THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Shoes look awesome minus being basically a mid and having the dumb extra thick midsole

They're just called the Kobe AD? lol

Theyve released three very different models so far. I'm not sure why they'd want to lump them together like this

Nike might want to make them super limited and try to build steam up steam via the hype train. Otherwise, those are going to sit big time. The mono-tone colorways are now more then overdone. The 'specs' on the shoe like the 'Off White' releases. C'mon.

Just move on to retros if there isn't going to be any effort. Does anyone know if Avar even participates in the design of this line anymore? I really doubt it.

Last edited:
The shoe itself is intriguing but I just wish they'd stop with the monotone colorways.. like cmon man, show us some creativity.

So yet another lightweight flimsy shoe that is going to tear easily on the flex points and bottom out even faster. No thanks, will continue to wait until full length happens, which may never be again. Going to do what Kobe should have done when he had 5 Sacramento Kings guarding him.....Pass.

1. Lightweight & flimsy based on & composted to what?
2. I'm 6'3", 225. I have 2 A.D.'s & 2 NXT's. Bass on how they feel I don't see them bottoming out any time soon.
3. It's Kobe so.....that can go either way.

Jeeezus. After enjoying (other than the VII) the embarrassment of riches that the Kobe line was for years--almost every model got better or was at least interesting in some way--I'm starting to accept the fact that it looks like it's really over. Why is almost everything Nike Basketball produces lately straight out of the generic machine? I don't see anything exciting about this shoe, just as I would say about the original ADs. Please tell me this is some sort of stop-over shoe before we get the real Kobe "13"? I guess the upside is, if this is going to be THE Kobe model for the next 12 months, I just keep on saving money. Looks like I picked a good time to shift my money to a few new watches :lol:

Jeeezus. After enjoying (other than the VII) the embarrassment of riches that the Kobe line was for years--almost every model got better or was at least interesting in some way--I'm starting to accept the fact that it looks like it's really over. Why is almost everything Nike Basketball produces lately straight out of the generic machine? I don't see anything exciting about this shoe, just as I would say about the original ADs. Please tell me this is some sort of stop-over shoe before we get the real Kobe "13"? I guess the upside is, if this is going to be THE Kobe model for the next 12 months, I just keep on saving money. Looks like I picked a good time to shift my money to a few new watches :lol:

Staring to think it's about being cheap to design/produce, and the A team is on other Nike BB signature line products. There is just zero effort in design (aesthetics) now. This was THE signature basketball sneaker line for creativity. Now they are about as interesting as box of oatmeal. Even if they go the route of fake SNKRS S/Os, if produced in #s, these will sit and get deeply discounted. The days where a Kobe like the Beethoven REALLY sold out in a morning seems like a decade ago.

IMG_6269.jpg

Staring to think it's about being cheap to design/produce, and the A team is on other Nike BB signature line products. There is just zero effort in design (aesthetics) now. This was THE signature basketball sneaker line for creativity. Now they are about as interesting as box of oatmeal. Even if they go the route of fake SNKRS S/Os, if produced in #s, these will sit and get deeply discounted. The days where a Kobe like the Beethoven REALLY sold out in a morning seems like a decade ago.

Exactly. I'm picturing the MC IX lows sitting in my closet, along with my DS Masterpieces and lightly worn Inspirations, and I'm thinking, how did we go from that to this in less than four years? But then an image popped into my head, funny enough from the Kobe IX thread on this very site. Why, how about that, Nike has actually given us an unreleased IX sample and just renamed it:
kobe IX (9) Wear Test Sample.jpg

Just move on to retros if there isn't going to be any effort. Does anyone know if Avar even participates in the design of this line anymore? I really doubt it.

Agreed. I like this silhouette but it seems like Nike wants us to see how little effort they're putting into the line. Do they have some contract they're trying to get out of so they're just pushing out new Kobe models as soon as they can?

If they don't care about looking lazy or half interested, they should just retro the old model with new tech and try to pass it off as innovation. They would at least capture those looking for the classics even with the inevitable price hike.

Exactly. I'm picturing the MC IX lows sitting in my closet, along with my DS Masterpieces and lightly worn Inspirations, and I'm thinking, how did we go from that to this in less than four years? But then an image popped into my head, funny enough from the Kobe IX thread on this very site. Why, how about that, Nike has actually given us an unreleased IX sample and just renamed it:
kobe IX (9) Wear Test Sample.jpg

Can't agree enough. You can see an arc here. When Kobe came to Nike, they designed on the conservative side. Then each year they got more and more creative. With the 10, it started to slide. The 11 bucked the trend because it really was a IX 2.0. Then with the Fade To Black pack, you could see the writing on the wall. Compared to the Prelude Pack, it was night and day. The AD continued (aesthetics wise) where the 10's slide and FTB pack left off. Now the line has gone over the edge. Seems like they're just mailing it in.

I'm confused why there is so much hate. They look similar to an iconic Kobe model, a reduced price, and some cool colourways. Compared to say the Kyrie line these are so much nicer colourways. Kyrie 3's were literally all white or all black. I can't name the last completely yellow or purple nike performance shoe. Give them a chance before you trash them

Back
Top Bottom