THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

As far as 8 cw's: playoff purple gradient, milk snake, easter, what the, prelude, shanghai sparks, green glow, pit viper, and both elite cw's would be my favorites. Any one of those protro'd would be fine by me

"Away" IDs

20230715_145945.jpg

Very skeptical on the relaunch of the Kobe brand. Nothing they release will be attainable when they launch, paving the way for resellers again. Hope I’m wrong but every time I see the reverse grinch colorway, I think “I would totally cop but probably won’t be able to at retail”

Very skeptical on the relaunch of the Kobe brand. Nothing they release will be attainable when they launch, paving the way for resellers again. Hope I’m wrong but every time I see the reverse grinch colorway, I think “I would totally cop but probably won’t be able to at retail”
Only results will tell, that or Nike has got to be very transparent on these new releases and actually change up the release method. And I don't mean the "exclusive access to those who missed" BS.
Other NTers have already pointed out options: pre-order, BTO on NBT.

I always thought the Venice Beaches were a callback to this Kobe 6 that shall not be named…

Is there a back story / insider joke as to why this particular Kobe 6 can't be named? I've always like the Venice Beaches and it is one of the few upcoming colorways I would definitely be interested in. I've never owned a pair of Kobe 8's btw.

I always thought the Venice Beaches were a callback to this Kobe 6 that shall not be named…
i haven’t pulled “that” shoe out in years.
The original nickname never mad sense in the first place, especially when comparing the colorway to the supposed inspiration. They’ve always been “Glass Blue” to me. If I still had a pair they definitely would’ve been worn.

Is there a back story / insider joke as to why this particular Kobe 6 can't be named? I've always like the Venice Beaches and it is one of the few upcoming colorways I would definitely be interested in. I've never owned a pair of Kobe 8's btw.
They were suppose to be inspired by Kobe’s helicopter. Colors didn’t even match aircraft. Many of us never cared for that nickname back then and just went with “Glass Blue”. I’m sure I don’t need to explain why we definitely don’t and shouldn’t care for the original nickname.

The original nickname never mad sense in the first place, especially when comparing the colorway to the supposed inspiration. They’ve always been “Glass Blue” to me. If I still had a pair they definitely would’ve been worn.

They were suppose to be inspired by Kobe’s helicopter. Colors didn’t even match aircraft. Many of us never cared for that nickname back then and just went with “Glass Blue”. I’m sure I don’t need to explain why we definitely don’t and shouldn’t care for the original nickname.

Actually, the reason why they were called helicopter was because (a few of us in here probably still remember) it was Diego’s Helicopter’s colors (from Dora the explorer). It was his daughter’s favorite show at the time.

E94B89AD-03B6-4D0A-9CBB-309ADE4FFF18.jpeg

4D4E0124-03C5-425D-B5D2-5E83C272DE34.jpeg

Glass blue is just a color that Nike used in the past (even before those 6s came out).

Actually, the reason why they were called helicopter was because (a few of us in here probably still remember) it was Diego’s Helicopter’s colors (from Dora the explorer). It was his daughter’s favorite show at the time.

E94B89AD-03B6-4D0A-9CBB-309ADE4FFF18.jpeg

4D4E0124-03C5-425D-B5D2-5E83C272DE34.jpeg

Glass blue is just a color that Nike used in the past (even before those 6s came out).
I do remember that pic being posted back then. But I also remember it being a joke, as dudes looked to find why they were called “Helicopter”. Didn’t know that was ever confirmed. I don’t recall see anything posted on here or anywhere else, stating that was the actual inspiration. Make sense tho, looking at the colors.

Ah I see and understand fully. I had no idea about the serious / respectful nature of not using the original nickname. Pretty obvious now that you've explained it. Thanks for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom