THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Thanks! Sorry for all of the questions, but it’s better to ask someone who has experience actually wearing the shoes.

I’ll keep looking at eBay and see if I can find any good deals. I’m trying to not spend over $250-$300 on them.

I like the 8’s visually more than the 11’s, so I’ll probably go with them. Like I said I hoop in Kyrie’s so light and agile is sort of my vibe.
8 are gonna retro next year I think… maybe we can get lucky…. One thing I wanted to mention is that the 11 is supremely comfortable. The way the laces lock down on the tongue and how the tongue is padded really locks in your foot. The 8 tongue was thin like paper and the laces applied a lot of pressure

8s def lighter than the Kobe 9s. And yea they were more flexible. The traction on my 2 pairs of 8s IDs are still solid... all from indoor hooping and my insoles are still in tact. The 8s are great to me as I'm a quick mover and they were lite. Never did the 9 lows... but the elite 9s.. liked the lock down with them being high.

If you like 8s and wear a size 14, let me know. I've got a few double-up pairs without boxes that I'd be happy to hook someone up with. I know the clock is ticking on OG pairs and I'm not going to wear all of mine. :nthat:

27294A69-C8F7-4F26-8D50-53847BD93536.jpeg

Mostly Kobe’s. 🐍
Nice collection fellow size 12 brother

I had two pairs of kobe 10s. The outside edge of the heel bubble flattened out / popped within two weeks of regularly hooping. Biggest shoe disappointment I had in a while.
Surprisingly that never happened to me, and I was the crazy one who actually took the Kobe 10s on those green tennis-court-like outdoor surfaces.
Looking back, now that I have access to indoor courts, I would love to try the Elite low 10s again.

I had two pairs of kobe 10s. The outside edge of the heel bubble flattened out / popped within two weeks of regularly hooping. Biggest shoe disappointment I had in a while.

20150602_135233_zpst8dvgosn.jpg

I had these & the "Blackouts". The Fundamentals was my casual shoe bought specifically for VacAnniversary 2015, but the Blackouts were purchased for ball.
First Kobe shoe that didn't feel right when going from the shoe box to the hardwood. Wore both casually for almost a year before they finally felt good enough to play in, but I still preferred my V's & VI's over them.

I had these & the "Blackouts". The Fundamentals was my casual shoe bought specifically for VacAnniversary 2015, but the Blackouts were purchased for ball.
First Kobe shoe that didn't feel right when going from the shoe box to the hardwood. Wore both casually for almost a year before they finally felt good enough to play in, but I still preferred my V's & VI's over them.
Fundamentals soooo clean. Thats why they were the only pairs of 10s I went after. I was looking for the simple white and black pair.... and these fit the bill.

Damn my fundamentals are so dirty now since I played in em heavy. I regret throwing out my milk snake 8's. Those things totally fell apart on me and bottomed out so I tossed em way back in the day. Only hoop shoes from long ago that I still have (non-protro models) are the lightbulb 6, black/yellow kobe 7 system, bruce lee 9, fundamentals, and blue exodus AD. Someone stole my all black 11's from my shoe rack outside when my house got broken into. Weird that they took it since it totally had no traction and were just outside because I couldn't use em no more. Way more stuff got taken from the inside anyway. Fk'n deadbeats can't buy their own things the legitimate way.

I remember trying on the blue/green launch color way at the Nike store and the upper made a popping noise cause it's so stiff/rigid. I understand all shoes need to be broken in but that felt OD.

I remember trying on the blue/green launch color way at the Nike store and the upper made a popping noise cause it's so stiff/rigid. I understand all shoes need to be broken in but that felt OD.
Still got my blue pair, they were so comfortable once you broke them in!

I don't think that guy knows what "mint condition" means.

It's too bad you've got little feet James_O James_O I could hook you up with a DS pair and extra drop-ins for less

Back
Top Bottom