THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Seems pretty simple. Generally, people are less likely to want basketball shoes as casual shoes.

Nailed it. Kobe's were very popular because they could be worn casually. More than other basketball sneakers. Kobe low with flyknit sells as a casual sneaker. The AD is not a casual sneaker. Combine that with him retiring and the line is dead.

I copped my red ones at the Nike factory store for $15 last month. No F&F, no coupons, no codes.

I didn't really get them for $15, I just wanted my humble brag to be better than yours :rofl:

shoot, if you can cop at $15, don't be humble, just brag!

There has been plenty of articles written about Nike basketball's declining sales, but here's one that I pulled up on a quick Google search.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/06/what-the-hell-happened-to-nike-basketball

For the insiders paying attention, a report came out that said Foot Locker was having trouble selling Durant and James’s sneakers. "Primary losses came in LeBron and KD product, a challenge which we've been addressing with our partners at Nike," the retailer's CEO, **** Johnson, revealed on an earnings call.

We're discussing Kobe because this is the AD thread, but my point since it may or may not be clear is that the decline (or falling off) of basketball shoes isn't something that's exclusive to the Kobe line. That's just the new norm, for a variety of reasons.

Are these still $99 at ftl? Hv they added the igloo, triple blck or all purple pair to the sale yet? Shud b soon i hope!!!

FTL raised prices this weekend....

AD’s previously $99 now $129
AD NXT’s previously $119 now $129

Also of note, LBJ 14’s marked up $10 to $109

Weak.

I think Nike basketball sales are down across the board, not just the kobe line. Nike got greedy and thought because people were reselling for $200+ that people would buy from them for that price.

The AD should be $120 max, considering the tech it has compared to other Nike basketball sigs.

You get full zoom/flynit with the KDs for $150...

I think Nike basketball sales are down across the board, not just the kobe line. Nike got greedy and thought because people were reselling for $200+ that people would buy from them for that price.

The AD should be $120 max, considering the tech it has compared to other Nike basketball sigs.

You get full zoom/flynit with the KDs for $150...
I get what you're saying, about the greed and comparison to the KD in terms of pricing, but I didn't have a problem with the price of the A.D. when one brings up the tech involved and how that shoe performed as the next generation of the X (EM, first edition of the low, etc.) It fixed a lot of things that weren't horrible about the X but definitely needed improvements. The upper is softer and breaks in much faster. The external heel tab feels like it will keep the heel Zoom Air from deflating. And overall this shoe responds and feels like the X, which I loved playing in, aside from that damn deflating Air. MSRP of $160 vs. $180 for better performance? Yup. I had no problem with that.

FTL raised prices this weekend....

AD’s previously $99 now $129
AD NXT’s previously $119 now $129

Also of note, LBJ 14’s marked up $10 to $109

Weak.
Thats stupid!! Smh shoes not sellin at $99 so lets raise the prices higher!! Smh

the link leads to the white n gold kobe A.D.

That's the link I got when I'm on the Igloo page but it changes to white and gold when you click it for some reason so click on the green banner on their website and find the shoe if you have not figured it out yet

Looking to get my first pair of AD.
Are these hitting discount yet?
I'm in Europe and so far I'm torn between paying £125 for Igloo or getting Uni Red for £80!

Can't see Purple Stardust anywhere did they release over here in UK?

From the drew.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170813-165504.png
    Screenshot_20170813-165504.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
Not feeling them just based on the colorway. Opinion may change later though :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom