THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

^, very surprised by your statement on the Taylormade M2 driver, I heard nothing but great things. I need a new new wedge so I will try to demo the one you mentioned.

^, very surprised by your statement on the Taylormade M2 driver, I heard nothing but great things. I need a new new wedge so I will try to demo the one you mentioned.

Oh dont get me wrong, Im not panning it, maybe "unimpressed" was the wrong term. I heard nothing but great reviews all summer too
But when i demoed it, I didn't really feel any appreciable improvement in distance or control. I realize no club is a miracle fix, but I wasn't in the mood to change drivers unless I was blown away by the upgrade

Highly recommend the Titleist Vokey wedges. Pretty much cant choose wrong, and they have tons of degree/bounce/sole options

Yeah Vokeys are awesome. Like you said there's so many options so they can fit almost anyone's game. Those Mizuno T7 wedges look pretty nice too. Not as many bounce/sole options but a ton of degrees available.

I'm playing Engages right now and don't see myself switching anytime soon. Hopefully they're still available on the secondary market when I need a new set. I should've grabbed a set on NDC when they were $70 each :\.

Last edited:
I went to my local PGA Superstore to get my clubs re-gripped and decided to get fitted for a new driver just for the hell of it. Even brought my 915D2 to compare. Ultimately, I was matched with the M2. Easily was hitting 15-20 yards more than my Titleist. By no means am I a Taylormade fanboy but that thing rips golfballs and will probably be my next driver once the price drops with the 2017 model coming out. 

Last edited:
I went to my local PGA Superstore to get my clubs re-gripped and decided to get fitted for a new driver just for the hell of it. Even brought my 915D2 to compare. Ultimately, I was matched with the M2. Easily was hitting 15-20 yards more than my Titleist. By no means am I a Taylormade fanboy but that thing rips golfballs and will probably be my next driver once the price drops with the 2017 model coming out. 

Glad to hear you liked it. That extra 15 was what I was looking for too. I tend to have a controlled, but underpowered, drive anyway, so Im sure its largely my own technique that prevents me from unlocking those extra yards. Ill be looking forward to demoing the next M driver next spring tho

stick stick How many wedges you keep in your bag?

Glad to hear you liked it. That extra 15 was what I was looking for too. I tend to have a controlled, but underpowered, drive anyway, so Im sure its largely my own technique that prevents me from unlocking those extra yards. Ill be looking forward to demoing the next M driver next spring tho

stick stick How many wedges you keep in your bag?
Four total.

My PW (46*), and then a 50*, 56*, 60*. I've tried cutting it down to three and rolling with my PW, a 52* and a 58* but it just doesn't work for my game. I like the options :lol:. You?

Last edited:
I use just three, PW-45, AW-50, and 56, and I already hardly use my 9 iron

I can't even imagine the 60, cause its still taking me a while to get comfortable with the 56, but I can see the light down the road.
Having those high degrees definitely changes how I approach just off the green, but i think it'll be a while before I add on a 58-60 :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have an Engage wedge on order from eBay but I will try the Vokey ones as well.

Jordan 1 looks like its gonna drop as a golf shoe

This would be too crazy looking for me even if it was a low, but the full high-top is nuts. Not really course appropriate IMO, but to each his own haha

View media item 2282020

I hope the doesn't delay or replace the XI tho, that should be JB's golf priority

This would be too crazy looking for me even if it was a low, but the full high-top is nuts. Not really course appropriate IMO, but to each his own haha

I hope the doesn't delay or replace the XI tho, that should be JB's golf priority
They need to stop with the hybrid sneaker golf shoe. 

Cant wait for the Hyperadapt version 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

These were probably my fav golf shoes as far as comfort

but TW'14 have the best combo of comfort and locking my foot inplace. 

Footjoys had I had to constantly keep retying my shoes through out my round. 

Those AJ1s are awesome. I'd never wear them but they're cool as hell.

Those Gimmes don't look too bad though. Kinda like a Presto.

Gimmes seem like a range shoe. Cant really picture them getting use on the course, but they do look comfy

View media item 2282020

I kinda' like these but these wouldnt look good with slacks or dress pants. Could only wear with shorts. on the green.

With the signing of Jason Day, I'm curious to see if Nike develops a signature golf shoe for him. They never did for Rory, but Day is a fan favorite and the current World #1, so it may be worth the marketing for them.

With the signing of Jason Day, I'm curious to see if Nike develops a signature golf shoe for him. They never did for Rory, but Day is a fan favorite and the current World #1, so it may be worth the marketing for them.

Id love to see that, Day has been my favorite golfer of the past 4-5 years.
But Rory, partly thanks to Nike, has a higher profile and even he didn't get a sig shoe.
Cant imagine Nike will create a sig line for the newcomer, but maybe this new era of "no clubs, only clothes" will lead to more shoe styles

I doubt it.

International players have very little connection to the US. even though most have a place in the US.

Golf has really gone back to an elitist sport; gen pop lost interest when Tiger fell off. 

I think youll see a new design but not signature. At least I havent seen anything planned for this year 

TW is probably the only they will invest in in-terms of signature shoes and thats probably due to his contract. 

This one?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/hyperadapt-carry-golf-bag/pid-11142830/pgid-11916985

Looks awesome but I can't comment on it :lol:. Would've been great to grab with a clearance code from last week. I have a cart bag and it sucks when I have to walk with it. So heavy and cumbersome.

yeah..was it 120 last week? I went ahead and order it, probably wont use right away so gonna watch the price. This was the last bag nike came out with and for 120 its not bad at all specially for the type of bag.

This one?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/hyperadapt-carry-golf-bag/pid-11142830/pgid-11916985

Looks awesome but I can't comment on it :lol:. Would've been great to grab with a clearance code from last week. I have a cart bag and it sucks when I have to walk with it. So heavy and cumbersome.

yeah..was it 120 last week? I went ahead and order it, probably wont use right away so gonna watch the price. This was the last bag nike came out with and for 120 its not bad at all specially for the type of bag.
I'm not sure if it was $120 while they had the clearance sale, I just assumed.

Let us know how if is after you get a few rounds in with it :nerd:.

Back
Top Bottom