THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

gwizzle gwizzle I don't know about all that. I have no problem hooping in regular socks or hanes socks on all my other shoes.

I've played in elite socks before, they're nice and padded, but I no longer like wearing them because it has too many designs and I prefer the clean unbranded look now (in terms of socks).

Damn so you're abandoning them? I'm still on the fence. I played well in them and they felt good minus that pain. Not sure if it'll soften up or break in after a few sessions, but man that pain is real. I kind of feel it right now, but that's because the damage is done already and my toes are freshly injured and not healed yet. Svi been hooping in them in the SL for the Lakers tho...

I think the socks did play a role, but damn you should be able to play in any socks imo, right? And like kaleien34 said, the containment is good. I wished they used a different material for the toebox, but being that thin and see through I can see why they chose that material. Regular flyknit that thin would rip with the quickness....

I’ll try them again if a nice enough colorway comes out. That pinch was real though.

dunks318ti dunks318ti no offense but do you have fat feet?

I've put in over 20 hours of playing time in these already on court and experienced no issue with the flyknit rubbing against my feet while creasing.

After a month playing in my black pair, I love these. My feet dont hurt compared to when I play in Kyries. I love how lightweight and breathable they are. The only negative for me is I have to pull really hard on the laces to get a good lockdown.

Have you tried spraying it with that crepe protect stuff?

Nope. Too late anyway bruh.

These Kobe A.D. NXT 360 seems like a one pair only buy. I'd only buy a pair with the intent to ball in. There is no need for more than one colorway to be honest. I don't see myself buying another pair down the line, i'll just beat these up in league games and call it a day.

Interesting to read on everyone's experiences with these. Wanted to share some of my own:

Like another user mentioned here, I'm having a hard time tying the shoes. I'm pulling the laces very tight, but in the end I can only get a small shoelace knot. Anyone else experiencing this? I've had no trouble with my Kobe 8 and 9s in the past. I'm wearing the Nike Elite socks or the Nike NBA Elite Quick, so they're decently padded.

I actually wore them to work today to try and break them in some more and let my foot get used to it (Neosporin and bandaid under the socks of course) and you can see how dirty it is after I tried cleaning them last night and once again this morning. I should have took a before pic or the right shoe because it was looking horrific after the dude stepped on them.
2zyixoo.jpg

2m33ejo.jpg

That's after one wear lol, it was game time usage though...

Yeah for sure on the socks. The run of the mill hanes socks I felt were pretty thick but I might need thicker socks or double socks. All the pics I seen nba players rocking these on court, they always double sock them or even triple sock them (but on the same note I see them do that with other shoes as well).

Me personally, the times I tried double socking, i feel like i lose connection with the shoe/court. It feels like I'm sliding or it tends to bunch/crease up on the bottom of the foot due to multiple layers causing discomfort. I don't know. I have another league game this Sunday and I'll report back again. Hopefully it's just the break in period.
Holy that looks terrible, I mean you could always open a claim on Nike and tell them your story tbh but maybe you could clean them using the Reshoevn8r laundry system/put a pillow case over em and wash them in the washer?
dunks318ti dunks318ti you went wrong w/ the hane socks homie. U gotta get some Nike elite basketball socks... they have extra padding around toe area
Forreal, I don't know how people can hoop in ordinary socks, I personally don't like the Nike elite socks cuz they suffocate/squeeze my feet for some reason but the stance nba socks are amazing (god bless that Ross sale, I'm set for years lmao).

Interesting to read on everyone's experiences with these. Wanted to share some of my own:

Like another user mentioned here, I'm having a hard time tying the shoes. I'm pulling the laces very tight, but in the end I can only get a small shoelace knot. Anyone else experiencing this? I've had no trouble with my Kobe 8 and 9s in the past. I'm wearing the Nike Elite socks or the Nike NBA Elite Quick, so they're decently padded.
I was having that issue with the yellow pair that I had, to fix that issue I started playing in them without using the very top eyelid. The laces on my infrared pair seems to have slightly longer laces.

