THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

D043EC4C-3B12-4B50-B1FD-EA0124EE76B2.png Anybody know what these could possibly be?

New colorway :nthat:
Seems like a really basic colorway though :rolleyes
Unless Nike on their bull**** with their color descriptions and those end up being the Grey & Volt pairs.

They 1000% will probably end up being the grey/volt or some blue or green colorway or some **** that will have absolutely nothing to do with black/white/metallic silver

They 1000% will probably end up being the grey/volt or some blue or green colorway or some **** that will have absolutely nothing to do with black/white/metallic silver

Reason I bring this up is because last time they had the colors Black / White / Volt for the Infrareds :lol:. No mention of Orange.

Reason I bring this up is because last time they had the colors Black / White / Volt for the Infrareds :lol:. No mention of Orange.

Yup I spoke about that a week or two ago as well. Nike stays doing **** like that with their colorway descriptions.

My order with ol boy is still pending....I message him today and he said should be to me asap. We shalll see.

2451617C-BE33-4001-B239-4508AC1CF4E3.jpeg
My order with ol boy is still pending....I message him today and he said should be to me asap. We shalll see.

Got mine today. Same as others legit and directly from Nike Memphis.

Only worn them in my house but can already feel they are GREAT!!! Didn’t really expect such good containment with such light and thin upper.

Can’t wait to hoop in them. Only hope that they could hope up long enough.

**** wish I pulled the trigger rn, tried a pair on today and they felt so damn nice. Hoping dude pops up again under a new name or something. :smh:

So I finally got to hoop in my nxt 360 last night. I had a good game, 14 pts, 5 rebounds, 3 ast, but man my feet were killing me after the game.

Not sure if it's the break in period, but damn that toebox is thin as hell and see through, but its hard AF and STIFF AF. Like when you go on your tippy toes and bend the toebox it feels like hard plastic bending/creasing on top of your foot. And its not a flat hard piece rubbing against your foot, it's mesh "flywire" so it felt like a cheese grater slicing up the top of my toes. I got home, took a shower and the top of my toes were blistering and had upper epidermal skin scape/tear off. Man it hurts.

Traction is whatever. Like some others reported a few traction pattern "nubs" broke off and wore down. IMO best traction pattern was the kobe 9 and the kobe 11 solid outsole is a close 2nd. Not sure how long these will hold up for...oh yeah it got dirty like a mofo. The white flyknit gets dirty so easily and someone stepped on my foot (which could have added to the slicing up the skin on top of my toes) and left a huge black stain/dirt mark. I tried to clean it off but it made it worse. The stain basically spreaded out and turned like the whole toebox brown. Any tips on how to clean it? I stuffed the toebox with papertowels and hit it with the magic eraser and soap/toothbrush. No go, it spreaded out and made it worse.

dunks318ti dunks318ti that sounds awful! You wearing the right size? Is the toe box creasing really bad already? Saw a pic and it looked awful. Also, that’s why I don’t hoop w/ white shoes... what socks did u wear?

dunks318ti dunks318ti that sounds awful! You wearing the right size? Is the toe box creasing really bad already? Saw a pic and it looked awful. Also, that’s why I don’t hoop w/ white shoes... what socks did u wear?

Yeah it was awful. My feet were stinging and after I took a shower and dried off that's when I realize the shoes caused a thin layer of skin to come off the top of my toes. Yeah the creasing sucks. It's not your typical creasing either, its like some abnormal creasing due to the material and due to the structure of it. I wore a run of the mill hanes socks. The shoe is see through so you can see the trademark red hanes line stitching across my toes through the shoes.

Not sure if anyone here can relate, but trying to clean these is like trying to clean a pair of white canvas converse all stars/chucks. It just spreads like a brownish tinge all over the white. SMFH.

And yeah, I'm positive I'm wearing the right size. I wear a size 10.5 in Kobe 9s and 10.5 in kobe 11s. I got these in a size 10 due to people saying half a size down and it's true. Hell, even this size 10 that's half a size down still has a lot of room in the toe (they run long).

Shoes feel good. Cushion was good. Traction was decent. Just the top toe box material is killing me. It is HARD AF. It's like they used fishing line and hardened that **** using some kind of hardener epoxy. Actually it feels like thin plastic strands that are weaved together like "flyknit." My best description is it feels like the plastic tags on shirts where they attach the price tag to or better yet the plastic locking strand that shoe companies use to attach the extra pair of shoe laces in the bag through the shoe eyelet.

So I finally got to hoop in my nxt 360 last night. I had a good game, 14 pts, 5 rebounds, 3 ast, but man my feet were killing me after the game.

Not sure if it's the break in period, but damn that toebox is thin as hell and see through, but its hard AF and STIFF AF. Like when you go on your tippy toes and bend the toebox it feels like hard plastic bending/creasing on top of your foot. And its not a flat hard piece rubbing against your foot, it's mesh "flywire" so it felt like a cheese grater slicing up the top of my toes. I got home, took a shower and the top of my toes were blistering and had upper epidermal skin scape/tear off. Man it hurts.

