THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I was just hooping with a guy this past sunday who was playing in mamabcitas outdoors. Now I'm forever gonna be thinking people are hooping in fakes, especially if they're worth a lot.

I don't intend on purchasing from r/repkobes or anything, but now I'm thinking I should retract my offers on goat for the PJs and chaos alts. I know those are 5's and it seems like the consensus is that 6's are the ones that are hard to differentiate. So for sure goat/ebay/sx are letting these GKBs through as authentic? I would think the rep makers or people buying reps would try to just sell em through those sites, which would cause a massive price tank. But I don't see that happening..yet at least.
With the PJs... even with it being a while ago. That blue on the toebox wasn't the same shade... like that was a dead give away. Tryna recall if I've seen Alts

With the PJs... even with it being a while ago. That blue on the toebox wasn't the same shade... like that was a dead give away. Tryna recall if I've seen Alts
Yeah from what I saw on that repkobes sub, I could immediately tell the blue was still not the right shade. I know TBG just recently dropped some stock couple months ago where you had to go in person and they sold to you without the box. And there was an online one where you had to submit a video with your best trick shot or something like that. Lmk if you hear anything on the alts. I see lowest BIN at 1.8k and my offer stands at 575 lol

At this point buying godkiller reps might even be better. Ppl who compare authentic Kobe 6 protos and the GK’s on court, say the GK’s are better in pretty much every aspect

F Nike for not making Kobe’s more available
Do you know guys that hoop in reps? And they’re good to go….

Do you know guys that hoop in reps? And they’re good to go….

I know 2 people personally that have been hooping in reps and they keep telling me they have 0 issues. Everyone's game and footwork different though, that's why some athletes need new shoes every week and some don't.

I have no issue with people wearing reps as long as if asked, you don't lie about them being retail and having connects or some nonsense.

Which reminds me of a classic story I share sometimes.. When the yeezy 350's were extremely popular and rare (at least in Canada), I saw some dude with them at the gym lifting weights. It was one of the first time's I saw yeezy's ever so I started a convo and he told me he's sponsored by adidas and they send him gear for free. He said he would "hook me up" but I had to pay him retail price. Dude was cappin' so hard but I went along with it cause it was hilarious. I'm sure dude believed his own lies. I think he told me he was a pro golfer and in my head I'm like "adidas ain't sponsoring some random clown from Canada that looks like you".

Yeah from what I saw on that repkobes sub, I could immediately tell the blue was still not the right shade. I know TBG just recently dropped some stock couple months ago where you had to go in person and they sold to you without the box. And there was an online one where you had to submit a video with your best trick shot or something like that. Lmk if you hear anything on the alts. I see lowest BIN at 1.8k and my offer stands at 575 lol
Yea I def tried for the in person giveaway at TBG... had a friend go and do the arcade shooting..... and he didn't shoot well enough. The video thing.... yea I didn't participate in that one.

Yea if I did ATLs... it's prob when there were fakes on OU of all of those.... BL, ALTS, PJs, Chaos'. It was these random accounts

Strictly for casual use only

86695276-972E-4561-8B91-FB4B3C0E782C.jpeg

teri-hatcher-on-seinfeld.png

Looks good, but yeah, once I touch reps, I know that'll be a rabbithole I'll go way too far into. How much do reps cost anyway? I assume less than 200 right?

Yeah fully I understand. Then again I won't judge anyone for deciding to go the Kobe rep route in this day and age. In many ways I feel Nike is doing this to themselves. Just make Kobes more available to the masses, and I'm sure most Kobe fans and hoopers wouldn't even consider going for reps. I know I wouldn't.

The Kickwho / Godkiller Kobe VI's cost $135-$140 (depending on the model (-$20 Reddit discount code) + international shipping.

I have to admit I entered the rabbithole and got myself a pair EYBL's, in my opinion one of the nicest Protros out there. Fakes used to be an absolute no-go for me but in the case of Kobes my view has changed. I'm sick and tired of how Nike has handled the Kobe line after his passing. I've never knowingly purchased fakes before but this time I consciously decided to cross the line to get a pair of shoes I know I won't be able to get, let alone afford. I'm neither proud nor am I ashamed of my decision to do so. It is what it is.

In terms of looks the EYBL's are about 98% accurate, compared to my original All-Stars and Playoff Protros. I've worn them casually as well as on court and they pretty much feel like the real thing. The only small difference I've noticed is that heel padding/lockdown feels a tad bit off... nothing tightening the laces can't solve. They are my go-to hoop shoe at the moment and like B bigHazy32 I prefer them over the Lebron 20's. I get mad compliments on the EYBL's, I let it sink in for a while, but always end up revealing that they are in fact fakes and people can't just believe it lol

Last edited:
Yeah fully I understand. Then again I won't judge anyone for deciding to go the Kobe rep route in this day and age. In many ways I feel Nike is doing this themselves. Just make Kobes more available to the masses, and I'm sure most Kobe fans and hoopers wouldn't even consider going for reps. I know I wouldn't.

The Kickwho / Godkiller Kobe VI's cost $135-$140 (depending on the model (-$20 Reddit discount code) + international shipping.

I have to admit I entered the rabbithole and got myself a pair EYBL's, in my opinion one of the nicest Protros out there. Fakes used to be an absolute no-go for me but in the case of Kobes my view has changed. I'm sick and tired of how Nike has handled the Kobe line after his passing. I've never knowingly purchased fakes before but this time I consciously decided to cross the line to get a pair of shoes I know I won't be able to get, let alone afford. I'm neither proud nor am I ashamed of my decision to do so. It is what it is.

In terms of looks the EYBL's are about 98% accurate, compared to my original All-Stars and Playoff Protros. I've worn them casually as well as on court and they pretty much feel like the real thing. The only small difference I've noticed is that heel padding/lockdown feels a tad bit off... nothing tightening the laces can't solve. They are my go-to hoop shoe at the moment and like B bigHazy32 I prefer them over the Lebron 20's. I get mad compliments on the EYBL's, I let it sink in for a while, but always end up revealing that they are in fact fakes and people can't just believe it lol
Respect your view on here 100. i personally would never but i see how it is so impossible to obtain such a lovely product that nike is dropping the ball on

when you say 98% accurate what is missing in that 2% that is off? jut the heel issue?

Yeah fully I understand. Then again I won't judge anyone for deciding to go the Kobe rep route in this day and age. In many ways I feel Nike is doing this themselves. Just make Kobes more available to the masses, and I'm sure most Kobe fans and hoopers wouldn't even consider going for reps. I know I wouldn't.

Appreciate the insight 100% Everything from batches, sellers, price, etc. Not gonna lie, I am tempted, but ultimately think I'll stay away from reps. I just know I'd want those eybl's you got, the kay yows, and then eventually double back to some of the 5's I really want. I agree that Nike is doing it to themselves at this point. Limited stock, very few drops throughout the year trying to build hype. Not judging anyone who goes the rep route at this point in time. They're pretty much identical and has similar tech/feel.

I'm curious about those reverse grinches in holiday 2023. Seems like rep makers already have the blueprint for an almost 1:1 Kobe 6. I know some mentioning the scale height as a sign of reps on the grinches, but if they correct that and can get the color right on em, I'll be really hesitant to pay resell if I strike out later this year.

Feels like the vast majority of us are on the same boat...I also went on a deep dive on reps as well (godkiller etc) within the past few years. At first I was highly against reps/fakes but Nike's inability to produce with the high demand and their straight up "f u" to the consumers have changed my mind.

Reps are 1. getting way to good. 2. Even if I end up buying aftermarket, there's still a chance of a rep falling through the cracks. So in the back of my head a $600 that passed say stockx could be a $160 reps. 3. if i were to buy a GK id be comfortable enough to play in them. They're made in the same facilities etc plus I'm no were near a Zion to worry about them exploding on me. 4. I see a lot of people across the few gyms that I go to play in the Grinches. I just assume theyre all fake anyways lol and i dont care anymore. Buy what you want with your own money and if you're happy, cool. People turning to fakes and others ultimately excepting fakes is Nikes own doing.

With all that being said, with Nike's reup with the Kobe line..I am only buying via Nike or whoever is going to be license to sell them now (ie ftl dsg etc). I’m not going the aftermarket route for the upcoming Kobe releases and paying $400 plus. And no more driving to 8 different stores for raffle tickets. If I get ”selected” during the bs draw…cool..if not I’m moving forward to the next drop.

Sorry for the rant. Felt like therapy for all the Ls I caught since his untimely passing. 🧘🏽

For those that missed the Seinfield reference, the EYBLs that I posted are authentic. Sorry for the confusion.
I got it lol. I thought those look legit. Even went started watching some Seinfeld after lol.

I think Nike is dropping the ball by not releasing more Kobes. HOWEVER, I've had so many opportunities to buy Kobes throughout the years up until his passing. Hopefully they release again but I'm grateful. I'm also old.

Last edited:

Kinda funny, I hooped in mine today. Get nothing but compliments and I’ll tell people I know that they are reps. If it’s a stranger I just say thanks. Wear what you enjoy, at the end of the day it’s your money and your feet. Just get buckets lol.

Attachments

• 4581B64D-581A-416B-A41E-9332B74D51C0.jpeg
    4581B64D-581A-416B-A41E-9332B74D51C0.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 865331E5-2306-4E5C-901D-2ACD6032ADBC.jpeg
    865331E5-2306-4E5C-901D-2ACD6032ADBC.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 131
Back
Top Bottom