THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

2 ADs dropping on the same day, and neither are NXTs?  Nike trying to speed up releases and get to the next yrs model?  Hope so.

BTW...looks like the new iridescent option is about to come down from ID.  The black iridescent upper option is gone.

Last edited:
Damn, I missed out on that Kobe ID with the rasta sole lol...It's been on my cart for 2 days and couldn't pull the trigger until I sold my OVO 12's. Sold it this morning and naturally, the Kobe ID is gone.
mean.gif

Kobe NXT:

Just got my NXTs. Fire.

Has anyone lace swapped? Seems like you can, but the first lace hole (closest to the toes) doesn't seem like it can be removed. How is it attached? Has anyone lace swapped?

I took off the snake head lace tips and it is two pieces that snap together holding the lace end. So you can reuse with new laces, but how the hell do you get the laces off?

Kobe NXT:

Just got my NXTs. Fire.

Has anyone lace swapped? Seems like you can, but the first lace hole (closest to the toes) doesn't seem like it can be removed. How is it attached? Has anyone lace swapped?

I took off the snake head lace tips and it is two pieces that snap together holding the lace end. So you can reuse with new laces, but how the hell do you get the laces off?
Search Kobe NXT on Instagram. Someone lace swapped a failed attempt at the Grinches.

@mindmarathon appreciate the research and the pics with it! however, i was referring to GRs and also TRUE Laker CW which is V and VII Homes from those list. i wouldnt consider Carpe Diem as a true Laker CW. to me, it can only contain either Purple, Gold, and White.
That's an unusually strict criteria for Laker colorways that I've never heard of lol. You wouldn't count any of the away colorways with purple, gold, and black as Laker colorways even if they're what Kobe and his teammates wore on the court?

I generally see a true laker colorway as a shoe that has both purple and gold/yellow on it.

However, I do believe that they can be considered laker cw's with just one of those colors. Lighter themes being home, darker being away. I just think having both truly solidifies it.

I'm not going to say that purple gradients aren't a lakers cw. I think execution of the colors plays a factor, when I see the 10s posted above they don't say lakers to me. Outside of that I think the list is pretty solid.

Saw these NXT's on someone's ig who's based overseas. Hope these are coming here. Also can't wait to play in my mine tomorrow. 

Those does look like fakes. I've seen fakes in that same exact colorway without the nike swoosh on the midsole and another with the same colorway with a fake double hooked swoosh.

Who knows, maybe those two fakes I mentioned were fakes of that pair above...

That's an unusually strict criteria for Laker colorways that I've never heard of lol. You wouldn't count any of the away colorways with purple, gold, and black as Laker colorways even if they're what Kobe and his teammates wore on the court?

i always consider it by the home and away jersey and not some alternate or special edition jerseys the Team or NBA creates just to make money like Hollywood night jerseys. if you wear black, purple, and gold like those NXT up there and wear it with this jersey... View media item 2410047

i always consider it by the home and away jersey and not some alternate or special edition jerseys the Team or NBA creates just to make money like Hollywood night jerseys. if you wear black, purple, and gold like those NXT up there and wear it with this jersey...
Guess I just see it more like mastralf mastralf mentioned, and I'd consider colorways with both purple and gold/yellow to be "true" Laker colorways. I look at white, black, or grey as just neutral base colors for most shoes, and in those cases, the other colors on the shoe are what define its overall colorway to me.

If you're going very strictly off of the home/away jerseys, I guess you would only count colorways with purple/gold/white like you said, but the white just acts as a neutral color to me on the jerseys. Purple and gold are all I really think of when I think Laker colors, and to me they can be used with other neutral colors and still mean "Laker".

IMO it doesn't make sense to say "Laker Away" colorways from over the years aren't true Laker colorways because they had black or grey. Kobe and the team also wore them in away games, and Nike referred to them as Laker Away colorways.

But hey, that's just how I look at it. I could see it from your side too. Either way, I think we can agree that Nike hasn't dropped enough colorways with both purple and gold for Lakers fans since the 8s. Don't think they've released multiple colorways with both purple and gold since the 7s.

Last edited:
3 games in. I LOVE these shoes! After figuring out how to properly lace them (right foot) they feel even better. Grip is amazing & now I see what you all were talking about regarding real Zoom.

Back
Top Bottom