THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

I actually like that LCV you posted tho.
Id personally prefer some more traditional styling combined with the new tech, but thats a nice looking white golf shoe that looks doable for pants or shorts

I still play in TW'14s lol. 

They are the perfect middle of the road shoe, not too traditional and not to space age or sneaker looking. 

Cant wait to see what the TW'17s look like. 

well i hope you like weird pointless strappy things, cuz the 17 is gonna be covered in them

I want that vest he has on 
smokin.gif

Is that them? Sometimes they wear prototypes. 

I need to find some more detailed images of them. Sorta has a KD4 kind of vibe.

You guys into Nike apparel?

I know they doing a lot with Tech Knit this year. Ill find a few collection pieces. 

^ Really nice, but too expensive for my tastes. I'm not dropping $75+ for a shirt I'm gonna sweat my *** off in and get dirty on a consistent basis :lol:. I sometimes catch some deals on Nike Golf clothes at Ross. Their pullovers are the best, bar none, but I rarely see those on sale. For the most part I cop Under Armour golf shirts at their outlets. Usually get em for around $30 a pop.

Tech Knit sounds interesting though, although I know the price will be jacked up for that gear too.

Last edited:
PSA - Check NDC. Nike has heavily discounted all clubs and balls. It was posted in the general golf thread but not here.

I just ordered an Origin B1-01 putter for $150.

The Engage Wedges are an absolute steal at $80.

RZN Tour Platinum Balls are also a good deal at $30 but I held off on grabbing any of those. Recycled BStone B330 for 4 bucks a dozen is all I'm playing for the forseeable future.

Looks like most Iron sets are down to $4-$600.

For some reason I couldn't get any drivers/woods/hybrids to load. Either sold out or Nike pulled the inventory.

Last edited:
good looks on the deals stick stick

I want that vest he has on :smokin .

Is that them? Sometimes they wear prototypes. 

I need to find some more detailed images of them. Sorta has a KD4 kind of vibe.

Ya, a lot of the Ryder Cup gear was nice this year, RL did a good job. Not sure if that vest made it to retail

Definitely possibly that those are just prototypes or something else entirely, especially since no true TW has dropped recently and Tiger won't be playing anytime soon anyway

PSA - Check NDC. Nike has heavily discounted all clubs and balls. It was posted in the general golf thread but not here.

I just ordered an Origin B1-01 putter for $150.

The Engage Wedges are an absolute steal at $80.

RZN Tour Platinum Balls are also a good deal at $30 but I held off on grabbing any of those. Recycled BStone B330 for 4 bucks a dozen is all I'm playing for the forseeable future.

Looks like most Iron sets are down to $4-$600.

For some reason I couldn't get any drivers/woods/hybrids to load. Either sold out or Nike pulled the inventory.
Theres a golf thread. Link me please 
happy.gif

good looks on the deals @Nickthestick91
Ya, a lot of the Ryder Cup gear was nice this year, RL did a good job. Not sure if that vest made it to retail

Definitely possibly that those are just prototypes or something else entirely, especially since no true TW has dropped recently and Tiger won't be playing anytime soon anyway
RL makes some the best colors I only got one Polo that I got from a outing at Wingfoot. Makes me feel like a million bucks when I wear it.

I found some pics from getty but yeah not sure I like the straps. 

^ They just dropped the prices. It's not advertised as a sale or a discount. The prices you see listed for the golf clubs are significantly lower than the suggested retail.

I didn't notice there was a golf thread on here till now. i only found it cause i was looking for info on Jordan golf shoes.

now i have to decide if i want to search for Jordan trainer st cleats or wait for the black XI's to drop. at least it's the off season and i don't need to buy right this second (although the trainer st's are getting harder to find the more i wait...). there is a nice amount of golf simulator/indoor golf places around here that make it a year round sport though.

i had been using some hand me down clubs for the last 10 years or so. after buying my friends nice set of irons earlier this year the bug for all new clubs to go with them bit me. i have been replacing the other old clubs one at a time as budget allows. i almost have the bag where i want it.

in the bag currently is-

- Callaway Big Bertha Fusion driver with the shorter 44.5" shaft

- Callaway Fusion 3 fairway

- Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrid 3 and 4

- Callaway Diablo Edge irons

- Cleveland RTX 588 54 and RTX-3 58 wedges

- Odyssey Works Versa V-line putter w/superstroke grip

all (except the putter) i regripped to Golf Pride new decade red/black grips.

i mostly use Callaway Chrome Soft balls or Nike Mojo (while i can still find the Mojo's anways) PGA store has 24 packs of Mojo's for 19.99 right now which is a killer deal.

Last edited:

i actually found that thread too and had both pages open. wrote the reply on the wrong one. lmao. oh well. i'll throw a post over there too i guess.
Its all good, both threads are used for golf talk. 

Super weird looking. Seems like a pants-only kinda design. But I sort of dig em too

But Im definitely glad that they are at least moving the TW model away from the sneaker look, and back to a kind of formal/saddle shoe design
Too many Nike spikes just look like cross-trainers now

True that. I loved the first TW with the Free design, but they're going too far with some designs. Agree that these would look better with pants, but would have to see the white ones in person.

This thread is basically dead now but just wanted to say that I bought the Vapor Pro irons, the Method Origin B2-01 putter, and the limited edition Vapor Speed TW Driver. Anxious to try em all out. Anyone else have a nice club setup?

Im still rocking with a set of TaylorMade Irons. Few years old at this point but Im very comfortable with them, and I'm not a new set every year kinda guy

My only new club this season I added a new 56 degree Titleist Vokey wedge.
Beautiful club, amazing performance out of traps. Im still getting used to how high the loft is around the green tho.
I dunno how people use the 60 degree. Even the 56 produces such a flop shot Im still landing short cuz Im not used to how hard I still need to hit even from just a few yards out

Im thinking of going with a new driver next spring, but I wasn't that impressed after demo-ing the TaylorMade M2 in the summer. Couple other clubs I tried didn't win me over either so I may stick with my same old for now

Back
Top Bottom