THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

New basketball court in Anaheim in honor Gigi and Kobe that opened on 5/1. If you're local or nearby, play a game or two.

"During the dedication, the city also unveiled a public art installation of a butterfly-shaped sculpture next to the new court. The piece features portraits of the father and daughter with their jersey numbers.

The name Vanessa means butterfly, one presenter said, adding that the court’s opening was the perfect opportunity to honor Gigi and Kobe, and the legacy Vanessa Bryant is continuing.

Children from the Anaheim Family YMCA attended the ceremony. They all received new Kobe 6 Protro “Mambacita Sweet 16” sneakers before playing in a short clinic on the new court.

Painted in Lakers’ purple and gold colors, the Pearson Park Dream Court is decorated with images of Kobe and Gianna Bryant.

The court is of high-school regulation size with two new basketball goals and a new surface from Sport Court, a basketball industry flooring company."

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.04.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.05.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.05.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.38.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.38.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Your memory is very correct. These shoes are 5 years old & they still perform great. Of course back then I still had 2 other AD NXT's, 2 AD's, 3 ZKV & 3 ZK6 in the hoop rotation. Sadly down to just these, the white AD NXT, the Black Spaces & Oregon Ducks AD. 😞

I remembered playing in them and they felt sleek, light and the cushioning was solid.

I haven’t played in them in years but I remembered them being a good basketball shoe.

I remembered playing in them and they felt sleek, light and the cushioning was solid.

I haven’t played in them in years but I remembered them being a good basketball shoe.
Yea man. I love playing in them. So much that I hope I can find some GT Cuts or something to play in so I can still preserve them.

New basketball court in Anaheim in honor Gigi and Kobe that opened on 5/1. If you're local or nearby, play a game or two.

"During the dedication, the city also unveiled a public art installation of a butterfly-shaped sculpture next to the new court. The piece features portraits of the father and daughter with their jersey numbers.

The name Vanessa means butterfly, one presenter said, adding that the court’s opening was the perfect opportunity to honor Gigi and Kobe, and the legacy Vanessa Bryant is continuing.

Children from the Anaheim Family YMCA attended the ceremony. They all received new Kobe 6 Protro “Mambacita Sweet 16” sneakers before playing in a short clinic on the new court.

Painted in Lakers’ purple and gold colors, the Pearson Park Dream Court is decorated with images of Kobe and Gianna Bryant.

The court is of high-school regulation size with two new basketball goals and a new surface from Sport Court, a basketball industry flooring company."

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.04.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.05.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.05.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.38.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 4.38.23 PM.png
Yea I've been patiently waiting for them(lakers) to announce when they do and unveil a Kobe statue... cuz that will be the reason for my next LA trip. Def gonna hit up that court as well

UN-DS these yesterday running errands. Definitely got a lot of attention.

The more I reflect on Kobe and his teachings.
I realized that his greatness is not just on the court but everything off the court as well.

He was ahead of his time. RIP.

Attachments

• 9134AD28-5D5C-46E3-A2D3-4E6DA6C42B86.jpeg
    9134AD28-5D5C-46E3-A2D3-4E6DA6C42B86.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 2883FEE3-A03D-4FBC-AAA5-79733267654F.jpeg
    2883FEE3-A03D-4FBC-AAA5-79733267654F.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
UN-DS these yesterday running errands. Definitely got a lot of attention.

The more I reflect on Kobe and his teachings.
I realized that his greatness is not just on the court but everything off the court as well.

He was ahead of his time. RIP.
Absolutely love those.

So people who received them in the post didn't get one?

Just trying to avoid fakes on ebay
What do you mean?

These were handed out to everyone at undefeated Santa Monica (can’t talk on the other locations but I think I’ve seen them from there too). It was a free bonus item

I don’t think the Nike shipments included them. I could be wrong

I loved the look from afar (I remember see Villanova wearing them during March Madness & was like "What are those?" but in a good way).

I wore them casually to Disneyland when I first got them & while they did turn heads they looked like some Zoom Kobe AD NXT Ronald McDonald's.
20220507_172025.jpg
Did the object eraser on my wife & daughter because they don't like being posted without approval. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣
Eraser effect pretty sick ngl

I loved the look from afar (I remember see Villanova wearing them during March Madness & was like "What are those?" but in a good way).

I wore them casually to Disneyland when I first got them & while they did turn heads they looked like some Zoom Kobe AD NXT Ronald McDonald's.
20220507_172025.jpg
Did the object eraser on my wife & daughter because they don't like being posted without approval. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Mans pulled a Back to the Future like

90.jpeg

What’s the odds these see movement and actually show up? Really starting to get worried about this “weather event” :frown:

906737B6-D772-4D52-B740-E91A78E69F76.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom