THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Can someone please clear this up once and for all so I can copy paste it and send it to a friend who claims to know better:

True or false, prior to 2013 when the protros started dropping, most of the OG Kobes that released made it to outlets?

Don’t see all the fuss is about. You like or don’t like, buy or don’t buy.

At one point people were complaining about where are the Kobe’s after the new contract.

Half of 2023 is almost done, there’s a second half of the year left to see what happens.

Can someone please clear this up once and for all so I can copy paste it and send it to a friend who claims to know better:

True or false, prior to 2013 when the protros started dropping, most of the OG Kobes that released made it to outlets?

Protros didn’t drop until after Kobe’s retirement in 2016. The first Kobe protro (Kobe 1) came out in 2018.

I did see in older forums that some, not all the OG Kobe models made it to outlets.

Last edited:
I don't think a lot of 8s and 9s went to outlet (granted I was in Taiwan and outlets are rare/not quite the same).
For the 10s only the later and less-popular color ways went to outlet (I remember seeing a lot of the Pain and Emerald City 10s).
11s I've only seen EM models in outlets (no Flyknit Elites).
A lot of ADs went to outlet since Kobe retired and never wore them on court.
Protro 1s went to outlet bc some people think they're too heavy/$185 leather but not a Jordan.

Protros didn’t drop until after Kobe’s retirement in 2016. The first Kobe protro (Kobe 1) came out in 2018.

I did see in older forums that some, not all the OG Kobe models made it to outlets.
My bad, I meant the preludes not protros. I think I remember the preludes coming out right after the Jordan Bred 1s and riding that hype to make Nike.com hell.

My bad, I meant the preludes not protros. I think I remember the preludes coming out right after the Jordan Bred 1s and riding that hype to make Nike.com hell.
Preludes were 2014. 8s were 2013. But yea I don't recall them at outlets... and to be fair... I wasn't really searching.... I had a Swoosh connect, so 8s weren't sought out there for me

Got some info on the meaning behind the triple white 8s and I guess them being the first "regular" release since the accident. As per one of my Kobe guys...
"Kobe being Vanessa's angel and vice versa"

Edit:
First release since the contract renewal not tied to GiGi

Last edited:
Blackout Kobe 6s for the W.

Attachments

• IMG_7298.jpeg
    IMG_7298.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 374
Preludes were 2014. 8s were 2013. But yea I don't recall them at outlets... and to be fair... I wasn't really searching.... I had a Swoosh connect, so 8s weren't sought out there for me
Preludes were December 2013 I believe. I’m basing that on where I lived at the time they dropped and remembering the compounding Ls.

I don’t remember the 8s…but I remember getting a pair of 9 Details at the outlets. The 9 thread gave the # and Outlet location to cop.

I’m no expert but I’d bet those are reps. Laces look off and swoosh doesn’t have the spray paint effect. Could be wrong thiugh

Back
Top Bottom