THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Honestly the best way to get rid of bots/multi accounts would be to do a captcha quiz only real kobe heads would know lmao.. People won't be able to enter a crap ton of accounts at once that way.

Honestly the best way to get rid of bots/multi accounts would be to do a captcha quiz only real kobe heads would know lmao.. People won't be able to enter a crap ton of accounts at once that way.
Best way is to preorder. Just look at what happened with the gap yeezy stuff. All the scalpers dipped as Soon as the jacket was on site for preorders for days

For some reason I feel like they're will be more drops for this shoe—I don't think Vanessa restarts the Nike deal unless more is on the way

Also wasn't there noise about it being MANY pairs that would never release? Who has info on the stock numbers on these

Eh I doubt it these were already produced before the contract ended I don't think they're making any more which makes sense why it's basically an LA centered release.

When I saw that 100% of the proceeds were going to charity I figured this one wasn’t going to be a mass release
06806FCE-C818-4F64-905E-8EA04418D3F8.jpeg

I don't get this whole thing. Before Kobe died I was able to get some releases from Nike. Once he died, forget that, couldn't smell anything but L's. Vanessa leaves because Nike wasn't being fair. She now comes back and to honor her late daughter and husband, they are selling these sneakers to people who have been able to get on Nike. as opposed to us who had to buy on Stock X and eBay. Come on man. I want one pair to wear, not sell, not to keep in the box. I want to wear it. Help us real fans out. Shoot my dog is named Kobe.
She left bc of one thing…. $$$ wasn’t right. She’s really clueless about the sneaker game.

Ftb 11s seemed to have a decent amount as FL sold them
SP has these as well as some other LA places. FTBs we’re on FTL but demand was/is through the roof. Feel like demand on these is pretty high, not FTB high but still, gonna be a mess to get a pair. Really hoping all the NT fam scoops on Sunday. If anyone gets a spare 9 and wants to sell for a fair price if I strike out, PM me

SP has these as well as some other LA places. FTBs we’re on FTL but demand was/is through the roof. Feel like demand on these is pretty high, not FTB high but still, gonna be a mess to get a pair. Really hoping all the NT fam scoops on Sunday. If anyone gets a spare 9 and wants to sell for a fair price if I strike out, PM me
I contacted all the SPs around my area and none of them were having any raffles.

She left bc of one thing…. $$$ wasn’t right. She’s really clueless about the sneaker game.

What ignorant comment. Kobe's estate was worth $600M. It's worth even more now. It's interesting how she got what she wanted. The shoes are being released and 100% of the proceeds are going to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation. Remember Nike could have agreed on it and the Mambacitas could have been released already. But they didn't. It's like Nike milked it because Nike Basketball is doing so poorly. All of sudden, they agree on the same, exact terms and now, they're releasing during the peak of the NBA Playoffs. Even if she wanted more money that wasn't the deciding factor. Vanessa challenged Nike's entire marketing strategy "used by luxury giants." " In a note to clients last June, Luca Solca, an analyst at investment firm Bernstein, broke down some of the techniques these companies use to “sell exclusivity by the million.” There were some noteworthy overlaps between luxury retailers and Nike. Luxury sellers will deliberately limit sales of a collection to avoid trivializing it, and multiply styles of a product to keep it from appearing ubiquitous while sales are able to grow." Sound familiar? Soon Nike will release more Kobes and hopefully, they'll up production like Vanessa wanted, so we can all get some new Kobes.

I don't get this whole thing. Before Kobe died I was able to get some releases from Nike. Once he died, forget that, couldn't smell anything but L's. Vanessa leaves because Nike wasn't being fair. She now comes back and to honor her late daughter and husband, they are selling these sneakers to people who have been able to get on Nike. as opposed to us who had to buy on Stock X and eBay. Come on man. I want one pair to wear, not sell, not to keep in the box. I want to wear it. Help us real fans out. Shoot my dog is named Kobe.
I will say bro my snkrs Ls have been piling up and I got a w on these. I win on ish that ppl don’t want. And best believe I’m with you on the pair to wear abs not to sell/ keep in the box.

What ignorant comment. Kobe's estate was worth $600M. It's worth even more now. It's interesting how she got what she wanted. The shoes are being released and 100% of the proceeds are going to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation. Remember Nike could have agreed on it and the Mambacitas could have been released already. But they didn't. It's like Nike milked it because Nike Basketball is doing so poorly. All of sudden, they agree on the same, exact terms and now, they're releasing during the peak of the NBA Playoffs. Even if she wanted more money that wasn't the deciding factor. Vanessa challenged Nike's entire marketing strategy "used by luxury giants." " In a note to clients last June, Luca Solca, an analyst at investment firm Bernstein, broke down some of the techniques these companies use to “sell exclusivity by the million.” There were some noteworthy overlaps between luxury retailers and Nike. Luxury sellers will deliberately limit sales of a collection to avoid trivializing it, and multiply styles of a product to keep it from appearing ubiquitous while sales are able to grow." Sound familiar? Soon Nike will release more Kobes and hopefully, they'll up production like Vanessa wanted, so we can all get some new Kobes.

So when is the mass release of the Mambacitas happening then?

I will say bro my snkrs Ls have been piling up and I got a w on these. I win on ish that ppl don’t want. And best believe I’m with you on the pair to wear abs not to sell/ keep in the box.
Same man, haven’t hit since the J 4 Red Thunder’s, and I wasn’t even able to cop in my size.

I’m hoping when/if there is a public release, I will be able to cop. If I do? Straight on feet, none of this resale crap.

My guess is Vanessa told Nike that she wanted a certain amount of pairs made and a certain portion allotted for LA. Once Nike agreed to that, how they distributed was likely left up to Nike. Vanessa gets what she wants - more pairs in LA plus the lifetime contract, and Nike gets to distribute via their traditional means (that we all hate cause the game is completely changed).

So yes, she is clueless about the sneaker game, but she rightfully shouldn't have to have a clue. The sneaker game is you and I, and we are NOT the mass public. We are the niche. The culture drivers that no one cares about :smile:

I’ve already accepted the fact that I won’t get Kobe’s for retail. I’m not gonna pay stupid resale, I have a limit. No point in destroying $800 at la fitness.

While my rotation is still mainly Kobe’s and would last a few years, I keep things fresh and added pg5/kyrie’s to the mix.

I don’t buy multiple pairs of either shoe and I won’t unless it’s Kobe’s. If that never happens then so be it, I’m getting older anyways and don’t rip thru shoes as fast as I used to.

At the end of the day, Nike loses IMO because I know I’m not the only one that would hoard Kobe’s but won’t do the same for any other sig.

Call it what you want, but it doesnt negate the fact that as of now there has been no change in the Kobe release. Vanessa mentioned she wanted to get more product into her husbands fans, but the last few pairs released before the end went solely for the most part to LA/CA area. Those hoodies and sweats that she released went where?? To nba players and artist and were GIFTED to them. Price point to the regular fans for them was priced right out of the ability of most, minus those who have basically money to blow. SO BOTH YOU AND HER CAN MISS ME WITH THAT!

My guess is Vanessa told Nike that she wanted a certain amount of pairs made and a certain portion allotted for LA. Once Nike agreed to that, how they distributed was likely left up to Nike. Vanessa gets what she wants - more pairs in LA plus the lifetime contract, and Nike gets to distribute via their traditional means (that we all hate cause the game is completely changed).

So yes, she is clueless about the sneaker game, but she rightfully shouldn't have to have a clue. The sneaker game is you and I, and we are NOT the mass public. We are the niche. The culture drivers that no one cares about :smile:
My only concern with that is that allotting a big chunk to the LA doesn’t really put the sho

i just feel putting the bulk in LA area doesn’t put the shoes in true Kobe fans. I’m sure there’s NON LA Kobe fans that would love them just as much as any Kobe fan in LA. not to mention his rabid fan base in china

Depression hitting real hard right now, after me realizing I can’t get a Kobe, even a used one, without shelling off some of my organs. I would literally have to delete half my collection just to get a single 6 or 9.

Back
Top Bottom