THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Paying resale price I know your going to say it's not you but I'm talking to everyone
I get what you’re trying to say don’t get me wrong but it’s not solely our fault anymore.

Ive seen resellers gobbling up pairs of shoes AT RESELL to hold on to so they can flip when they hit more.
I’ve seen 1 dude have 50+ pairs of unions he said he bought most at $650, with the sole intention of flipping them even they get over 1000+ Hell you got resellers with FSR’s before the drops even now.

just because a few us won’t pay resale don’t mean Someone is willing and as soon as the do it’s a warp. even in that era 2010 - 2013/2014 wasn’t as bad as this new wave. you got stuff selling out and being sold that had no business (for example those FREE RUN TRAILS)
We lost when the kids/adults with money started seeing shoes as a business opportunity and not just sneaked
Now if resellers have a good majority of the pairs, who really decides the prices. it aint us.

Also to your 2 other points. Where have you been the last year and a half because resellers are FEASTING On white AF1’s. Some are charging 120-150 and MOVING THEM LEFT AND RIGHT

I was buying kobes left and right before last year. i’ve got pairs for $30 before. i was buying them for their intended purpose to hoop in them.

I have FTB 11’s prelude 4’s FTB’5 etc and i’ve worn & hooped in them all.

I get what you’re trying to say don’t get me wrong but it’s not solely our fault anymore.

Ive seen resellers gobbling up pairs of shoes AT RESELL to hold on to so they can flip when they hit more.
I’ve seen 1 dude have 50+ pairs of unions he said he bought most at $650, with the sole intention of flipping them even they get over 1000+ Hell you got resellers with FSR’s before the drops even now.

just because a few us won’t pay resale don’t mean crap. even in that era 2010 - 2013/2014 wasn’t as bad as this new wave. you got stuff selling out and being sold that had no business (for example those FREE RUN TRAILS)

Now if resellers have a good majority of the pairs, who really decides the prices. it aint us.

Also to your 2 other points. Where have you been the last year and a half because resellers are FEASTING On white AF1’s. Some are charging 120-150 and MOVING THEM LEFT AND RIGHT

I was buying kobes left and right before last year. i’ve got pairs for $30 before. i was buying them for their intended purpose to hoop in them.

I have FTB 11’s prelude 4’s FTB’5 etc and i’ve worn & hooped in them all.
Now imagine if no one bought at that price point the price would come down right? And bout the AF1 its was a joke you really think I thought I can get some all white AF1s off for $1000.. and if I did try to do that who's at fought for not having the discipline to not buy

Now imagine if no one bought at that price point the price would come down right? And bout the AF1 its was a joke you really think I thought I can get some all white AF1s off for $1000.. and if I did try to do that who's at fought for not having the discipline to not buy

But what you’re imagining is unrealistic. It is what it is now so I don’t even get mad anymore when I don’t hit on sneakers. Just gotta keep my OG pairs in good shape I guess lol.

We keep complaining in here and what has that change? Nothing... let's try something different if we all could just get on the same page and not buy resale it could actually work... stop *****in time for action

But what you’re imagining is unrealistic. It is what it is now so I don’t even get mad anymore when I don’t hit on sneakers. Just gotta keep my OG pairs in good shape I guess lol.
That mindset is trash it could work.. your actually doing it with out tryin now if we all can get on the same page

Your heart is in the right place my guy but NT is a small community compared to the overall sneaker culture lol - not sure how much change you’ll drive in the Kobe thread alone (promise I ain’t hating just stating).
It has to start from somewhere... and get the word out can have a snowball effect

There are lots of people who are sitting out the resale market because of a refusal to pay …and at the same time there’s another group of people who aren’t really tripping and don’t mind paying for something that they really want. It is what it is at this point, there’s no right or wrong side here.

Stop complaining it is what it is you shouldn't have waited until the man passed to hop on the Kobe 🚂

It not the same... Ok then tell people stop complaining then it is what is
I would imagine the loudest complaints are coming from those who are refusing to pay resale prices.

“Damn it, Grinches are $600… I’m not paying that much for a shoe” or “Damn it, Grinches are $600… I’ll pay whatever I have to for that shoe”

I would imagine the loudest complaints are coming from those who are refusing to pay resale prices.

“Damn it, Grinches are $600… I’m not paying that much for a shoe” or “Damn it, Grinches are $600… I’ll pay whatever I have to for that shoe”
should have copped before he passed

I'd be interested to see any other example of successful boycott of a global business model on the basis of cost of goods causing actual, meaningful change. There are fringe comparisons on the basis of human rights violations or politics, but I've yet to find a true parallel to the sneaker resale issue.

Nobody who makes the "just stop paying resale" argument ever has much more to say than that, because people would rather feel ideologically superior than actually be productive.

I'd be interested to see any other example of successful boycott of a global business model on the basis of cost of goods causing actual, meaningful change. There are fringe comparisons on the basis of human rights violations or politics, but I've yet to find a true parallel to the sneaker resale issue.

Nobody who makes the "just stop paying resale" argument ever has much more to say than that, because people would rather feel ideologically superior than actually be productive.
I'm open to any ideas instead of complaining and saying it is what it is

I’ll pay resale but it depends on what and they price. $600 for Grinches? Not happening.

I’m just done with the resale market to be honest. When I check eBay and see screenshots of a shoe purchase and not the actual pictures of the shoes for sale. That’s when the knew I was done.

They can have them.

I’ll pay resale but it depends on what and they price. $600 for Grinches? Not happening.

I’m just done with the resale market to be honest. When I check eBay and see screenshots of a shoe purchase and not the actual pictures of the shoes for sale. That’s when the knew I was done.

They can have them.
This. i have my limits personally 350 is for anything i’m going to hoop in anything after that is too much

Only solution I would have is for Nike to flood the market with Protros BUT if Vanessa herself publicly asked Nike to stop making the Kobe releases so limited and they still refused well then it’s a wrap on that one.

This appears to be the butt of the problem from what I can see (although I could be wrong).

Vanessa: Can you produce more Kobes so more people can get them?
Nike: But we need to keep resale and perceived value high by making them limited.
Vanessa: I won't renew the contract then.
Nike: Go ahead then.

Seems like a rather stupid thing for Nike not to compromise on.

If Vanessa couldn't even convince Nike to change up the bs limited hype model, then what makes you think NT can? I get the sentiment of "lets all refuse to pay the resellers and they'll have to bring their prices down," but it'll never happen across the board. At what point do you draw the line? 20 over retail, 50 over retail, 100 over retail? There's always gonna be people caving at a price they find reasonable and then that'll leave the "retail or bust" crew without the shoe. For some, that's perfectly fine since there's always another pair in the future.

Back
Top Bottom