THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Would love to also see the production date on this pair from rookie, Josh Giddey, who just signed with Nike last month...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.46.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.46.11 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
That's a TB colorway. These teams are flooded with gear every year and just keep pairs like that for try-outs, staff, whatever. Dude probably went digging in his size and found those, not a huge mystery.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but if Nike had completely given up on reaching any deals with Vanessa, then they wouldn't keep giving these PEs to players to wear. Why would they promote a product/brand that's soon going to compete against them?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but if Nike had completely given up on reaching any deals with Vanessa, then they wouldn't keep giving these PEs to players to wear. Why would they promote a product/brand that's soon going to compete against them?

What else are they gonna do with the shoes? They can’t sell them.

They’re already made. They can’t sell those but at least it keeps eyes on the Nike symbol

Would some Kobe 6s from 2010 hold up with very casual wear? A guy has some Duke 6s in pretty great condition and that is one of my favorite Kobe colorways. Scared they’re going to turn to dust as soon as I touch them though…

They'll be fine, especially if they're slightly used. Worst that could happen is they'd need a re-glue.

Do y’all remember back in the day there were pics of some volleyball shoe that looked like a “Kobe-less” 6? Can’t exactly remember, maybe it had the 6 heel cup, I feel like it didn’t have the scales though?

Do y’all remember back in the day there were pics of some volleyball shoe that looked like a “Kobe-less” 6? Can’t exactly remember, maybe it had the 6 heel cup, I feel like it didn’t have the scales though?

You are talking about the Nike Zoom Hyperattack. Basically a volleyball Kobe, with heel and forefoot zoom, same heel cup with no scales. You can actually still find them for a fair price if you get lucky. Some retailers even have them.

edit: sorry, the heel cup is not exactly the same, very close anyways.

Is Nike on some sort of player agreement deal where they still make shoes for the players but not the public? There’s no way these colorways were all made before the contract expired :lol:

Also I guess whoever has those Mamba Forever 6’s is sitting on a gold mine

Back
Top Bottom