THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I'm sure more than likely it varies at store, but I stopped by two nearby House of Hoops today and both were pretty consistent as far as AD's that were on sale

Discounted ($99):
  • Flip the Switch
  • Navy
  • Red
  • Oregon
  • White (I think one store still had at regular price)
Retail ($160): 
  • Triple black
  • White/Gold
  • Bone
  • Igloo
  • Purple
Also, the grey NXT's were regular price at one store but $120 at the other...Volt; Black/white colorway still at retail

Think they may be $99.99 in footlocker stores now?

Anyways if you want to do a larger order ($400+) you could pay $20 for eastbays gold club membership. they give a 25% off one time use promo code that expires in a year. 
Rizzepped! I'll hit up Foot Locker after we see Spider Man on Friday. I really done with the A.D.'s but if I can get those Black Mambas for $100 I'll grab them. 

I'm sure more than likely it varies at store, but I stopped by two nearby House of Hoops today and both were pretty consistent as far as AD's that were on sale

Discounted ($99):
  • Flip the Switch
  • Navy
  • Red
  • Oregon
  • White (I think one store still had at regular price)
Retail ($160): 
  • Triple black
  • White/Gold
  • Bone
  • Igloo
  • Purple
Also, the grey NXT's were regular price at one store but $120 at the other...Volt; Black/white colorway still at retail
That's odd I thought all footlocker stores followed the same pricing especially since you can go in store and order something through the store for the same prices you see in store

this isn't up to date but when I was in store 2 weeks ago

the triple black and white/gold were the only retail ones

flip the switch, navy, red, and bones were all 99.99.  

I believe that some stores may get the heads up quicker than others that an item has been discounted. Can't remember if this was at FTL or not but I have taken shoes up to the counter for checkout and there price rang up lower than was marked

I believe that some stores may get the heads up quicker than others that an item has been discounted. Can't remember if this was at FTL or not but I have taken shoes up to the counter for checkout and there price rang up lower than was marked
oh thats true. i have noticed the same at champs and footlocker with shoes, socks and other items

Looks like that Red/Black NXT is dropping the 15th. It's actually a Demar DeRozan PE.

NIKE KOBE AD NXT
RELEASE : JULY 15TH, 2017
PRICE: $200
Color: University Red/Bright Crimson/Black
Style Code: 882049-600

Last edited:

The ADs are a nice shoe out the box (was blown away by the traction). But man, after a relatively long break in period by today's standards (MAYBE 3 hooping sessions), they're one of my all time favs. Only improvement I would've made was to the outrigger, though it isn't a deal breaker. Like mindmarathon said, too many people influenced by the opinions of a few (Nightwing) and too many people didn't give it enough time to break in.
I played my first game in the Kobe ADs today... holy macro, they're awesome!!!

Traction was great right out of the box even on a dusty court. I got the University Red colourway. At first they felt pretty loose in the heel but tightening up the laces fixed that. Cushioning is awesome, I don't know why people moan about it. It's not super soft like full zoom, but since I'm coming from Kobe Mentalities... these are much better. I'm really like these already.

^yea, i've gotten mixed reviews from friends as well, some say they are pretty awesome, but some say it's just meh...performance wise.

i just copped a pair of ADs in red for 45 bux and will hoop in them tomorrow, so i'm excited.

my friend who got a pair first said it's a basic nike hoop shoe, but for 160 i would think it's more than just basic.

^yea, i've gotten mixed reviews from friends as well, some say they are pretty awesome, but some say it's just meh...performance wise.

i just copped a pair of ADs in red for 45 bux and will hoop in them tomorrow, so i'm excited.
how did you get em for 45?

The 9s are definitely the best in that group, if not of all time. was that godly. I'd say then the XI EMs, I feel like they're the spiritual successor of the 9s tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Can someone chime in on traction between generations of Kobes?

I'm interested in ranking these in particular:

Kobe AD NXT

Kobe 9 EM Low

very very good traction, definitely a 10/10

Kobe 11 EM Low (with solid outsole)

Kobe Mamba Instinct

Kobe Mentality 2

i didn't have any issues with the traction, but it felt like it's just a small fraction of a second slower in stopping power, so i would give it 9/10 since it does affect my confidence in movement a little bit

Thanks!

edit:

I've personally tried the 9 EM Low and Mentality 2, and I'm pretty sure the 9 EM Low's traction is better. But I would love to hear how the others stack up!

edit:

I heard that the Kobe AD's traction was pretty bad, but Kobe AD NXT was vastly improved even though the pattern stayed the same

Back
Top Bottom