THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Happens with every release, the reactions to the XI's were epic.
Been buying/wearing/collecting Kobes since the change from Adi.  What you're saying has always been true with me personally.  But a week or so later, I've always starting warming up to the new model.

Not these.  I actually dislike them more than when I first saw them last week.  First time that's happened in 10 years.

they just don't look like a signature line.. more like an old training shoe i can find for 50 bucks at an outlet

This has been said every single year that I've been on this forum, whether it's lebrons, kobes or kds

Last edited:
Last few brons...if u like em or not...DEFINITELY dont look like an average looking plain shoe.

Last few brons...if u like em or not...DEFINITELY dont look like an average looking plain shoe.

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying every year there are always a few people who say the shoes are plain.

What defines a plain shoe anyways? It's all subjective.

Lebron 11...12...13

I dont ever recall a person saying

"These are plain" lol

These shoes here...imagine an all white cw... plain looking sneakers.

Look at the lebron 13.....imagine an all white cw....definitely not plain looking sneakers.

The design and not the cw can make a sneaker unique.

Alot of kobes bank on cws. These are really nothing new...first time i saw these i thought they were a takedown model.

Colors and fans will propel this shoe tho.

Last edited:
Kobe 1 > Zoom Generation
Kobe 2 > LeBron 2
Kobe 3 LeBron 4
Kobe 5 >>>>> LeBron 5
Kobe 6 > LeBron 6
Kobe 7 = LeBron 7
Kobe 8 = LeBron 8
Kobe 9 > LeBron 9
Kobe 10 LeBron 12

IMO, of course.

Performance or design

Because imo lebron 4 is far superior to kobe 4

For example think about what u would say if someone said "what do you like about this sneaker?"

Performance wise i would think kobes have the edge but ive only balled in 4s

design wise

imho

kobe 1 > lebron 1
kobe 2 lebron 3 slightly..i love the lebron 3 but the kobe 3 is a great unique design
kobe 4 lebron 5 no brainer
kobe 6 = lebron 6 color ways helped both these a lot
kobe 7 lebron 9
kobe 10 > lebron 10 this is very much subjective though because they're so different
kobe 11 cannot touch the kings pride 11 design wise.
these also cannot touch the lebron 12 design wise

after the 3, all of the kobes have a kind of similar shape, except the high top 9s, and the design and shape makes them really great for unique color ways, which of course was capitalized on ,

Kobe 1 > Zoom Generation
Kobe 2 > LeBron 2
Kobe 3 <<<<< LeBron 3
Kobe 4 > LeBron 4
Kobe 5 >>>>> LeBron 5
Kobe 6 > LeBron 6
Kobe 7 = LeBron 7
Kobe 8 = LeBron 8
Kobe 9 > LeBron 9
Kobe 10 < LeBron 10
LeBron 11 = Kobe 11
Kobe AD > LeBron 12

IMO, of course.
Kobe 8 and Lebron 8 are my two favorite models of all time. I'd say they're = too.

Lebron 2 is probably my favorite Lebrons ever, I'd say that looks way better than the 2.

When you look at a debut shoe like the 11 Masterpiece, and compare it to this debut AD, it's pretty bad.  I thought the Kobe 10 debut shoe, those 5AMs were underwhelming.  These even more so.  Usually a week or so after a leaked pic or whatever of a debut Kobe, it starts to grow on me.  These aren't doing anything at all for me a week later.  If it wasn't a Kobe, I would think it was payless sneaker.   Especially with that gimmicky heel plate.  Plain looking + fact that he'll have never worn these in game; these may be a real dud.

Last edited:
I love black and white shoes so those new promotional pics actually sold me even more.

I want to wait and buy it on sale but I waited for the Fundamental Xs too and that sold out pretty quick.

Really hoping the hate on these stays, would love get a pair in the outlets 3-4 months from now.

Alright, my list. IMO:
Kobe 1> LeBron 1
Kobe 2 LeBron 4
Kobe 5>>> LeBron 5
Kobe 6>>>>>> LeBron 6
Kobe 7 LeBron 9, but it's pretty close
Kobe 10>> LeBron 11
Kobe AD > LeBron 12, but only by a little

My list

Jordan 1-12>

smokin.gif

Back