THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

Transitioning out of flag football to golf. Love the challenge so far and it is also great for my job as well.

As a beginner, and this is a footwear board what kind of shoe would yall recommend? I was looking at the Jordan ADG as a spike less option and going through the last couple of pages it looks like there is a mix between spike less or spikes.

Appreciate all the help!

I feel it’s just personal preference, I like spikes more than spike less shoes. But if I have to wear a spikeless shoe, no complaints from me.

But as of late, I have been sticking with a spiked shoe.

Transitioning out of flag football to golf. Love the challenge so far and it is also great for my job as well.

As a beginner, and this is a footwear board what kind of shoe would yall recommend? I was looking at the Jordan ADG as a spike less option and going through the last couple of pages it looks like there is a mix between spike less or spikes.

Appreciate all the help!
Yeah it's personal preference. I like spikeless better just because they're consistent. Spikes will be very grippy for a few rounds but they wear down quick.

Appreciate all the help!

I just took up golf this summer as well. Was a little unsure of spikeless but went with the Air Max 1G. I get plenty of traction with them. they're great.

Appreciate all the help!
I like spikeless cause the options are better.

Just scooped these for a good deal on GOAT
IMG_3918.jpg

Thanks for the input! Looks like I’ll go spike less for right now and keep my eye out at my local Ross’s for spike options.

Safari look great feel awful. Go with AM90 if you can find it. Zoom all day. For that reason I would bet the ADG is super comfortable.

Safari look great feel awful. Go with AM90 if you can find it. Zoom all day. For that reason I would bet the ADG is super comfortable.

The two things I dislike about the zoom 90s is the shoe is super hard for me to get on, but once on feels great. the opening is just an odd shape for my foot I guess. Personal preference but also I find the spikeless design to be very slippery. Probably a flaw in my swing too.

Meh. I was afraid I'd be tempted to grab another pair of golf shoes this week but I'm not really feeling that. I also don't get the reflective inspiration on a shoe for a sport played in daylight. I'd still like to see what the 11 will look like though.

The new Mizuno irons are fire. Looking forward to seeing some reviews and having a chance to hit them myself.

Golf bros...
I have a beginner set of Wilson clubs that I have been using for awhile. I am contemplating upgrading to new or used clubs. Is it better to buy irons, putter and a driver or do a 14 complete set?
At this rate I wouldn’t call myself a newbie but I also wouldn’t call myself a scratch either.

My personal preference is to buy used clubs, maybe not the whole 14, but definitely 9-5, 60 - PW, 3W, maybe a 4/5 hybrid?

The expanse between being a noobie and scratch is.....well...wide...
Curious if anyone here is even remotely close to single digits? Not saying no one is, but if so, how long did that take to achieve?
I'm right at the 2 year mark, and I think I can get under 20+ very soon :lol:

Now that I've said that I'm sure to be humbled the next time out.

Golf bros...
I have a beginner set of Wilson clubs that I have been using for awhile. I am contemplating upgrading to new or used clubs. Is it better to buy irons, putter and a driver or do a 14 complete set?
At this rate I wouldn’t call myself a newbie but I also wouldn’t call myself a scratch either.
It's always better to fill out your set of clubs separately. Those 14 clubs in a box deals aren't the best clubs. That said though, if you're still just a beginner then you don't need the latest and greatest clubs anyway. If you really want to upgrade I'd look into grabbing some used clubs. I like https://www.2ndswing.com/ for used clubs, I've never had a bad experience with them.

My personal preference is to buy used clubs, maybe not the whole 14, but definitely 9-5, 60 - PW, 3W, maybe a 4/5 hybrid?

Curious if anyone here is even remotely close to single digits? Not saying no one is, but if so, how long did that take to achieve?

If you could carry a separate handicap at altitude then I'd be single digits :lol:.

Roger Dunn is a great place to get clubs. They give you 90 days to try stuff out. You can exchange up to 3 times and/or get store credit. I would buy used clubs if you’re just starting, then as you improve, you can get fitted. During fittings they will get the right clubs for you.

I’m a 12 handicap. Started playing in 2016. Lucky enough to have a simulator so I can play a quick round whenever I want. Made huge improvements when I started filming my swing and watching a ton of videos on YouTube. I used to waste time hitting tons of irons on the range. But then I realized it’s all about keeping the driver in play and having good wedge shots, then try to 2 putt.

I’m a 12 handicap. Started playing in 2016. Lucky enough to have a simulator so I can play a quick round whenever I want. Made huge improvements when I started filming my swing and watching a ton of videos on YouTube. I used to waste time hitting tons of irons on the range. But then I realized it’s all about keeping the driver in play and having good wedge shots, then try to 2 putt.

Oh that's all? :lol:. jk.
You have a simulator at home? That's awesome...sort of like a dream thing to have.
I have heard reaching the teens is normal progression for 2-3 years (depending on how often rounds are played of course). Did you just improve to that next level or was it gradual? So I mean, one round you shoot a 100, then the next round you shoot 85 and consistently just in the 80-low 90s?

I get to play maybe once a month, but do range almost daily - mostly practicing driver and my range has a nice chipping area.
Mostly I go to just let off some stress and hit some.

Back
Top Bottom