THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Kobe Nike History:
Kobe signed a short contract with Nike and the Nike huarache 2k4 was supposed to be the Zoom Kobe 1. The Eagle Colorado incident happened and Nike told kobe it would be best not to give him a signature sneaker. The case was over and nike pushed the zoom kobe 1-3 and the numbers weren’t great. Nike low balled kobe’s contract renewal and while the Kobe 4-11 was successful, he wasn’t seeing checks like Lebron was from Nike. Kobe plan all along was to either get Lebron money from Nike or walk.

Moving forward Nike is still going to make Kobe 1-11s but it won’t have Kobe signature or name on the sneaker. It’s going to be called Nike zoom 2005 which will be the Zoom Kobe 1.

Kobe Nike History:
Kobe signed a short contract with Nike and the Nike huarache 2k4 was supposed to be the Zoom Kobe 1. The Eagle Colorado incident happened and Nike told kobe it would be best not to give him a signature sneaker. The case was over and nike pushed the zoom kobe 1-3 and the numbers weren’t great. Nike low balled kobe’s contract renewal and while the Kobe 4-11 was successful, he wasn’t seeing checks like Lebron was from Nike. Kobe plan all along was to either get Lebron money from Nike or walk.

Moving forward Nike is still going to make Kobe 1-11s but it won’t have Kobe signature or name on the sneaker. It’s going to be called Nike zoom 2005 which will be the Zoom Kobe 1.

If this is all true, it makes a lot of sense. The numbers didn’t add up. Nike really hyped the hell out of the V. Every player in the league had a plethora of PEs. Regular consumers had to jump through circles to get them.
861E93D8-74F3-49FE-8089-92CFF1846EE3.jpeg

who said nike can't sell kobes anymore? I'm pretty sure (without any real knowledge) that nike owns each and every one of the kobe shoe designs, and can put one out without a kobe signature or kobe logo (depending on who owns it). same way they have done in the past with athletes they no longer endorse but still put the shoes out. go ask Deion sanders.

Does Nike own the Kobe signature or logo? Remember what happened with Kawhi? Nike won the case and the court said the claw logo belonged to Nike

Y'all don't really think this is the end do y'all?

I actually dont tbh.

There’s SO MANY kobe fans worldwide that are gonna be vocally displeased (to put it lightly) that i think itll put the pressure on both nike and vanessa to meet in the middle somewhere.

they’re not about to pair his contract expiration along with that terrible a** accident for the ending of kobes story.

keeping the faith that cooler heads will prevail in time and work something out. May be a while, but they’ll figure it out.

i mean, they HAVE TO. Like, they really do...

they’re not about to pair his contract expiration along with that terrible a** accident for the ending of kobes story.
This point exactly. If Vanessa is true to her word, she will figure it out with Nike in time.

does GOAT have a base in japan?

ordered the undefeated 4s, it's been authenticated but it's coming from Japan.

What if
Y'all don't really think this is the end do y'all?
No. I think Vanessa and Nike eventually see eye to eye at some point. I don’t even think it’s about the money for her. Plus I don’t think anyone is trying to see a Kobe Peak or Kobe Anta shoe.

They saying that Nike nba players mite not be able to wear Kobe’s either.

Derozan played yesterday and wore Kobe’s.

Contract expired on the 13th. If this was true, he wouldn’t be in kobes since the 13th not since this became public.

Derozan played yesterday and wore Kobe’s.

Contract expired on the 13th. If this was true, he wouldn’t be in kobes since the 13th not since this became public.
Solesavy podcast saying they still suppose to drop hall of fame 5. But that’s the last shoe

the end of the contract wouldn't necessarily mean they can't wear kobes they already have unless explicitly instructed to by nike

I wouldn't expect a rapid change from players that usually wear kobes unless things really take a turn behind the scenes

Back
Top Bottom