THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

One of the main questions was if I'd like to see more limited releases or general releases. And what my favorite Kobe model is. I'm guessing they are still planning out the main releases for 2024 since they do things in a year in advance. I'm sure they'll do more market research on this.

On a side note, not related but related.

Code: P232064D-A
Incentive: $175
Who: Teens and Adults, 15-40 years old, who are sneakerheads and/or own a pair of celebrity collab sneakers
Duration: 2 hours + pre-group assignment
Date(s): February 22-27, 2023
Take Survey >> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LDD9892

FWIW, one of my pairs of Grinch protros had a production date in October...and those released in late December/Early January I believe.

One of the main questions was if I'd like to see more limited releases or general releases. And what my favorite Kobe model is. I'm guessing they are still planning out the main releases for 2024 since they do things in a year in advance. I'm sure they'll do more market research on this.

Who: Teens and Adults, 15-40 years old, who are sneakerheads and/or own a pair of celebrity collab sneakers

curious what did u say of ur favorite model

That question asking about limited vs general release grinds my gears. I don't know who in the right mind at Nike looked at the Kobe market for the past three years and thought "yup, more limited releases to please everyone".

FWIW, one of my pairs of Grinch protros had a production date in October...and those released in late December/Early January I believe.

Planning for that year's releases is done 9 to 12 months in advance. That's separate from the production/release date.

curious what did u say of ur favorite model

I picked the Kobe IV Venom. It's nostalgic to me. During that time frame, Jordan 2 Eminem, Kobe IV Venom, and Jordan XXIII Finale came out within a week of each other.

That question asking about limited vs general release grinds my gears. I don't know who in the right mind at Nike looked at the Kobe market for the past three years and thought "yup, more limited releases to please everyone".

Agreed. I said a mix of both is fine. I feel like everyone that wants a pair should have at least 1 Kobe instead of all the recent releases being limited and a lot of fans being left disappointed and angry.

So I guess with Gigi 4 and this Nike survey, Nike will protro any models maybe, beginning from 2k4, protro back zk1, ? Instead continuing 8, 9, etc.

2K4 retros???? Wow. Hoping they aren’t marketed as Kobes, because I really don’t want to fight hypebeasts for those.
If I remember correctly, Nike retro the 2k4 before, right? And I think they cheaped out on the cushion…

2K4 retros???? Wow. Hoping they aren’t marketed as Kobes, because I really don’t want to fight hypebeasts for those.

just my guess honestly, since I think those retroed before, and looks like Nike planning to bring back any Kobe releated models.

Looks like we won't see much this year as expected. But next year might be a different story.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 4.19.46 PM.png

I wonder how they decided who got that survey.

PO

His line is tricky tbh.

Before he died, that had a TON of inventory sent to outlets, on markdown, donated etc. Now that he died, everyone wants Kobes & in abundance.

It will be interesting to see the route they take.

PO

His line is tricky tbh.

Before he died, that had a TON of inventory sent to outlets, on markdown, donated etc. Now that he died, everyone wants Kobes & in abundance.

It will be interesting to see the route they take.

PO
The way I see it, kinda from Nike's perspective, is through budget and how much they can afford to offer us, the consumers. Back when Kobe's were hitting outlets (2018-19ish) Nike were producing not just the Protros, but ADs and AD NXTs, too. Kyrie and PG's lines were still going strong back then, too.
Now the lineup is down to LeBron, KD, Giannis, and Ja, so I'm willing to guess that there should be budget room for more Kobe's to be produced.
Talking about the Protros that hit outlets, the 1 probably wasn't attracting a lot of people with the old-school leather tank build (I think they're beasts though), and the 4 had the whole zoom fiasco going on. Personally I think they were slightly overpriced, too.

Back
Top Bottom