THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

i miss the days when whoever made the initial thread, updated page / post 1 with all the release dates / dope shots of them :frown:

It was good and well until the site changed over. Lost all the pictures so I just kept it simple lol.

Saw the black/gum and not sure the upper is straight black or the nubuck gives it a brown hue to it. Might be just me?

Screenshot_2017-11-06-13-27-43-1.png

Derozan

I just wonder who would sell more, Giannis or Kobe today. That's something Nike has to decide.

I still think they could offer a different basketball segment. Instead of just a hyper dunk geared model, why not have a Kobe and Lebron a long with it as another basketball option for players.

Do you realize that Kobe's shoes are still the most worn by all NBA, college and high school players? The PG's seem to be the second most worn right now. Maybe Nike should realize that there's only a small crowd that want the big bulky LeBrons and try to make more of their signature shoes into lightweight lows.

thats why nike needs to retro the IV/V/VI
those are easily the best on court performance shoes, ever.

I agree on the 4, 5 but not so much the 6. I would add 9's 10's, 11's, AD and AD NXT. I haven't tested the AD MID yet. Worn them but haven't hooped in them yet.

And the 8's for sure
I used to like the 8's but after wearing other Kobe's after the 8's I realized they arent that great to me anymore, but still nice.

Do you realize that Kobe's shoes are still the most worn by all NBA, college and high school players? The PG's seem to be the second most worn right now. Maybe Nike should realize that there's only a small crowd that want the big bulky LeBrons and try to make more of their signature shoes into lightweight lows.

I realize that, it's common knowledge. But that isn't getting Nike any money. They're getting them free.

They want the public to buy them.

I realize that, it's common knowledge. But that isn't getting Nike any money. They're getting them free.
They want the public to buy them.

Having the majority of NBA players wearing Kobe's is making them money because kids idolize and follow these stars and still want to be like their favorite players, so they buy the shoes that they are wearing.

Having the majority of NBA players wearing Kobe's is making them money because kids idolize and follow these stars and still want to be like their favorite players, so they buy the shoes that they are wearing.

Look at this thread. There's no interest in Kobe's. No colorways sell out or are in demand.

I wouldn’t say there’s no interest. I just think we are bombarded with so many different color ways and models now, that almost all of us have become a lot more patient than we used to be.

BFA69BED-8ECB-4A95-9568-3D3106017C6E.jpeg
They had these black/white
for $150 @ Nike factory store in Katy, Texas. Not much of sale since I got my kobe volt for $120 @ foot locker in nyc.
8EDD1371-D1B9-4760-9D98-EC7A4443D52B.jpeg

Becareful though the volt colorway get really dirty after a few sessions of wears. Gonna cop the black / white once I get a better deal for them.

Attachments

• 160EAD31-49ED-429F-B6CF-12B2F05E6784.png
    160EAD31-49ED-429F-B6CF-12B2F05E6784.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Scooped up two! Nike MLK. They were a little over $60 each

Attachments

• 20171106_163731.jpg
    20171106_163731.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 27
Nyc shows love for kobes, lebron

They only had red? Red colorway joints are ugly, but shoe are great performers so getting for $60 is a steal
They had the black but not nearly the same amount of stock. The black pair was $149.99

They literally had enough red pairs for two full slots

Last edited:
Look at this thread. There's no interest in Kobe's. No colorways sell out or are in demand.
ha ha 211 pages and no interest in Kobe's? Hmm Kobe's no longer sellout because they dont release the "hyped" colorways, the ones with big stories behind them and they only drop GR, which they over produce due to resellers. Nike can overproduce so resellers can't make much, and whatever they have left over they just sent to Outlets and the likes and still make their money.

I wouldn’t say there’s no interest. I just think we are bombarded with so many different color ways and models now, that almost all of us have become a lot more patient than we used to be.
I agree

I see LeBrons and KD's sit on the shelves more than Kobe's. PG's, Kyries and Kobe's are the most worn shoes any time I play anywhere or any time I watch a game at any level of basketball.
I see so many Lebrons collecting dust at HOH, Ross, Marshalls and especially the NFS and Outlets.

Scooped up two! Nike MLK. They were a little over $60 each
Damn, i been looking for those here in my town. I copped a pair already but I want to double up and i also want to get a pair for my daughter she loves the NXT and wants the red.

Nyc shows love for kobes, lebron
They only had red? Red colorway joints are ugly, but shoe are great performers so getting for $60 is a steal
Red are dope bro
22280158_1927948057444997_64901555752534016_n.jpg

They had the black but not nearly the same amount of stock. The black pair was $149.99
They literally had enough red pairs for two full slots
Damn where is this at? I've checked NFS here in Houston and the Outlets which neither had any of the red.
The NFS is in a very popular area so if they did they probably sold them all, and I don't live close to there. I usually go to the Outlet once or twice a week and have doubled up on the all white and the black/white. Such as steal for some perfect shoes.

Neither do lebrons or KD shoes lol

Lebron and KD threads are more active than this one.

ha ha 211 pages and no interest in Kobe's? Hmm Kobe's no longer sellout because they dont release the "hyped" colorways, the ones with big stories behind them and they only drop GR, which they over produce due to resellers. Nike can overproduce so resellers can't make much, and whatever they have left over they just sent to Outlets and the likes and still make their money.

This is a combination of both AD models. This is the most active this thread has been since the AD mid first dropped. And it's not due to a sneaker release.

Thier are intrest for both kobe and LeBron signature shoes and non-signature shoes.

In my opinion it all boils down to you as a player or person. I play alot of pick up basketball when I was living in NYC recently but not now I moved to Houston/Richmond/Katy, Texas. Still getting used to what I should call my area where i live. However both shoe line are designed and engineered around the player. Kobes shoes tend to be low profile, light weight shoes as lebron shoes are built to carry a heavy dude that needs lots of stability and support.

If you copping for ball purposes and not lifestyle you’ll know the difference and spend your money wisely.

Nike should just chill with exclusive stuff and release what the people will like and can afford or buy.

Peep this
B3304324-AA73-4455-85E5-44E434CE811B.png
Nike selling the red joints for $149 on Nike app/store

245181F9-1F59-41C0-A1B5-296F10B45589.png
The black/white pair for $119 through the app as well.

They got some funny accountants at Nike.

I know the red joints were a lot less shorter on the market than the black/white colorway.

I went to NFS in Katy Texas and only saw one box of the size 10 black/white pair. I think it’s by per request if want your size. Not sure cause I didn’t buy anything.

If can get the red pair for $60 I’ll buy it and just use them as beaters cause I really like my volt joints.

Nike is moving units of nxt but ain’t no one buying them $200 though lol.

Saw plenty of red NXTs on the hash wall in Howell, MI. They were however priced higher than both the white and black pairs that were both in the aisles. Go figure.

Thier are intrest for both kobe and LeBron signature shoes and non-signature shoes.
In my opinion it all boils down to you as a player or person. I play alot of pick up basketball when I was living in NYC recently but not now I moved to Houston/Richmond/Katy, Texas. Still getting used to what I should call my area where i live. However both shoe line are designed and engineered around the player. Kobes shoes tend to be low profile, light weight shoes as lebron shoes are built to carry a heavy dude that needs lots of stability and support.

If you copping for ball purposes and not lifestyle you’ll know the difference and spend your money wisely.

Nike should just chill with exclusive stuff and release what the people will like and can afford or buy.

Peep this
B3304324-AA73-4455-85E5-44E434CE811B.png
Nike selling the red joints for $149 on Nike app/store

245181F9-1F59-41C0-A1B5-296F10B45589.png
The black/white pair for $119 through the app as well.

They got some funny accountants at Nike.

I know the red joints were a lot less shorter on the market than the black/white colorway.

I went to NFS in Katy Texas and only saw one box of the size 10 black/white pair. I think it’s by per request if want your size. Not sure cause I didn’t buy anything.

If can get the red pair for $60 I’ll buy it and just use them as beaters cause I really like my volt joints.

Nike is moving units of nxt but ain’t no one buying them $200 though lol.
Yea that $200 price tag is only worth the price to some......but the rest of them, no one wants to buy a shoe for that much when there are so many other shoes that are not only cheaper, even tho their quality may or may not be as good.
Welcome to Texas. I live in Houston/Humble. Been trying to get out that way to Katy but i'm sure you know how far that is from Humble lol but i've been meaning to go see if they had the red joints since i wanna double up and cop a pair for my daughter. Only time I pass through that way is when we're on the way to San Antonio for a basketball tournament for my son lol
If you happen to go by there again and see some do let me know please.

Back
Top Bottom