The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I'm just waiting patiently for these blue snakes(dusty cactus) and paisleys to hit the states
nerd.gif
Bro I will tell u this, my snakes just came in from Hanon. I dont really ever get excited about a shoe when i get it but holy **** the quality of these snakes is so damn lovely!! Leather is like Tillamook butter soft and even the damn laces are nice quality and made me hesitant to swap with the blk w/ infrared tip set i bought for them haha. They ended up being $165 shipped. As of now i think they have 10.5 as biggest. Theyre worth the extra $35 above retail. 

So did Nike just randomly pushed back the release date of the Infrareds? All these stores are claiming that they are releasing on the 28th now. smh

Was at house of hoops MOA last night and they said the still releasing this Sat. Wish I was still there this weekend to get a pair.

I'm of going to call my local FTL in the morning.

Just scooped up a pair of the Infrared 90's @ Finish Line. Got a pair of DS 2010's to compare them to as well. I can readily see the toe mesh is different. Will do a side by side when I get settled in @ home.

Beware. My photo game isn't that nice.

Bro I will tell u this, my snakes just came in from Hanon. I dont really ever get excited about a shoe when i get it but holy **** the quality of these snakes is so damn lovely!! Leather is like Tillamook butter soft and even the damn laces are nice quality and made me hesitant to swap with the blk w/ infrared tip set i bought for them haha. They ended up being $165 shipped. As of now i think they have 10.5 as biggest. Theyre worth the extra $35 above retail. 

Does it have a leather lining like the corks?

Edit: no it does not :lol:

Last edited:
my shop got both men's and GS sizes and they're releasing this Saturday. if you're in or around the Pasadena area, hit up neo39. it's FCFS.

the leather on the GS is really shiny for some reason. wish they used the same material as the men's. passing on GS.

Mens is different.

Not supposed to be mesh on the kids pair. Mesh dont last with kids...

Good to hear. I'll be grabbing a pair on RD to throw on the closet next to my 2010s. Hoping there's some shops that actually release them this weekend. Would love to take care of it with my de las so I can just move onto chicagos

He prolly meant in store....
I think ima pass on the inf unless they pop up at the outlet....
Pissed i missed out on the iridescent 2

View media item 1534508
2010 boxing on the left, 2015 boxing on the right. As you might be able to notice after blowing up the pic, I got my 2010 DS pair from a outlet for $59.99

View media item 1534510
2010 on the left, 2015 on the right. The immediate noticeable difference is the mesh.

View media item 1534511
Up close shot of the mesh.

View media item 1534512
2010 on the left, 2015 on the right w/flash.

View media item 1534513
2010 on the left, 2015 on the right wo/ flash.

View media item 1534514
Up close shot of the toe mesh w/flash.

View media item 1534515
Insole shot with flash.

View media item 1534516
Insole shot without flash.

View media item 1534517
Heel shot without flash. 2010 on left, 2015 on right.

View media item 1534518
Up close heel shot with flash. This shot gives an idea of the subtle infrared difference.
2010 on the left, 2015 on the right.

View media item 1534519
Inside view without flash. The shade of grey Swoosh on the 2015 pair (right) is slightly darker on the 2015 pair.

View media item 1534521
Inside view with flash.

View media item 1534522
Bottom view. The color of the infrared is distinguishable to the trained eye.

View media item 1534523
Mud guard texture on the 2015 pair. Has a Members Only leather jacket vibe to it. Also notice the frayed cut around the "Air Max" logo.

View media item 1534524
2010 mud guard view. I like the cleaner cut around the logo better on this pair.

View media item 1534525
Up close 2010.

View media item 1534526
Up close 2015.

View media item 1534527
Only shot where the 2015 pair is on the left. Infrared color darker and glossier on the 2015 pair.

Final Thoughts

As always the differences are subtle. May be a little too extreme for some but at the end of the day it's an Infrared 90. I have no complaints but would I pay $120 for another pair? Probably not. If I can catch some pairs under $100 I probably would. With that being said, these will be placed at the end of the Infrared 90 rotation and will be worn proudly when that time comes. Peace NT Fam!!!

View media item 1534528
Big fan of this shoe so it's hard for me to be harsh on it. Might be one of my top 3 sneakers of all-time. Always like to keep a fresh pair of these on deck. Even the beaters get love depending on the occasion.

Last edited:
Ill tell you what they did, they found cheaper materials and manufacturing techniques and then charge us $20 more.

Thats what they did.

Mesh is junk.

Wont be buying this years for me. Will grab for a friend though.

Has anyone seen the AM90 Liberty's on foot? I know its a women's shoe but I was thinking of coping them anyway. Just wondering if anyone has already got them and what they think?

Will these Infareds be limited? Been wanting a pair & I'm hella late, just found out they coming out Sat.

Did anyone just get a notification on the SNKRS app that the AM 90 Infrared will release on the app?

I clicked out of it before I read the whole thing

Back
Top Bottom