THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I have read from a lot of people that ADs are performance beasts once broken in? A lot of people say traction is good too. Is this true? A few youtube reviews turned me off but given the sales I may use them for pure performance.

I have read from a lot of people that ADs are performance beasts once broken in? A lot of people say traction is good too. Is this true? A few youtube reviews turned me off but given the sales I may use them for pure performance.
Dude you can't let me turn you off, different uses, different feet, different levels of comfort. Too many variables to contend with when spending your money.

Too much talking about why this shoe is sitting and not enough about when they will drop in price so they will sit no longer.

Too much talking about why this shoe is sitting and not enough about when they will drop in price so they will sit no longer.

Seen them for $79. Not including any pts program or anything. Don't think they're going to go much lower. I've seen some pairs go really low on hash walls, but if there's a lot of volume out there like it seems. I wouldn't be shocked if any lower than $59 they wind-up being donated to 3rd world places or recycled.

Ross is going to have a ton of the AD's lol. The pair I actually want to double up on is the blk/white pair that came out at the beginning the line.

Got my first run in tonight wearing the NXT's...

Seriously...it feels like Nike took the Kobe 11, gave it the AD's traction, kept the same fit but made the toebox slightly more narrow then added a shroud/weird lacing system. Didn't seem like they required any break in time, but the lacing system is kind of tricky...tried to tie them up and initially they kept coming loose. Then I tried to wrap them around the bungee cord in the back and that didn't quite work. Finally tried a double knot and that worked perfectly.

Will definitely be adding these to the rotation.

im happy for criticism as long as its constructive.

'this is shoe is whack' doesnt help anyone.

that said I like my compton pair, comfy, responsive, no traction issues, clunkier and heavier than previous models and I still prefer zoomlunar. One issue is the left shoe digs into my ankle even with double socking.

maybe old news, but saw the duck and other ADs for 99 at local FTL, all NXT still at full retail price.

people still doesnt accept the fact that Kobe is retired and thats why the Line is not doing well and its not because of the look or performance. Kobe was wearing Air max the other day, now i want those! lol
on the other hand, i will be copping those Kyrie BLs. love the Kobe and Kyrie Logo combined on the tongue

I wish Kobe would
giphy.gif

I still don't know why people big up those punches. They looked pitifully weak. Kobe didn't even react from the second one. I've seen people react more from smacks.

people still doesnt accept the fact that Kobe is retired and thats why the Line is not doing well and its not because of the look or performance. Kobe was wearing Air max the other day, now i want those! lol
on the other hand, i will be copping those Kyrie BLs. love the Kobe and Kyrie Logo combined on the tongue

Not sure if trolling here, so I’ll bite...

”The Kobe line is not doing well” -and this statement is based on what? Sales?? Posts in this thread? People you’ve seen wearing them at the mall? I seriously don’t get these type of statements other than people trying to pass opinions off as fact. Can the answer to why the line isn’t doing well be applied to any other Nike signature basketball line? I remember reading an article about how sales of basketball shoes in general are down because of the increased popularity of running/lifestyle models.

”The Kobe line is not doing well” -and this statement is based on what? Sales?? Posts in this thread? People you’ve seen wearing them at the mall? I seriously don’t get these type of statements other than people trying to pass opinions off as fact. Can the answer to why the line isn’t doing well be applied to any other Nike signature basketball line? I remember reading an article about how sales of basketball shoes in general are down because of the increased popularity of running/lifestyle models.

Is that an opinion or a fact from one writer stating the decline of the sales of basketball shoes?

This thread is at 175 pages, and the AD's run is near the home stretch. In comparison, I believe the 11 was at 200 pages near when the 11 debuted. Probably between the Achilles and Eulogy. Those are worlds apart. Hard to believe it's even the same signature line. The amount of interest around a signature GR line, and the sales of it usually run parallel.

Seen them for $79. Not including any pts program or anything. Don't think they're going to go much lower. I've seen some pairs go really low on hash walls, but if there's a lot of volume out there like it seems. I wouldn't be shocked if any lower than $59 they wind-up being donated to 3rd world places or recycled.

copped my red ones at the milpitas nike factory store for $45 last month. no F&F, no coupons, no codes.

copped my red ones at the milpitas nike factory store for $45 last month. no F&F, no coupons, no codes.

I copped my red ones at the Nike factory store for $15 last month. No F&F, no coupons, no codes.

I didn't really get them for $15, I just wanted my humble brag to be better than yours :rofl:

I think it's a factor but definitely not the only reason

I think it's a factor but definitely not the only reason

It's a huge reason that most don't think about. Once Jordan retired, the masses stopped caring about his shoes. Look at now, the masses only care about the retros. It's only the past few years people have even been mentioning the updated Jordan's, and that's mostly for playing basketball in them.

It's a huge reason that most don't think about. Once Jordan retired, the masses stopped caring about his shoes. Look at now, the masses only care about the retros. It's only the past few years people have even been mentioning the updated Jordan's, and that's mostly for playing basketball in them.
thats what im saying. HUGE factor. no one cares about the shoes because Kobe is irrelevant to NBA right now. Kobe threads were thousand of pages before because we want to know what shoes hes wearing for Christmas, mlk, against Lebron or Wade , etc. im a HUGE Kobe fan and i honestly care less about his basketball shoes now than before. but i still follow things he does and its pretty cool seeing how hes having fun with his fam after basketball. now where can i get those Airmax he was wearing? :rofl:

This thread is at 175 pages, and the AD's run is near the home stretch. In comparison, I believe the 11 was at 200 pages near when the 11 debuted. Probably between the Achilles and Eulogy. Those are worlds apart. Hard to believe it's even the same signature line. The amount of interest around a signature GR line, and the sales of it usually run parallel.

I’m looking at the first page of this forum
right now. The Kyrie 3 is also at the end of it’s run and the length of that thread isn’t far off from the length of this one. Has Kyrie’s line fallen off as well?

I like both shoes and have been a fan of both lines for a while. Too many basic colorways for both of this year’s model has left us with not really much to talk about. To some maybe that equals “falling off”, but I disagree.

Attachments

• 87AB22BB-8144-46F9-8D41-DD10A844DD24.jpeg
    87AB22BB-8144-46F9-8D41-DD10A844DD24.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 12
I’m looking at the first page of this forum
right now. The Kyrie 3 is also at the end of it’s run and the length of that thread isn’t far off from the length of this one. Has Kyrie’s line fallen off as well?

I like both shoes and have been a fan of both lines for a while. Too many basic colorways for both of this year’s model has left us with not really much to talk about. To some maybe that equals “falling off”, but I disagree.
are you really gonna compare Kobe and Kyrie much less their sig line? I did some research on the number of pages from some of Kobe threads -
Kobe V - 1295
VIII - 4241
IX - 3401
X - 1025
XI - 1492
ADs - 175

you really think Basic colorways is the reason why it went from thousands of pages to 175? its peeps lack of interest for a basketball shoe who is endorse by a person who did not play a basketball game in a year and who didn't even show up to any Laker or NBA games. I was disappointed when he didn't go to the game of the unveiling of Shaqs statue. if he showed up to the game and wore some PE ADs or even GRs... we would be talking about it and add 5-10 pages of that.

$54 today at my local factory store (w $10 survey coupon). Check your local stores. There still seemed to be many sizes sitting.

Attachments

• IMG_20170811_162321514.jpg
    IMG_20170811_162321514.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom