THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Depression hitting real hard right now, after me realizing I can’t get a Kobe, even a used one, without shelling off some of my organs. I would literally have to delete half my collection just to get a single 6 or 9.
I feel your pain, but Thank God I got my Kobe’s when the market was extremely low. I just seriously doubt nike and maybe won’t say with certainty that Vanessa just doesn’t care or are outrage at people profiting from Kobe’s untimely death. Everyone knows the fix but won’t do what needs to be done. To negate the problem you have to increase the pairs available. Mass produce them. Nike doesn’t have a issue putting out thousands of trash *** shoes, hell reduce the amount of PG, kyrie, or kd they make.

I feel your pain, but Thank God I got my Kobe’s when the market was extremely low. I just seriously doubt nike and maybe won’t say with certainty that Vanessa just doesn’t care or are outrage at people profiting from Kobe’s untimely death. Everyone knows the fix but won’t do what needs to be done. To negate the problem you have to increase the pairs available. Mass produce them. Nike doesn’t have a issue putting out thousands of trash *** shoes, hell reduce the amount of PG, kyrie, or kd they make.
Unfortunately I wasn’t a sneakerhead back when Kobe’s shoes were first releasing.

Totally agree on the trash *** shoes they are putting out in thousands. Nobody on earth wanted the PG5’s and yet here we are.

Ahhhh, nike and their wonderful antics. As usual.

Thankfully I'm indifferent on the 'Citas but it would have been nice if they pumped out exorbitant amount of them... for the culture.

Just my measly collezione. Shot was taken at the start of the pandemic (was hella board, lol).

Missing some 4's in here that i forgot i had (play off pack, del sol and carpet dm's). I'll revise it soon when i have time cuz i've picked up a few more since Covicron.

IMG_0602 (1).JPG
IMG_0601 (1).jpg

EDIT:

Just a coupla moar, nothing fancy like fancy feast...

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Have a safe weeknd, fam

(and pardon, didn't mean to disappoint with the lack of EnTee Denim :wow:hlawd:smile:

Thankfully I'm indifferent on the 'Citas but it would have been nice if they pumped out exorbitant amount of them... for the culture.

Just my measly collezione. Shot was taken at the start of the pandemic (was hella board, lol).

Missing some 4's in here that i forgot i had (play off pack, del sol and carpet dm's). I'll revise it soon when i have time cuz i've picked up a few more since Covicron.

IMG_0602 (1).JPG
IMG_0601 (1).jpg

EDIT:

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Have a safe weeknd, fam

(and pardon, didn't mean to disappoint with the lack of EnTee Denim :wow:hlawd:smile:

The different lace combos though lol

Might be in the minority here but if Kobe didn’t rock em I don’t want em.

Not tripping about this shock drop/EA release of a charity shoe, but I will be looking to see how the next release is handled. Better not be any of this SNKRS funny business crap.

So when is the mass release of the Mambacitas happening then?

If it don’t make dollars, it don’t make sense for Nike. But not for these. You think Nike signed a new deal to limit every single pair of Kobes they release? Nike will re-release a lot of different models and colorways. Not all of them will be that limited. We’ll eventually get pairs. Eventually, they might release new models. Again it’s great marketing to release the Mambacitas on Gigi’s birthday and during the Playoffs, when the “best” teams didn’t make it. Nike was probably off the charts excited with the Lakers and Nets projected to make it to the Finals before the season started. That would have been huge for Nike to have Lebron, AD, Russ and KD, Kyrie dueling it out for a title.

The different lace combos though lol

Breh, i'm kwirky like that. haha (but i have since changed the laces on the helicopters to something more palatable, aka neon orange and highlighter yellow).

Seriously spiel, I once was dating a gal (actually, just earlier this year) who said i had to start wearing matching shoes or else she would have to crop my feet out of the photos.

We aren't together any more for that specific reason.

Accept me with all my oddities or don't at all. No compromises when it comes to my tennis shoes. lol

IMG_0602 (1).JPG
IMG_0601 (1).jpg

EDIT:

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Have a safe weeknd, fam

Your whole collection is prolly worth more than my family van, damn

Yea in stores would be the best option with having folks wear them out! Even if someone entered for you... the person would wear them out when they went to pick them up
That’s a frigin genius idea. Make people do a couple of squats and jumping jacks just to get ‘em creased up a bit.

All I want is one pair. Let all the sneaker stores sell them and make people wear them out. Get rid of all those resellers and get them in hands or feet of fans.

That doesn't stop resellers. One shop does it here and people just take them off as soon as they leave the store.

I LOVE KOBE SHOES and support his Foundation and GIGIS but im NOT paying for resellers price right now as high as a grand....

HELL to the NO.......

What ignorant comment. Kobe's estate was worth $600M. It's worth even more now. It's interesting how she got what she wanted. The shoes are being released and 100% of the proceeds are going to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation. Remember Nike could have agreed on it and the Mambacitas could have been released already. But they didn't. It's like Nike milked it because Nike Basketball is doing so poorly. All of sudden, they agree on the same, exact terms and now, they're releasing during the peak of the NBA Playoffs. Even if she wanted more money that wasn't the deciding factor. Vanessa challenged Nike's entire marketing strategy "used by luxury giants." " In a note to clients last June, Luca Solca, an analyst at investment firm Bernstein, broke down some of the techniques these companies use to “sell exclusivity by the million.” There were some noteworthy overlaps between luxury retailers and Nike. Luxury sellers will deliberately limit sales of a collection to avoid trivializing it, and multiply styles of a product to keep it from appearing ubiquitous while sales are able to grow." Sound familiar? Soon Nike will release more Kobes and hopefully, they'll up production like Vanessa wanted, so we can all get some new Kobes.

at least BILIONS now

I LOVE KOBE SHOES and support his Foundation and GIGIS but im NOT paying for resellers price right now as high as a grand....

HELL to the NO.......

I'm fairly sure Nike will release more of these in the future. I'm not feeding resellers either.

Back
Top Bottom