THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

F44C09CC-1045-4930-83D6-5414232DF00D.jpeg

Protro 1’s on the court today

Nice shoes and basketball.

How do you like the basketball?
Thanks.

I love it, got through the break in phase about a month or so ago and it’s perfect. Never really been a fan of synthetic basketballs…my biggest gripe being they don’t handle sweat well at all. The official ball is the complete opposite, the more you sweat the better the ball feels.

I got mine for a great deal and depending on my schedule I might literally use it 5-6x a week. I’d recommend it if you’re committed to going through months of breaking in process. If not, just get an Evo I suppose.

Thanks.

I love it, got through the break in phase about a month or so ago and it’s perfect. Never really been a fan of synthetic basketballs…my biggest gripe being they don’t handle sweat well at all. The official ball is the complete opposite, the more you sweat the better the ball feels.

I got mine for a great deal and depending on my schedule I might literally use it 5-6x a week. I’d recommend it if you’re committed to going through months of breaking in process. If not, just get an Evo I suppose.

Good info!

I have the Spalding and Wilson NBA basketballs and I don’t like them until my hands are warm and basically sweaty.

Before that the basketballs are too slick.

Good info!

I have the Spalding and Wilson NBA basketballs and I don’t like them until my hands are warm and basically sweaty.

Before that the basketballs are too slick.
Nice!

Are your broken in?

See I don't normally play or even shoot around until I've done about a 10 minute quick warmup so by the time I grab the rock I've already got a little sweat on my hands.

But I do agree that synthetic balls feel better out the box and initially during play.

Nice!

Are your broken in?

See I don't normally play or even shoot around until I've done about a 10 minute quick warmup so by the time I grab the rock I've already got a little sweat on my hands.

But I do agree that synthetic balls feel better out the box and initially during play.

My Spaulding ball should be broken in because it looks much worse than yours :rofl:

I have the official FIBA basketballs and I warm up with those first before the NBA basketballs.

The Wilson actually feel good out the box, it when you use them they start getting slippery. :rolleyes

At the Allstar game MJ and a behind the scenes Nike rep made a pitch to Vanessa that might be a step in the right direction to getting Kobe’s signature line going again. Something might be in the works in March that will donate proceeds to charity.

Last edited:
At the Allstar game MJ and a behind the scenes Nike rep made a pitch to Vanessa that might be a step in the right direction to getting Kobe’s signature line going again. Something might be in the works
A Footlocker executive that has been fighting to exclusively buy the rights to sell Kobe’s signature line and Mamba clothing line. They are waiting to hear back what is the price. They just bought out Reebok and have a template

Getting Kobe's line going again is pointless if the bots/resellers/raffles are gonna just eat up all the stock. There needs to be clear direction for the line or else you're going to have a lot of pissed off people, and a pissed off estate. We need the line to be accessible to EVERYONE, not just resellers, which has become an even bigger issue with this "pandemic" and lack of "materials". I know I'm a broken record here, but cut out the b.s. and make his shoes BUILT TO ORDER.

Footlocker can have the limited releases (PE's, grinches, or whatever else the hypebeasts want). I just want Kobe's to ball in at retail, not to sit in a display case because SNKRS gave me a W or I paid someone that can program a bot 500% markup.

Getting Kobe's line going again is pointless if the bots/resellers/raffles are gonna just eat up all the stock. There needs to be clear direction for the line or else you're going to have a lot of pissed off people, and a pissed off estate. We need the line to be accessible to EVERYONE, not just resellers, which has become an even bigger issue with this "pandemic" and lack of "materials". I know I'm a broken record here, but cut out the b.s. and make his shoes BUILT TO ORDER.

Footlocker can have the limited releases (PE's, grinches, or whatever else the hypebeasts want). I just want Kobe's to ball in at retail, not to sit in a display case because SNKRS gave me a W or I paid someone that can program a bot 500% markup.
That’s part of the issue. The Kobe proto 1s and IVs didn’t sell well according to Nike’s data. DSG had to send most of its stock back to Nike. Nike made the

sad truth of the situation is the data Nike has shows that the proto 1s and iv’s didn’t sell well. DSG sent 90% of their Kobe stock back to Nike. The Kobe AD sells were mediocre also. The Kobe hype beast are post tragedy and there isn’t any data to support the sales. Nike is using that data to lowball Kobe’s worth to the brand.

We all know Kobe’s sneakers are going to instantly sell out when they release moving forward. When it comes to contract negotiations, Nike is playing Coy.

At the Allstar game MJ and a behind the scenes Nike rep made a pitch to Vanessa that might be a step in the right direction to getting Kobe’s signature line going again. Something might be in the works
Would be crazy if this deal went through

That’s part of the issue. The Kobe proto 1s and IVs didn’t sell well according to Nike’s data. DSG had to send most of its stock back to Nike. Nike made the

sad truth of the situation is the data Nike has shows that the proto 1s and iv’s didn’t sell well. DSG sent 90% of their Kobe stock back to Nike. The Kobe AD sells were mediocre also. The Kobe hype beast are post tragedy and there isn’t any data to support the sales. Nike is using that data to lowball Kobe’s worth to the brand.
That’s there fault imo.

Marketing for everything after he retired for the most part was non existent and the designs were ok at best.

1’s were never gonna sell that great imo. 4’s we’re on track until they told us FLZ and then said ohh nvm they ain’t have FLZ

The 1 kobe 5 we got before he passed. Was sold out almost immediately.

Back
Top Bottom