Traction is whatever. Like some others reported a few traction pattern "nubs" broke off and wore down. IMO best traction pattern was the kobe 9 and the kobe 11 solid outsole is a close 2nd. Not sure how long these will hold up for...oh yeah it got dirty like a mofo. The white flyknit gets dirty so easily and someone stepped on my foot (which could have added to the slicing up the skin on top of my toes) and left a huge black stain/dirt mark. I tried to clean it off but it made it worse. The stain basically spreaded out and turned like the whole toebox brown. Any tips on how to clean it? I stuffed the toebox with papertowels and hit it with the magic eraser and soap/toothbrush. No go, it spreaded out and made it worse.

Yeah it was awful. My feet were stinging and after I took a shower and dried off that's when I realize the shoes caused a thin layer of skin to come off the top of my toes. Yeah the creasing sucks. It's not your typical creasing either, its like some abnormal creasing due to the material and due to the structure of it. I wore a run of the mill hanes socks. The shoe is see through so you can see the trademark red hanes line stitching across my toes through the shoes.

Not sure if anyone here can relate, but trying to clean these is like trying to clean a pair of white canvas converse all stars/chucks. It just spreads like a brownish tinge all over the white. SMFH.

And yeah, I'm positive I'm wearing the right size. I wear a size 10.5 in Kobe 9s and 10.5 in kobe 11s. I got these in a size 10 due to people saying half a size down and it's true. Hell, even this size 10 that's half a size down still has a lot of room in the toe (they run long).

Shoes feel good. Cushion was good. Traction was decent. Just the top toe box material is killing me. It is HARD AF. It's like they used fishing line and hardened that **** using some kind of hardener epoxy. Actually it feels like thin plastic strands that are weaved together like "flyknit." My best description is it feels like the plastic tags on shirts where they attach the price tag to or better yet the plastic locking strand that shoe companies use to attach the extra pair of shoe laces in the bag through the shoe eyelet.

thank you for the descriptive details on this shoe. i was on the fence on whether to cop or not, i will have to rethink it, and if i do, i'm getting some baseball otc socks too. once again, thanks!

I actually wore them to work today to try and break them in some more and let my foot get used to it (Neosporin and bandaid under the socks of course) and you can see how dirty it is after I tried cleaning them last night and once again this morning. I should have took a before pic or the right shoe because it was looking horrific after the dude stepped on them.
2zyixoo.jpg

2m33ejo.jpg

That's after one wear lol, it was game time usage though...

Yeah for sure on the socks. The run of the mill hanes socks I felt were pretty thick but I might need thicker socks or double socks. All the pics I seen nba players rocking these on court, they always double sock them or even triple sock them (but on the same note I see them do that with other shoes as well).

Me personally, the times I tried double socking, i feel like i lose connection with the shoe/court. It feels like I'm sliding or it tends to bunch/crease up on the bottom of the foot due to multiple layers causing discomfort. I don't know. I have another league game this Sunday and I'll report back again. Hopefully it's just the break in period.

Last edited:

I am actually quite surprised by this material. Yes it's thin and I also have weird creasing on the toebox but it didn't cause pain to my toes. Instead I can just feel it creases whenever I bend my forefoot, but only on my right foot though. The left foot feels perfect.
It's amazing though how good the containment is with this material. I always do intentional very hard lateral cuts to test the shoe's containment. Recent new shoes I have include Jordan 31 Low and Lebron 15 Low, both of them would still have a little bit of issue containing my feet on the footbed when I put my foot down heavily on the court. But man these 360s not at all. My feet stay very nicely on the footbed without zero movement. I know it's a combination of both upper material, the erected side of the midsole, as well as the sticky surface of the midsole. It just works amazingly well in terms of containment, which such thin and seethrough material.

I felt that crease pain taking one step in the mamba days. Idk how people are playing in them and not feeling it.

I felt that crease pain taking one step in the mamba days. Idk how people are playing in them and not feeling it.

Damn so you're abandoning them? I'm still on the fence. I played well in them and they felt good minus that pain. Not sure if it'll soften up or break in after a few sessions, but man that pain is real. I kind of feel it right now, but that's because the damage is done already and my toes are freshly injured and not healed yet. Svi been hooping in them in the SL for the Lakers tho...

I think the socks did play a role, but damn you should be able to play in any socks imo, right? And like kaleien34 said, the containment is good. I wished they used a different material for the toebox, but being that thin and see through I can see why they chose that material. Regular flyknit that thin would rip with the quickness....

I love these kicks and they are ultimate performers. I ended up taking my pair back unfortunately. These do stain real easy and in one game, I had a huge scuff mark on the plastic piece on the heel. I will scoop again on discount but I'm hoping they release some darker colorways that are Hooper friendly

Back
Top Bottom