These are the ultimate guard shoe.

Only thing lacking is a solid rubber outsole. The traction is good on clean courts, but disappears on a dusty court.

I am waiting for the next colorway to drop.

Thats a really good price if you can find a rewards coupon to put on top.

We havnt heard anything about the grey/Mc pair pair. Im debating if I should just order from SNS while they still have my size.

Thats a really good price if you can find a rewards coupon to put on top.

We havnt heard anything about the grey/Mc pair pair. Im debating if I should just order from SNS while they still have my size.

It’s prob the aug 1 pair... would cop from SNS if they had a 11.5

Thread still dead I see. Way to be doing almost nothing with this shoe, Nike. Maybe a decent colorway will come out in time for NBA opening night--three months from now. Sheesh.

Update:

2nd wear from a basketball league game. Stat line: 10 points (3 for 7 fg, 1-2 3 pt. fg, 1-1 ft), 6 rebounds, 3 ast, 1 block. Pretty lackluster performance for me, pretty disappointed in the shoes...

The toebox rubbing against the toes broke in better, but still feel the way the toebox creases irregularly. Traction was BUNNNNNNNZ. Very disappointed. This court was a little more dusty than my other league's court, but still. Traction sucked. I had to wipe a bunch of times to even get a tiny bit of sole court squeek. I switched to my Kobe 9 flyknit low ID for the 2nd half and the difference in court feel was night and day. I didn't even have to wipe the soles of the Kobe 9s and the court/sole squeek was there on every cut and change of direction.

Traction is decent only on a super clean court. On a minimally dusty court, you gonna be sliding like Wesley Johnson. I can't imagine when the actual traction knubs really wear down, smh.

The only good thing this shoe has going for it is that it's ultra lightweight and it is very breathable. Other than that these shoes are forgettable. I can see these being heavily discounted and being a struggle to sell in the present and near future.

Man I want to return these joints and I have the original receipt from NDC from the eBay seller in my name and addy, but the payment method is obviously different. I know we have 30 days to try the shoes and if we don't like it we can return it to nike, but in this case what are my options? Can I return to a nike outlet with my original nike.com receipt and request store credit or an exchange?

I know it’s not the retro thread, but I busted out my Protro’s today. (Box came busted up from foot locker)

As a head's up, I spotted those (Final Secs Protos) on sale this past weekend, along side the MPLS (reg price) at HOH. Might want to check your locals if interested. And of course the last two 360s were there as well.

Update:

2nd wear from a basketball league game. Stat line: 10 points (3 for 7 fg, 1-2 3 pt. fg, 1-1 ft), 6 rebounds, 3 ast, 1 block. Pretty lackluster performance for me, pretty disappointed in the shoes...

The toebox rubbing against the toes broke in better, but still feel the way the toebox creases irregularly. Traction was BUNNNNNNNZ. Very disappointed. This court was a little more dusty than my other league's court, but still. Traction sucked. I had to wipe a bunch of times to even get a tiny bit of sole court squeek. I switched to my Kobe 9 flyknit low ID for the 2nd half and the difference in court feel was night and day. I didn't even have to wipe the soles of the Kobe 9s and the court/sole squeek was there on every cut and change of direction.

Traction is decent only on a super clean court. On a minimally dusty court, you gonna be sliding like Wesley Johnson. I can't imagine when the actual traction knubs really wear down, smh.

The only good thing this shoe has going for it is that it's ultra lightweight and it is very breathable. Other than that these shoes are forgettable. I can see these being heavily discounted and being a struggle to sell in the present and near future.

Man I want to return these joints and I have the original receipt from NDC from the eBay seller in my name and addy, but the payment method is obviously different. I know we have 30 days to try the shoes and if we don't like it we can return it to nike, but in this case what are my options? Can I return to a nike outlet with my original nike.com receipt and request store credit or an exchange?
I'm sure you can sell em for a good price somewhere online or on fb, but yeah why not call your local Nike store up and ask them yourself?

Back
Top Bottom