THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Thanks for the link. So does this imply Lebron was given a lifetime deal because Nike thinks people will wear his shoes casually for fashion? I don't see anyone doing that right now
Of course that's not the only reason, but definitely a factor. I read that the year prior to his contract being up, his sig shoe sales were over $340 million....highest at Nike by far. Some of us may or may not have seen people wearing them but the numbers don't lie.

Lebron moves units and that's all that really matters to the Swoosh.

Of course that's not the only reason, but definitely a factor. I read that the year prior to his contract being up, his sig shoe sales were over $340 million....highest at Nike by far. Some of us may or may not have seen people wearing them but the numbers don't lie.

Lebron moves units and that's all that really matters to the Swoosh.
Yeah I’ve heard lebron’s sales were crazy. But I really see people on the courts rockin lebrons. And I want to say I almost never see people wear them casually.

Kobes on the other hand, I see em everywhere.

Yeah I’ve heard lebron’s sales were crazy. But I really see people on the courts rockin lebrons. And I want to say I almost never see people wear them casually.

Kobes on the other hand, I see em everywhere.
We all have different experiences.

Now when I'm playing with the older crowd I see a lot of Jordans, Kyrie's and a few Kobes here and there...not a lot of Lebron's but every so often.
I was coaching HS not that long ago a lot of the kids were wearing PG's and Kyries, a few KD's here and there, Lebron soldiers and the budget Kobe models sprinkled in the mix.
I have a kid now who's playing travel ball 11u and pretty much everyone on the team wears Kyries...except my son and two other kids who wear Lebrons. I actually bought him a used pair of Kobes off eBay that were in really good shape, but he loves Lebron so wants to wear his shoes and I get it...can't make him like what I like at the end of the day.

That's just Nike stuff btw, I see lots of younger kids wearing Dames, Spider Mitchells and Hardens as well. The people they're growing up watching and idolizing...same as some of us did when we were their age.

So my protro 4 order from Monday night is still "waiting on seller to ship"

I contacted Stockx because we all know what's going to happen.. they told me they'll try to pair me up with another seller or issue a refund. Apparently they cover up to 40% of the difference if this happens, but considering prices have doubled then I likely aren't getting them. It is what it is, I wish stockx/goat/ebay all got together and just put a halt on kobe products. It's the right thing to do, IMO.

Seller has until end of day tomorrow to ship. Let's see what happens.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.26.05 PM.png

So my protro 4 order from Monday night is still "waiting on seller to ship"

I contacted Stockx because we all know what's going to happen.. they told me they'll try to pair me up with another seller or issue a refund. Apparently they cover up to 40% of the difference if this happens, but considering prices have doubled then I likely aren't getting them. It is what it is, I wish stockx/goat/ebay all got together and just put a halt on kobe products. It's the right thing to do, IMO.

Seller has until end of day tomorrow to ship. Let's see what happens.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.26.05 PM.png

This is another reason why stockx isn't the "stock market of things". You can't pull this crap on the stock market lol. Imagine selling your shares and then 30 mins later the company announces net profit up by 200%, you can't say "oh hang on, let me cancel that sale".

This is another reason why stockx isn't the "stock market of things". You can't pull this crap on the stock market lol. Imagine selling your shares and then 30 mins later the company announces net profit up by 200%, you can't say "oh hang on, let me cancel that sale".

I had orders on GOAT and eBay canceled when Kobe passed.

I have an order on GOAT right now that apparently the seller is have troubling “Packaging”, because it’s been a couple of days and they still haven’t shipped.

Ironically, didn’t Robinhood pull this exact nonsense with GameStop? Granted, Robinhood seems like a joke of a brokerage, to be fair.

Am I the only one who thinks Nike and the Bryant’s will end up signing another contract?
it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities however i think there will be a Mamba brand seeing that the Bryant Estate filed for 13 trademarks since the Kobe's tragic passing.

Wonder if they plan on coming out with their own Mamba Brand sneakers. I'd 100% support it and cop, but it's not going to be anywhere close to the level of Nike Kobe sneakers - especially if Kobe isn't around to wear them any more. There's too much history behind the Nike Kobe sneakers.

Wonder if they plan on coming out with their own Mamba Brand sneakers. I'd 100% support it and cop, but it's not going to be anywhere close to the level of Nike Kobe sneakers - especially if Kobe isn't around to wear them any more. There's too much history behind the Nike Kobe sneakers.

I’m not buying the Rattlesnakes or the Kobe Kobras but hey, you never know?

Last edited:
Ironically, didn’t Robinhood pull this exact nonsense with GameStop? Granted, Robinhood seems like a joke of a brokerage, to be fair.

Well the difference is Robin Hood stopped people from transacting, whereas stockx allows people to make the transaction and then not follow through on it.

Back
Top Bottom