THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Since we're talking about Hyperdunks.
0409092132 Hyperdunk iD.jpg

My nephews & I at Brea park in January 2010. Gotta love being able to play outside year round in Cali!
2010-01-31 16.06.01.jpg

Those iD's & the black joints were my favorite that I owned. Would've loved the Aston Martin jump pair, but TN never got any Laker sh¡t.

My nephews & I at Brea park in January 2010. Gotta love being able to play outside year round in Cali!
2010-01-31 16.06.01.jpg

Those iD's & the black joints were my favorite that I owned. Would've loved the Aston Martin jump pair, but TN never got any Laker sh¡t.

Is that the white and navy pair with some red sprinkled in?
Loved that pair :nthat:

Although these were never a signature, I still liked how Kobe wore variations of the Hyperdunk with his logo on them along with the Kobe III during his lone MVP season in 2007-08 and in the 2008 Olympics. It was cool seeing him wear his signature and a Nike shoe with ties to him simultaneously that season.

Hyperdunk and Kobe 4 around 2008- were those the start of Nike going to plastic/fuse uppers? Can’t remember

Hyperdunk and Kobe 4 around 2008- were those the start of Nike going to plastic/fuse uppers? Can’t remember
Yes sir, Kobe kicked off the whole form fitting light weight mold to the foot shoe. Even the 3s were heading that direction but definitely Hyperdunk/4s.

Good question. But I couldn't tell you because I really don't know about the materials used like that.

I do remember Kobe stopped wearing the Hyperdunk after the 2008 Olympics and strictly wore the Kobe IV when the 2008-09 season started all the way to the end of it when the Lakers and him clinched the championship.

Yes sir, Kobe kicked off the whole form fitting light weight mold to the foot shoe. Even the 3s were heading that direction but definitely Hyperdunk/4s.

I'll always feel the Kobe IV changed the shoe game with the low-top cut/design with it being lightweight and internally soft. It was somewhat a taboo with wearing low-top shoes to play basketball for such a long time because of perceived injury potential due to lack of ankle support, especially on NBA courts predicated on the intensity and speed that's naturally a part of that level of competition and skill level.

The Kobe line with the low-top cut was innovative and influential because it became common for lots of NBA players to wear low-top shoes after the Kobe IV came out, including younger generation players who entered the league after he left the game in 2016.

The low-top Kobe shoes are perhaps the most comfortable signatures I ever wore in my life because they were light and soft on the inside. It's like the whole damn interior had cushioning all over.

I'm going to admit the Kobe signature line, particularly the low-top versions, is my second favorite signature line behind Michael Jordan. I'm just going to have to go with Jordans as my top favorite signature line because he did change the game with the innovative designs and optics on them. They've really endured time in the present and going forward. He's also the reason why the younger generation players after him have signature lines with him being the first NBA star to have his own line.

Good question. But I couldn't tell you because I really don't know about the materials used like that.

I do remember Kobe stopped wearing the Hyperdunk after the 2008 Olympics and strictly wore the Kobe IV when the 2008-09 season started all the way to the end of it when the Lakers and him clinched the championship.

I'll always feel the Kobe IV changed the shoe game with the low-top cut/design with it being lightweight and internally soft. It was somewhat a taboo with wearing low-top shoes to play basketball for such a long time because of perceived injury potential due to lack of ankle support, especially on NBA courts predicated on the intensity and speed that's naturally a part of that level of competition and skill level.

The Kobe line with the low-top cut was innovative and influential because it became common for lots of NBA players to wear low-top shoes after the Kobe IV came out, including younger generation players who entered the league after he left the game in 2016.

The low-top Kobe shoes are perhaps the most comfortable signatures I ever wore in my life because they were light and soft on the inside. It's like the whole damn interior had cushioning all over.

I'm going to admit the Kobe signature line, particularly the low-top versions, is my second favorite signature line behind Michael Jordan. I'm just going to have to go with Jordans as my top favorite signature line because he did change the game with the innovative designs and optics on them. They've really endured time in the present and going forward. He's also the reason why the younger generation players after him have signature lines with him being the first NBA star to have his own line.
I believe kobe wore a hybrid hyperdunk that had the outsole/tooling of the 4s. December 2008 in miami was when he debuted the 4s in the venom colorway

Since were going back into the vaults, is it true the 2K4 was going to be the Kobe 1 but since the rape case was pending they ended up pivoting…. The part that makes me unsure about that was that the 2K’s were a series… 2k3, 2k4, 2k5

Since were going back into the vaults, is it true the 2K4 was going to be the Kobe 1 but since the rape case was pending they ended up pivoting…. The part that makes me unsure about that was that the 2K’s were a series… 2k3, 2k4, 2k5
Now that is an interesting question because there is definitely a connection between those and Kobe.
Hadnt came on board until the 3s so hopefully someone else can fill us in.

While I can't answer that the 2K4 was going to be the Kobe 1 with 💯% certainty, these samples lead me to belive that they were.

nike-zoom-huarache-2k4-kobe-8-ball-sample-2-picsay.jpg

Speaking of the 08’, pulled out the white 🍐. The materials feels cheap though, however they were under $30. i was able to get a few of the red blue and white pairs.

This was the old days where you could use the never ending $10 survey gift card.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom