THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Looks like a pretty limited realease too
how did you figure they are limited? 

Also do you know if these will drop on nike.com or just SNKRS only

i was thinking since the flip the switch are not showing up on SNKRS, they would be a general release on nike.com? 

im not sure whether to go for these or the time to shines..

Last edited:
Frontal view of the white/black NXT releasing 5/12
View media item 2423583
Also a black pair from the same seller
s-l1600.jpg

Got the Flip the Switch for retail
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=kobe+ad&_sacat=0

Last edited:
HOHs near me aren't bothering with these.  They're going to 2nd tier FLs, and a lot of them.  I think these will be easily had at discount.  Don't see these on SNKRS yet either.  

Has it been confirmed if the Time to Shine is even coming out?   Seems like Nike is just 'mailing it in' at this point with the Kobe line until the next year's model.

Last edited:

Has it been confirmed if the Time to Shine is even coming out?   Seems like Nike is just 'mailing it in' at this point with the Kobe line until the next year's model.
I hope next year's model doesn't look like a Venomenon, which I just realized Nike skipped on this year.

I hope next year's model doesn't look like a Venomenon, which I just realized Nike skipped on this year.
I would think they shook things up with next years model.  Just look at this board.  It's only at 81 pages this late in the game.  We should see a leak of the new model soon, and official images in about 90 days or so.

Last edited:
FWIW, NBA players that have shoe contracts are usually obligated to wear the latest models.  The fact that guys are using the ADs at the moment isn't necessarily a testament to their being better or worse than the XI or any previous model. 

John Wall was an Adidas guy until he decided they didn't pay him enough.  In his sneaker 'free agency' he was rocking the Kobe XI Curials and Mangos, once he signed with Nike it was right to the AD.

Isaiah was also wearing the XIs exclusively until the ADs came out.  Derozan too.

I don't believe there is any difference between retail models and the ones on pro feet.  Sometimes they have their own custom colorways or custom insoles but the shoes are the same.  

FWIW, NBA players that have shoe contracts are usually obligated to wear the latest models.  The fact that guys are using the ADs at the moment isn't necessarily a testament to their being better or worse than the XI or any previous model. 

John Wall was an Adidas guy until he decided they didn't pay him enough.  In his sneaker 'free agency' he was rocking the Kobe XI Curials and Mangos, once he signed with Nike it was right to the AD.

Isaiah was also wearing the XIs exclusively until the ADs came out.  Derozan too.

I don't believe there is any difference between retail models and the ones on pro feet.  Sometimes they have their own custom colorways or custom insoles but the shoes are the same.  

this is false.

no 'different cushion setup' or 'obligation' to wear the latest. where do people come up with this stuff?

also, derozan has rocked FTB kobe's plenty of times this season while the AD's have been out.

Back
Top Bottom