THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Serious question, I wasn’t a really big Kobe Shoe guy, I do have a pair, but not to the extent most of you all do, which shoe was it that put his shoe above a lot of signature Nike athletes? I remember wayyyyyyy before he passed and when Kobe’s dropped, it seemed like there was a time when they were just available, then all of a sudden they were scarce and demanded high *** resell prices.

Nike normalized the use of low-top basketball shoes with the Kobe 4.

But every Kobe sat until his death.

Serious question, I wasn’t a really big Kobe Shoe guy, I do have a pair, but not to the extent most of you all do, which shoe was it that put his shoe above a lot of signature Nike athletes? I remember wayyyyyyy before he passed and when Kobe’s dropped, it seemed like there was a time when they were just available, then all of a sudden they were scarce and demanded high *** resell prices.
Before last year, it was you could get more drops with ease (Yes you’d have some that still miss out). Kobes have mostly been you could get the normal colors with relative ease. Collabs and special colorways were always a bit harder to get.

I’m going to say Anything after that Galaxy All star pack out kobes more on the map. 6’s is where they started to take off

but the 4’s is where the began
Most kobes you’d have that small group that would buy to flip. Most were collecting them and rocking them and then a few years later prices would shoot up because pairs were being used to hoop/rock/ etc

The 4 is what I'd say. That's when all the crazy colorways started happening. The hyperdunk had a couple Kobe colorways that were heat but I remember the 2s not being that popular and the 3s being polarizing.
I still remember getting the first colorway (ASG) of the 1s just walking into the store in the middle of the day and the dude was like "these have been sitting all day."

Check out when I bought the Kobe 4 all stars... the night before 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-190624_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210603-190624_eBay.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 304

Resell and scarcity hit after his death but his line has ALWAYS been above the other sig shoes in terms of design and performance. Meanwhile, Lebrons continue to be clunkers and everyone else’s shoe is generic AF.

Last edited:
Nike isn’t Somme
I’ve always preferred Kobe’s but mostly because he was my favorite player... I don’t really feel like his line “is above” any other line it’s more about what your needs are as an athlete because Nike signature lines have just about every lane covered.

What I’ve always like about the Kobe line from a performance aspect was the fit and the traction…almost always consistently great. But at the same time, there’s also been times when because of when I started having cknee problems I needed a shoe with better cushioning/more support and that’s when I started wearing kicks from the KD or Lebron line…of course with those two there was a sacrifice of fit and in some cases the traction as well. I started wearing Kyries once they improved the cushioning…K4-6, and those gave me a nice balance of everything I liked or needed in a shoe…traction, fit, cushioning and support. Even tried some of the PG line which were good performers but felt super basic on my feet 😂

Ultimately I ended up back in all Kobe’s because he’s my favorite dude… but that’s just my experience

Nike isn’t Somme

I’ve always preferred Kobe’s but mostly because he was my favorite player... I don’t really feel like his line “is above” any other line it’s more about what your needs are as an athlete because Nike signature lines have just about every lane covered.

What I’ve always like about the Kobe line from a performance aspect was the fit and the traction…almost always consistently great. But at the same time, there’s also been times when because of when I started having cknee problems I needed a shoe with better cushioning/more support and that’s when I started wearing kicks from the KD or Lebron line…of course with those two there was a sacrifice of fit and in some cases the traction as well. I started wearing Kyries once they improved the cushioning…K4-6, and those gave me a nice balance of everything I liked or needed in a shoe…traction, fit, cushioning and support. Even tried some of the PG line which were good performers but felt super basic on my feet 😂

Ultimately I ended up back in all Kobe’s because he’s my favorite dude… but that’s just my experience

You don’t deserve to wear Kobe’s!

You’re whining about some cushioning a knee pain?

Go get some Lebron’s because you’re

1622772036975.gif

Joking :rofl:

For me, it seemed like the Kobe 8 was the appetizer and then the IX blew it wide open. I’m still a flyknit fan so the days of multicolor and NikeID on that model were the good ol’ days IMO lol

For me, it seemed like the Kobe 8 was the appetizer and then the IX blew it wide open. I’m still a flyknit fan so the days of multicolor and NikeID on that model were the good ol’ days IMO lol

The 9 blow it wide open, I remember when they were debuted.

With Devin booker’s performance, let us remember Nike released a Kobe AD with Booker on the swoosh :lol:

1622825309818.jpeg

I remember that! LOL! It is time that BOOK will receive his own signature shoe, the Nike Book 1 or the Air Devin 1, whatever you folks like best!

Back
Top Bottom