your pic suggest. So in other words, Nike got those right too! That’s all your pic really says. What you’re missing is the air max 90 was supposed to be a stripped down version of those. Made with *lighter materials and more breathable mesh which is why OG 90s had toe dents and the 87 AM did not. So nice try but no. I could never be the one to who thinks there should be a “happy medium” if it means we want Nike to NOT make their shoes mirror the OGs in every way just to satisfy/appease folks who only care or are concerned with what the shoe looks like when it’s not being worn.

Last edited:
Where does the air max 2 fit in?
I wasn’t gonna break this down but since you insist... Those 87s were made completely different than 90s. From the mudguard to the toebox mesh and even the OGs 87 held a firmer stance and silhouette than the 90s just like the shoe in your pic suggest. So in other words, Nike got those right too! That’s all your pic really says. What you’re missing is the air max 90 was supposed to be a stripped down version of those. Made with *lighter materials and more breathable mesh which is why OG 90s had toe dents and the 87 AM did not. So nice try but no. I could never be the one to who thinks there should be a “happy medium” if it means we want Nike to NOT make their shoes mirror the OGs in every way just to satisfy/appease folks who only care or are concerned with what the shoe looks like when it’s not being worn.

Back
Top Bottom