THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I won't buy them even if they hit $50. Awful colorway that could have been nice if they had used something close to traditional Lakers canyon gold instead of that crap banana yellow shade.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is rather curious to know what, exactly, Nike's plan for the 360 is at this point. Seems like it's been kicked to the curb in favor of the Exodus, and the season hasn't even truly begun yet. Like WTF? Hoping they ramp it up and finally drop at least one legit sick colorway, but I don't have high hopes at this point. If they don't do much more with it, it makes me wonder what the point even was in the first place.

I seriously hope they're done making it. When it first dropped I was so pissed. Was so plain and boring. Wasn't excited about it at all. The Exodus is fire. Let's get some additional multicolor releases.

I like my 360s. *shrugs* They're different but they're cool. I think Nike looks at the NXT as their cutting edge experimental stuff. They only release 3-4 colors, they see what people like from it and then implement it in the next regular model. I also bought the original 'curial NXT, btw. No ADs around here though; lows, mids, Exodus...

The Exodus's upper is very similar to the original NXT's bootie design (minus the shroud). Look at the Torch material and the stitching. Even the lacing scheme is similar, minus the standard laces on the NXT and the lace lock.

The standard AD line has all been bottom loaded Zoom heels so far, the NXTs have continued down the road of the removable midsoles. I suspect Nike will continue this way of releasing new tech. Kobe models have always been the cutting edge tech, but now consumers have the choice of sticking with the AD way, or get adventurous with some new stuff. I don't mind. Just make it less expensive. :rofl:

I like my 360s. *shrugs* They're different but they're cool. I think Nike looks at the NXT as their cutting edge experimental stuff. They only release 3-4 colors, they see what people like from it and then implement it in the next regular model. I also bought the original 'curial NXT, btw. No ADs around here though; lows, mids, Exodus...

The Exodus's upper is very similar to the original NXT's bootie design (minus the shroud). Look at the Torch material and the stitching. Even the lacing scheme is similar, minus the standard laces on the NXT and the lace lock.

The standard AD line has all been bottom loaded Zoom heels so far, the NXTs have continued down the road of the removable midsoles. I suspect Nike will continue this way of releasing new tech. Kobe models have always been the cutting edge tech, but now consumers have the choice of sticking with the AD way, or get adventurous with some new stuff. I don't mind. Just make it less expensive. :rofl:

I agree, when I first inspected the A.D. Exodus the first thing that stuck out to me was was how the bootie design and tongue, or lack of one but full upper seemed so similar to the AD NXT, minus the shroud just as you mentioned.

Just don't charge the consumer for the testing models and hail it as cutting edge new technology, make the prices fair so more will jump on board to test it. We didn't see many rocking NXT day to day other than to debut. We wont see many rockin' the AD 360 either other than to debut.

do you guys only look at the shoes online.

the wht/orng 360 looked awful in first pics, but look awesome in person.

they also have not released the silver / volt color in US

it's kinda sad how insanely frequent NBA players wear kobe's, but i mostly see bad consumer reviews, whether it's looks or performance

it's kinda sad how insanely frequent NBA players wear kobe's, but i mostly see bad consumer reviews, whether it's looks or performance

They don’t get bad performance reviews, minus the original AD low. The Kobe line has consistently been a great performer. It’s just - it feels like there is no direction. Are they going top shelf tech like the 360, or middle of the road materials and cushioning like the Exodus, or protro.

I agree, when I first inspected the A.D. Exodus the first thing that stuck out to me was was how the bootie design and tongue, or lack of one but full upper seemed so similar to the AD NXT, minus the shroud just as you mentioned.

Just don't charge the consumer for the testing models and hail it as cutting edge new technology, make the prices fair so more will jump on board to test it. We didn't see many rocking NXT day to day other than to debut. We wont see many rockin' the AD 360 either other than to debut.

No doubt. At the end of the day it's on you whether or not you make a purchase. I'm glad they came out with the 360s, they're trying new stuff between the use of react as well as traction pattern, knits, etc. I do think they're criminally overpriced at retail...but I waited until I could get a the pair I liked for what I considered a reasonable price. I think Nike *has* to price these latest tech models higher because a lot of the tooling is completely new and the tech is unproven.

Nike has to try these types of things on the market to see what sticks and what sucks. Being that Kobe is retired and has a penchant for having the latest tech in his shoes, an 'experimental' Kobe line seems pretty logical to me. If you're on board, cool! You've got the latest sh*t and probably a sneak peak into what's gonna come out in a year and a half on a more modest model - as we saw with the Exodus and NXT bootie/lacing similarities. There is a risk involved in being cutting edge though, as we see some of the sole nubs on the 360s disintegrate almost instantly, or the lace rips on the original NXT, etc.

If you're not on board, if you think they're ugly, if you think they're overpriced....that's cool too! You can stick with what you know and like, and if you find a crazy deal that makes you curious enough to buy a pair of 360 then great. Who cares either way? It does seem a bit silly to pay premium to basically beta test, but nobody is holding a gun to your head making you buy it on release night, right? Wait like 2 months and they'll be all over the hash walls anyway... :rofl:

Has anyone spotted any players wear the 360 in the preseason? I don't think DeRozan has but I haven't watched any Spurs games. There are plenty of Exodus sightings.

I can't see any player wear the 360 for long stretched seeing how thin/flimsy the "Flyknit" is. More like fishing wire. I bought an 2x used pair of the launch cw for $140 on eBay and kind of regret it.

Yeah I've seen a few players wear it during preseason. Svi on the Lakers has been wearing his pair since Summer League :lol:

I was just disappointed in the materials, was excited as hell with the all around flyknit but when I tried em in store they were such a huge disappointment, idk how you could call those materials flyknit it was a bunch of plastic. But would definitely pick up an OG colorway pair for cheap.

I look at them online first of course when releases are brought up and then check them out in the stores where available. I never trust reviews, especially the ones on youtube who are just casual hoopers. Not that I'm more than a casual hooper, just that I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Like the OG AD. Everyone was saying they sucked but I liked them. I know lots of people that liked them and didn't complain.

Some people tend to not let go of the past and can't embrace change and expect Kobe's to always look like Kobe's of old. I embrace change and either i like it or don't, but I don't expect them to look like Kobe 4 or 8 or 9's.

Anybody else not copping any Kobe’s until those Protro 4’s release in Feb?

I’m gonna pull a b**** move like Guccishades Guccishades does every week and hoard and stock and charge rape resale.

43071769_1401351189968395_2308196115398039418_n.jpg
what about the air max audacity 2???

Finally ordered one pair, fighting off getting two more. Maybe if these get discounted like some other ID's have in the past, or ebates or Mr.Rebates goes up to something good.

Attachments

• Kobe AD ID - 1.png
    Kobe AD ID - 1.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom