The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

GS
CD6864-113

XXXX - CD6864-113 - 101.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 102.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 103.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 104.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 105.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 106.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 108.png XXXX - CD6864-113 - 111.png

I just got my pair of Griffeys in and in hand I totally understand why some people are turned off by them. I thought that the toebox and area around the heel was a different material (one that if water was to drop on it, it would roll right off). The use of this cotton material (maybe it is a nod to the material of a baseball jersey?) definitely makes the sneaker "sensitive" in that just touching it with your fingers with its natural oils and dust particles/pollution will make it dingy, but it is not enough for me to return them. I will spray dirt/stain repellent on them and I also have enough Oxi Clean MaxForce spray to get them back to bright white if the repellent spray does not work.

I just got my pair of Griffeys in and in hand I totally understand why some people are turned off by them. I thought that the toebox and area around the heel was a different material (one that if water was to drop on it, it would roll right off). The use of this cotton material (maybe it is a nod to the material of a baseball jersey?) definitely makes the sneaker "sensitive" in that just touching it with your fingers with its natural oils and dust particles/pollution will make it dingy, but it is not enough for me to return them. I will spray dirt/stain repellent on them and I also have enough Oxi Clean MaxForce spray to get them back to bright white if the repellent spray does not work.
I think you're right that the material is a nod to baseball jerseys.

Finally got these in hand. Obviously inspired by ACG colorways and the references below. I’m really impressed with the perforated leather. It’s softer than I’d imagined.

View attachment 2818000

Inspired by:

2CCC3CE9-806C-4FBE-9A2D-DAA0FC31533B.jpeg

and

FAEC4455-D060-476E-8A2E-329DDF6A465C.jpeg
Nice NBY 90 and I want Mowabb 2 to come back also…. BTW, seems like EOIs finally made it to the sales rack on NDC-JP. Still costs like $117+ tho.
1C60D2A7-97DF-44FF-A6F4-D03A3B4D76AE.jpeg

Size UK has the Dark Driftwoods on their site, but I do not feel like spending almost $200 for them after the GBP price conversion.

(keep saying to myself that I must be patient)

Are they some kind of limited to the certain account only or something? Have been waiting for them to show up on NDC-JP so that I can use my BDay code on them, but they never become available. Other than Atmos, no one has it locally somehow…

My overall opinion on the Griffey AM90 is that it's a fire shoe but there could've been more done to make it a "Griffey" shoe. Like without that Griffey patch on the tongue it could pass for any random GR colorway. The baseball stitching was a cool touch but to only put it in such a tiny part of the shoe seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Also, everyone relates Griffey to the Mariners colors so would've liked to see more use of the freshwater/teal than just that part on the heel.

Back
Top Bottom