THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I’ve been researching reps lately, There’s a batch of rep 6s called ‘World Killers’ that have forefoot and heel zoom units. They’re supposedly lighter, bouncier and more wide footer friendly but durability could be an issue depending on the pair. Seems they’re literally more protro than Protros….

Also the God Killer batch is supposed to be damn near 1:1 a shoe tuber (dghoops) got a pair of EYBL 6s off GOAT (iirc?) and people told him they were reps, he got super defensive and ended up bragging about selling back through goat and they passed authentication. Every time I see that cw now I automatically assume they’re reps. People are saying they feel just like retail pairs on court.

They’re also making really good GT Cut 1s and God Killer is supposed to drop a 5 soon that is highly anticipated. S2 is another 5 batch that is supposedly really close to retail pairs. As far as I know the good pairs can only be sniffed out by the collar padding but I could be wrong, that’s just from what I’ve read/ seen the last week or so.

I’ve been researching reps lately, There’s a batch of rep 6s called ‘World Killers’ that have forefoot and heel zoom units. They’re supposedly lighter, bouncier and more wide footer friendly but durability could be an issue depending on the pair. Seems they’re literally more protro than Protros….

Also the God Killer batch is supposed to be damn near 1:1 a shoe tuber (dghoops) got a pair of EYBL 6s off GOAT (iirc?) and people told him they were reps, he got super defensive and ended up bragging about selling back through goat and they passed authentication. Every time I see that cw now I automatically assume they’re reps. People are saying they feel just like retail pairs on court.

They’re also making really good GT Cut 1s and God Killer is supposed to drop a 5 soon that is highly anticipated. S2 is another 5 batch that is supposedly really close to retail pairs. As far as I know the good pairs can only be sniffed out by the collar padding but I could be wrong, that’s just from what I’ve read/ seen the last week or so.

yeah, tons of rep EYBL 6 hit GOAT... and eBay as well, so stay away folks

I play in godkiller 6s. They are very good, I prefer them to my lebron 20s. Great traction and very bouncy zoom and the same amazing fit we all love about Kobe’s. I prob wear godkillers 3-4 days a week on the court and the brons 1-2 times.

I had 6 pairs of OG Kobe 6 back in the day, but struck out on all the protro releases and didn’t want to pay resale. I do wish the Godkiller had the OG shape. It’s identical to the protro (narrow) so I had to go up a half size.

Oh god, what have I discovered on Reddit. Crazy with those EYBL 6s, Kay Yows, PJs, Chaos alts… yea I’m probably sticking away from buying secondary anymore. You’d seriously need a retail pair side by side to compare and even then, it looks close

Oh god, what have I discovered on Reddit. Crazy with those EYBL 6s, Kay Yows, PJs, Chaos alts… yea I’m probably sticking away from buying secondary anymore. You’d seriously need a retail pair side by side to compare and even then, it looks close

Went through the same a few weeks ago and was shocked. In terms Kobe 6's I would stay away from re-sellers, even GOAT and Stockx, mainly because reps for this model have become that good.

As long as the reps don't make you do this

1678286492658.gif

you should be good.

How much are reps anyway?

Random thought but if the rep makers like Godkiller want to tout their product as having better tech than the authentic, why not have the courage to put a watermark on the inside like the lining or insole? That way people who care/don't care about buying reps know what they're getting without pulling out a microscope.

Went through the same a few weeks ago and was shocked. In terms Kobe 6's I would stay away from re-sellers, even GOAT and Stockx, mainly because reps for this model have become that good.
Yup, thank god I scooped all my 6’s right after release couple years ago. And hit mambacitas for retail straight from Nike. Now I’m just gonna immediately think any Kay yow and EYBL 6 is a fake. But a damn good one at that. Ya’ll don’t tempt me going to the other side.

Good on you for balling in fakes. Me personally I wouldnt trust it
At the end of the day, it’s the same rubber, textiles, zoom , foam etc made in the same style Chinese factory with arguably higher quality control standards.

I’m not sure if you’re a collector or a hooper, but I play 10-15 hours a week and can’t spend $500+ for a pair of hoop shoes. I’ll play in these for 3 months, and replace with a new pair like I used to when Kobe’s were normal shoes that could be easily purchased for $130 retail.

One of these in this group pic is a godkiller, can you tell which?

Attachments

• EDD0E400-9888-4EB7-A68C-2E255954CEBF.jpeg
    EDD0E400-9888-4EB7-A68C-2E255954CEBF.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 266
Yup, thank god I scooped all my 6’s right after release couple years ago. And hit mambacitas for retail straight from Nike. Now I’m just gonna immediately think any Kay yow and EYBL 6 is a fake. But a damn good one at that. Ya’ll don’t tempt me going to the other side.
I would say 95% of eybl are godkillers unless you got it from some 16-18 year old who is a top player in the nation haha.

I did my share of research before paying resale on grinches and I think fake grinches are pretty easy to spot from the scale lining being too high. That’s the main tell, and if that was fixed it would be super hard. Although I think the scales and gradient effect isn’t right on fakes.

From B bigHazy32 top down view you can’t tell of course

Random thought but if the rep makers like Godkiller want to tout their product as having better tech than the authentic, why not have the courage to put a watermark on the inside like the lining or insole? That way people who care/don't care about buying reps know what they're getting without pulling out a microscope.
Watermark! And also a different box

I did my share of research before paying resale on grinches and I think fake grinches are pretty easy to spot from the scale lining being too high. That’s the main tell, and if that was fixed it would be super hard. Although I think the scales and gradient effect isn’t right on fakes.

From B bigHazy32 top down view you can’t tell of course
You’re 100% right. For whatever reason the grinches tend to have higher scale lining than other colorways. Also, godkillers don’t come in half sizes past 10.5. So if you’re buying 11.5, 12.5, 13.5 etc it’s most likely legit.

Can’t wait for reverse grinch 6s

Really any dope 6…
my exact sentiments. such a sucker for the 6. ima try for the gigi 4s but i cant wait for the reverse grinches.

fakes really out here running the world now. still cant get my mind around it

i guess i too am out on the secondary market search. Luckily i got my grinches and mambacitas without concern.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it’s the same rubber, textiles, zoom , foam etc made in the same style Chinese factory with arguably higher quality control standards.

I’m not sure if you’re a collector or a hooper, but I play 10-15 hours a week and can’t spend $500+ for a pair of hoop shoes. I’ll play in these for 3 months, and replace with a new pair like I used to when Kobe’s were normal shoes that could be easily purchased for $130 retail.

One of these in this group pic is a godkiller, can you tell which?

I'm a hooper and I hoop in all my Kobe's, including grinches. I have seen godkiller batch at my local gym and they look legit. My issue lies in the durability to prevent injury, I never doubted how they look (they look 99% like retail). The glue used by the factories may or may not be the same as the glue used by Nike (who knows) which is where my trust in these factories is 0. I've seen the posts on the kobereps subreddit whre the shoes have fallen apart after a few games. I don't need to do a hard cut and my knee gives out because of it.

You do you though.

I'm a hooper and I hoop in all my Kobe's, including grinches. I have seen godkiller batch at my local gym and they look legit. My issue lies in the durability to prevent injury, I never doubted how they look (they look 99% like retail). The glue used by the factories may or may not be the same as the glue used by Nike (who knows) which is where my trust in these factories is 0. I've seen the posts on the kobereps subreddit whre the shoes have fallen apart after a few games. I don't need to do a hard cut and my knee gives out because of it.

You do you though.
I feel that 100%

Last thing I’d want is to Zion my shoes, would be embarrassing as hell, and might injure my old ***.

Although my homie was hopping in some generic adidas and did the same thing lol. So it happens. But if it happens on some $1K shoes (in my size) everyone knows what time it is lol.

Would be cool if we could have a few shoot arounds, then some 21 or 3 on 3, and progress to full court- to get confidence they’re well built. But idk if it works like that lol. Maybe they’re a1 and give out with no warning…

I was just hooping with a guy this past sunday who was playing in mamabcitas outdoors. Now I'm forever gonna be thinking people are hooping in fakes, especially if they're worth a lot.

I don't intend on purchasing from r/repkobes or anything, but now I'm thinking I should retract my offers on goat for the PJs and chaos alts. I know those are 5's and it seems like the consensus is that 6's are the ones that are hard to differentiate. So for sure goat/ebay/sx are letting these GKBs through as authentic? I would think the rep makers or people buying reps would try to just sell em through those sites, which would cause a massive price tank. But I don't see that happening..yet at least.

At this point buying godkiller reps might even be better. Ppl who compare authentic Kobe 6 protos and the GK’s on court, say the GK’s are better in pretty much every aspect

F Nike for not making Kobe’s more available

Back
Top Bottom