THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Nike trying to bury this line so bad lol.
Funny you say that…

I always felt during the original run they purposely cut the number of Kobe’s produced down to make it look as if Lebron line was doing better. Don’t think Nike felt it was a good look having the current face of the biz be out sold. And yet…Kobe’s still out sold em, and would still do so today, whether Kobe was living or not.

Well crap this happened last game I played:
363A1489-650E-4B15-A3C1-DEED63CEA687.jpeg
344BD1EB-4994-4FD7-B280-73F8A18A9C27.jpeg

Suggestions on what glue to use? I wanna fix it before it gets worse

Someone stepped on the foam and it separated the piece that says nikeZoom :smh:
Barge and wrap it with rubber bands or a clamp

Funny you say that…

I always felt during the original run they purposely cut the number of Kobe’s produced down to make it look as if Lebron line was doing better. Don’t think Nike felt it was a good look having the current face of the biz be out sold. And yet…Kobe’s still out sold em, and would still do so today, whether Kobe was living or not.

If my memory’s correct Kobe’s weren’t selling like that and they were on sale in outlets. :blush:

If my memory’s correct Kobe’s weren’t selling like that and they were on sale in outlets. :blush:
So were Lebrons 🤷🏾‍♂️

And what period are you speaking of? The original run or retro?

During the original run the Lebron vs Kobe sneaker battle was highly debated. Definitely remember numbers favoring Kobe’s, forced them to start releasing/debuting the 3 sigs(Bron, KD, Kobe) at different times.

So were Lebrons 🤷🏾‍♂️

And what period are you speaking of? The original run or retro?

During the original run the Lebron vs Kobe sneaker battle was highly debated. Definitely remember numbers favoring Kobe’s, forced them to start releasing/debuting the 3 sigs(Bron, KD, Kobe) at different times.

The original runs.

I don't have sales data, I just remember 9's, 10's and 11's at outlets and on sale.

Also saw 5'a years ago on sale at outlets.

Obviously every shoe can end up in outlets, just saying Kobe's weren't worn like is being projected.

Kobe's for the most part were basketball shoes, meaning people bought them to play basketball in and not wear casually.

Meaning they weren't being collected and cherished, they were being worn so most weren't thought of as hype unless it was a special edition.

The original runs.

I don't have sales data, I just remember 9's, 10's and 11's at outlets and on sale.

Also saw 5'a years ago on sale at outlets.

Obviously every shoe can end up in outlets, just saying Kobe's weren't worn like is being projected.

Kobe's for the most part were basketball shoes, meaning people bought them to play basketball in and not wear casually.

Meaning they weren't being collected and cherished, they were being worn so most weren't thought of as hype unless it was a special edition.
The peak of the run was 4-8(maybe not 7). So yeah, you definitely could find 9s and up at outlets. Almost bought WTK 10s for $100 lol.

Where I stay Kobe’s weren’t available like that, not until 9. Could only get them from HOH locations.

The peak of the run was 4-8(maybe not 7). So yeah, you definitely could find 9s and up at outlets. Almost bought WTK 10s for $100 lol.

Where I stay Kobe’s weren’t available like that, not until 9. Could only get them from HOH locations.

Gotcha!

I viewed Kobe's like most as basketball shoes to play in so I didn't really pay attention to them for a long time.

I remembered seeing the 5's at the outlet because I tried them on and thought about getting them for basketball...

Then I remembered at the time that I didn't play basketball! :rofl:

You're probably right about peak being 4-8.

I just remember seeing 9's and up at outlets and being had for cheap.

Even the Protros until...

tons of 4s-7s were at outlets too. kobe V USA, inks, lakers aways could be copped for 50 bucks. kobe 6 imperial purples at FTL for $29.99 in 2013. del sol 7s too.

kobe 8s were the one where i was surprised how few of them ended up at outlets. i think only the TBs and some BHMs ended up there while all the other GRs flew.

tons of 4s-7s were at outlets too. kobe V USA, inks, lakers aways could be copped for 50 bucks. kobe 6 imperial purples at FTL for $29.99 in 2013. del sol 7s too.

kobe 8s were the one where i was surprised how few of them ended up at outlets. i think only the TBs and some BHMs ended up there while all the other GRs flew.

Thanks for chiming in with valid info.

It's expected that when a celebrity passes that things associated with them become more valuable and coveted but many have no recollection on the actual history before they passed.

Thanks for chiming in with valid info.

It's expected that when a celebrity passes that things associated with them become more valuable and coveted but many have no recollection on the actual history before they passed.
I didn’t say all Kobe’s sold or none hit outlets.
Depending on where you stay I’m pretty sure many hit did. I bought Inks and Inline Vs for dirt cheap from a outlet, but from spots out of state.

But that’s not my point. My point was to speak on the idea of Nike not caring about the line or sabotaging it in a sense, which I doubt but understand what dude was saying. My recollection of this time is strong, and many of us were deep into it. I speak on the subject as if he’s still here. I have no clue where numbers came from or how they were obtained. But when the Lebron vs Kobe sneaker debate would happen there were times where someone brought in numbers. No matter how it was put, it always showed that Kobe’s were out selling Lebrons. Even when they split up how they would release the 3 sigs, Kobe’s still were on top.

And yeah, I’m the opposite of all the playing basketball stuff lol. I was collecting, I was cherishing lol. Rocked mine casually.

Depending on where you stay I’m pretty sure many hit did. I bought Inks and Inline Vs for dirt cheap from a outlet, but from spots out of state.

But that’s not my point. My point was to speak on the idea of Nike not caring about the line or sabotaging it in a sense, which I doubt but understand what dude was saying. My recollection of this time is strong, and many of us were deep into it. I speak on the subject as if he’s still here. I have no clue where numbers came from or how they were obtained. But when the Lebron vs Kobe sneaker debate would happen there were times where someone brought in numbers. No matter how it was put, it always showed that Kobe’s were out selling Lebrons. Even when they split up how they would release the 3 sigs, Kobe’s still were on top.
Yea you spot on. Hooping wise and casually they were lighter and sleeker than Brons which were heavier and chunkier at a time period. Lebron 3s,4s,5s,6s... not until the 7s with the flywire era. The 8s were heavily liked.. as well as the 9s... but then they navigated back to the chunky style. And for reminders... Brons models were 2 ahead of Kobes. So kobe 7s and Lebron 9s. While kobes got lighter with 8s..9ss... lebrons 10s and 11s... then 12s..13s. Yea them joints weighing you down

No they didn’t. Huge Kobe fan but they didn’t outsell Lebrons. Kobe’s were only sold at FTL and NDC for the longest time. Lebrons were at FTL, Champs, FTA, Finish Line, Hibbetts and Athletes Foot. The Kobe I, II and III were almost invisible. I remember I used to get mad by remember the Lebron Solider line was wildly successful. I believe KD line might have done better than the Kobes. Kobes were more of an underground cult hit after the Kobe IV.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...340-million-for-nike-in-2014/?sh=760b90354e56

https://amp.www.complex.com/sneakers/2014/02/best-selling-signature-basketball-sneaker-lines-2013

Back
Top Bottom