THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I don't think this is an accurate metaphor. Kobe never produced his sneakers as "works of art". They were always mass produced by Nike and could be once again. The reason they are more expensive is because Nike limits production to artificially create high demand.
To be honest I question if they were super massed produced or was the demand "THAT" low. It's like you said nobody really wanted kobes like that. I got my Kobe 1 all stars, 81pts game, and 4's Carpe Diem for $40, and $50 respectively. tripled up on them bc they were so low! But now eveyrone sees this as a money grab. When all this first went down people buying kobe for $800-$1000.

I wouldn’t say the old kobe line was mass produced by any means. The retail store i worked at was medium volume in sales and we only got 1-2 size runs of kobes. After some time, The shoes were then put on sale and ultimately RTV’d (returned to vendor). So from my experience, then didn’t sell well at all unless it was desired cw

To be honest I question if they were super massed produced or was the demand "THAT" low. It's like you said nobody really wanted kobes like that. I got my Kobe 1 all stars, 81pts game, and 4's Carpe Diem for $40, and $50 respectively. tripled up on them bc they were so low! But now eveyrone sees this as a money grab. When all this first went down people buying kobe for $800-$1000.

I wouldn’t say the old kobe line was mass produced by any means. The retail store i worked at was medium volume in sales and we only got 1-2 size runs of kobes. After some time, The shoes were then put on sale and ultimately RTV’d (returned to vendor). So from my experience, then didn’t sell well at all unless it was desired cw
Guys, I didn't say that they were produced like Nike Blazers. They were mass produced, though, and easy to cop. No cap, I used to occasionally see Kobes on sale at Ross Dress For Less. But yes, I agree that there's a money grab now, and largely fueled by resellers... as with everything nice these days. Video game consoles, houses, cars, etc... the world has become one big resale game and it's pretty much ruined the ability to get anything that's coveted at retail price like we used to.

Guys, I didn't say that they were produced like Nike Blazers. They were mass produced, though, and easy to cop. No cap, I used to occasionally see Kobes on sale at Ross Dress For Less. But yes, I agree that there's a money grab now, and largely fueled by resellers... as with everything nice these days. Video game consoles, houses, cars, etc... the world has become one big resale game and it's pretty much ruined the ability to get anything that's coveted at retail price like we used to.
That’s exactly our point. It’s not the production numbers but the demand. And I too got a ton of Kobe’s from Ross as well

Yea the glue spots.... some worst than others. It's funny.... I made it to the fcfs that was specifically for Girl Dads at Snkrm in Jerz on my drive back up to NYC Saturday morning. And the first guy who copped(it was prob 6 fellas that were there.... not like the she shop that did similar in Texas) well he noticed the spots on his shoe and brought it to their attention... not sure if he was asking to swap for another pair or not.

I see what yall are saying about the glue stains. It looks like I’m just missing glue entirely on part of the toe. I can see these separating quickly based on this

IMG_5362.jpeg

My SNKRS pair came through yesterday, very nice in person.

Not sure I want to wear on court or casually... I know that heel counter is going to get destroyed as soon as I wear em in a game

Would you say TTS on the Kobe 4 Girl Dad or half size up? For reference, I sized up .5 on all Kobe V and VI Protros as well as the Book 1.

Don't worry man, there have been guys on here showing off their $250 sneakers on a bed that's held up by cinder blocks.

Congrats on the new place.

GirlDads came in today, my pair was pretty clean. These really aren't $190 shoes, though...Nike definitely making out like a bandit. I remember copping the Carpe Diem protros for like $110, and was able to go through multiples to get a clean pair.

Congrats on the new place.
appreciate it brother, had to work my butt off to get it 🙏

I’m moving into my first studio next week I’m also starting from scratch with no furniture gonna start off with a tv on the ground too unless I find a stand on craigslist
hey we all gotta start somewhere it’s just a process 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom