THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

The right foot. I loop it thru twice.
20170420_072047.jpg

Interesting. I'll have to mess with that. Thanks!

Haven't gotten the new joints to compare but for me the NXT is top notch when it comes to performance. Excellent lockdown, stop on a dime traction, uniquely stylish & '05 Vida Guerra booty cushioning.

LOL good one. Mmhmm mmhmm Vida Guerra/10

Nike should of made the laces shorter...
The laces were made to pull tight via the lacing system and then tucked under to provide full lockdown support

Intended tying method
1.jpg

Unintended
kobe-ad-nxt-grey-release-date-03-620x620.jpg

But at the end of the day, you can tie them however you want. Whatever works for you.

I've only had my NXTs for about a week but I find I like them pretty loose. The bootie and the general lockdown is there for the most part even with the laces loosened to about an inch out of the lock thingie. Tucking the lace in the back bungie is kind of clumsy to me. Sometimes they pop out, and for me they can a pain to get in there in the first place since I bite my nails. Thats a different story...

Tempted to get these to sport casually but summer's over now.
20170913003749_original.jpg
What does summer have to do with anything? Well unless you live where there's a crap load of snow. I would rock these in the Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter here in Texas. Anyone know release date for these?

This is how I lace my NXT's up (pics courtesy Schwollo)

I've tried both lacing methods but for whatever reason pulling the laces through the bungee cords didn't work out for me. Length was an issue, as well as having the plastic tips banging against the side of my shoe.

Attachments

• 99895B35-3189-4C0C-BED9-21F0BA78B102.jpeg
    99895B35-3189-4C0C-BED9-21F0BA78B102.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 27

I've tried both lacing methods but for whatever reason pulling the laces through the bungee cords didn't work out for me. Length was an issue, as well as having the plastic tips banging against the side of my shoe.
Yea, i think the plastic thing banging against the shoe can easily get annoying. Makes you think your shoe lace is untied. Reminds me of the Kobe X Christmas, the lace tips are so heavy that even tied, they hit the top of your foot and feel like they're untied.

What does summer have to do with anything? Well unless you live where there's a crap load of snow. I would rock these in the Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter here in Texas. Anyone know release date for these?

They're probably releasing in the "Summer".

I live in GA. 'Summer time' as in, going on vacations, outdoor activities, the weather not being in the 90's like it still is in Cali...is over. You can still dress like Kobe is all year round.

Double or triple looping into the bungie works best. Then when you need to loosen the laces to take off the shoe, you just pull the bungie and the laces automatically spin and come out of it.

Anybody know when a new colorway is dropping for the AD mids? Only color at my HoH is the dark blue with yellow tooling

My dream is that Nike announces that this was just a one off post retirement shoe with 3 forms (AD, NXT, Mid) mirroring the 3 releases of old (regular, elite, EM)

And now the line returns with the Nike Zoom Kobe XII. A drop in lunarlon midsole with heel zoom and after 3 years of research, a forefoot that bottoms out 4x slower than previous models. I want it to come in engineered mesh and retail for $140.

And simultaneously they announce the first retro. The zoom Kobe I in the 81 pts color way, retailing for $150, general release

My dream is that Nike announces that this was just a one off post retirement shoe with 3 forms (AD, NXT, Mid) mirroring the 3 releases of old (regular, elite, EM)

And now the line returns with the Nike Zoom Kobe XII. A drop in lunarlon midsole with heel zoom and after 3 years of research, a forefoot that bottoms out 4x slower than previous models. I want it to come in engineered mesh and retail for $140.

And simultaneously they announce the first retro. The zoom Kobe I in the 81 pts color way, retailing for $150, general release
Imagine if Kobe also returned next year to team up with Bron and PG13?

Bro, glad it's your dream, because i'm quite happy with all 3 of the AD models so far, and wouldn't change much, other than heel zoom to be a bit bigger in the first AD. Other than that they're perfect.
But, I do like your last comment on the retros, especially as GR. But it wont happen. Kobe has emphasized he's all about technology and innovation, advancing and not going backwards. Maybe they could do retros but enhance them with newer tech. Now that my friend would be a big improvement on Kobe retros.

I know everybody is waiting on retros to re release but u can find some good deals on eBay, stock x, and so on! I love the low top A.D.s, its my favorite hooping shoe ever! I'm up too 15 pairs, 10 ids and 5 GR

Bro, glad it's your dream, because i'm quite happy with all 3 of the AD models so far, and wouldn't change much, other than heel zoom to be a bit bigger in the first AD. Other than that they're perfect.
But, I do like your last comment on the retros, especially as GR. But it wont happen. Kobe has emphasized he's all about technology and innovation, advancing and not going backwards. Maybe they could do retros but enhance them with newer tech. Now that my friend would be a big improvement on Kobe retros.

In one form or another, there will definitely be retros if profitable. Nike has never seemed to be one to leave $ on the table. If they can even make a buck off doing a retro of something like a Talaira, it gets done.

Back
Top Bottom