THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

To paraphrase a great rapper, if people want the old Hov, buy my old albums...

Some of us want new stuff. With new tech. With a new look. In new colors.

The same goes for Jordans, Lebrons, KDs....

This is why the sneaker game is 100% hype and it's gone to crap.

Dudes cry when Nike does a Fade To Black pack that most Laker and Kobe fans can't even get though.

I agree. Nike can't always please everybody.
Some complain if they think a new Kobe looks like an older Kobe talking bout they want something different.
Some complain when the new Kobe completed deviates and looks nothing like older Kobes. Say they want to continue the tradition and have it look similar.

Then some say they've seen it before. Well no sh)t. It's a small canvas, you can only do so much. But there's a Nike check, we've all seen that before too smh.

What bothers the fk out of me is those little teenie bopper kids saying they look like Kyrie I. I'm like brah, Kryie 1 look like Kobe 4 so if you see Kyrie 1 in these new Kobe A.D. then you really see Kobe 4 because Kobe 4 came b4 Kyrie 1.

I think these kicks will hold up. I am pretty sure Nike does extensive tests, etc to ensure the quality of these. The stitches showing, and partially complete and what not are all part of the actual theme "Detached" These are sick and that Mamba logo on back is fire. I wish i knew how to decipher that code on the back. Nice share bro. Thanks for that. Can't wait to hear about the reviews from the non real hoopers #sarcasm lol those guys are funny AF

I have to say I really wanted to love this pair, especially since they remind me of the 4's but im a little underwhelmed. Hopefully more colors will come out and I can love those. Hope all had better luck with them.

I have to say I really wanted to love this pair, especially since they remind me of the 4's but im a little underwhelmed. Hopefully more colors will come out and I can love those. Hope all had better luck with them.

Why are you underwhelmed? Because only 5 colors? I think they made them all one color so more teams can incorporate them with their unis. NBA, College, High Schools. They're easy to match. I'm surprised there wasn't an all black and all white (although I did see the all white with gum bottoms) those were sick.

Can someone please tell me what NDC means?

Nike Dot Com

I have to say I really wanted to love this pair, especially since they remind me of the 4's but im a little underwhelmed. Hopefully more colors will come out and I can love those.

These are the colors viewable to the eye
main-qimg-11f0977e27dcf45e876d57c4663f958e-c

These are the colors released
img_0376-jpg.1964970

What colors are you looking for? :rofl:

I have no idea wtf Nike is doing with Kobe's brand in general. I recognize that he's retired but he's a signature athlete and they really push other athlete's products over him. Kobe has the strongest imagery, branding, storytelling...and they don't do sh*t with it. I actually liked this drop with the visible spectrum line, but we can't even keep up with the names. These shoes have the same Kobe AD name, only differentiated by the color's names like "Detached" but still..it makes no sense. Looks to be a completely different shoe from the AD...down to the traction pattern. They should've stuck to numbers for the signature shoes.

FWIW, picked up my pair (purple) this afternoon from Nike Santa Monica. Rep said they still had plenty of sizes in all colors except grey.

And to echo above, I've been a little frustrated with Nike as well. Feel like Kobe's selection on their website and in local (LA) stores has been subpar since he retired.

FWIW, picked up my pair (purple) this afternoon from Nike Santa Monica. Rep said they still had plenty of sizes in all colors except grey.

And to echo above, I've been a little frustrated with Nike as well. Feel like Kobe's selection on their website and in local (LA) stores has been subpar since he retired.

Nice bro how u like em? I copped the purp too...yellow was my 2nd but the greys are are close 2nd...

Nice bro how u like em? I copped the purp too...yellow was my 2nd but the greys are are close 2nd...
I'm pretty much the same haha. Went in thinking I'd probably buy purple, but wanted to get a look at yellow and grey. Didn't care for the shade of yellow, and the grey were a little too dull in person.

Initial reaction is the shoe is a lot stiffer (particularly around the ankle) than any of his other sigs. I'm guessing they'll break in after a few games.

Does anyone know the sizing on the mamba day shirts? I'm a guy that wears an xl normally if the shirt is long enough but have to order 3xl sometime's due to length and awkward fits

Back
Top Bottom