THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

full

Been surfing and copping protro's on the disco. got the final seconds and all stars for $140 a piece this past week from different places. Hooped in the final seconds already....i think the OG ZK1's had better cushioning and comfort. ZK1's were some of my favorite hoop shoes ever. Ended up with like 6 pair back in the day. The protro's didn't put the extra cushion in the toe that the OG's had. It's one of the things that made them so special. The pillow toe protected your toes are hard cuts and from getting stepped on. These feel a bit cheaper honestly..
I used to play in the OG Kobe 1s too and LOVED the padding around the toe lol. I forgot all about that lol. I still haven't played in the Protros yet but from trying on the toe felt more snug anyway. I'm going to look out for that toe cushion now lol. I had 2 pairs of the all stars and the triple black. I might still have the triple black some where. I KILLED them.

They look clean as well, but i like how they look with the white better.

Just because I'm a Laker fan I had to see how it would look :rofl:

4.png
3.png

Can anyone turn all that purple either gold or red? Looks too pink/purple. Can't wait to see in person though, i'll cop quick asf if they look more purple than pink in person. I don't rock pink (although the latest 360 has pink and I copped lol - but it's not too noticeable)

4 times a week? Goddamn. :wow:
Wish I had the time and energy to do that. I just hope I can still play how I currently play by the time I'm 40. I don't wanna become one of those old guys who is just known for hustling.

I just turned 40 two weeks ago and I still go hard at a very high level. In between leagues I get in the gym at least twice a week with semi-pro and college players for shooting drills where we don't leave until we each ake 200 jumpers and 100 free throws. I usually compete in 2-3 leagues simultaneously including a regional pro-am. But it's not the performing at a high level you have to worry about. It's the bounce back and recovery time that takes longer and longer with each passing year. It's important to incorporate recovery aides where you can. I'm lucky enough to own a whirlpool. Believe me, those jets are life. Also, I usually pop some ibuprofen about an hour before I hit the gym. And I definitely invest in my footwear. The pain and soreness is inevitable as you age, but we gotta do everything in our power to minimize the amount of shock and impact where we can.

I just turned 40 two weeks ago and I still go hard at a very high level. In between leagues I get in the gym at least twice a week with semi-pro and college players for shooting drills where we don't leave until we each ake 200 jumpers and 100 free throws. I usually compete in 2-3 leagues simultaneously including a regional pro-am. But it's not the performing at a high level you have to worry about. It's the bounce back and recovery time that takes longer and longer with each passing year. It's important to incorporate recovery aides where you can. I'm lucky enough to own a whirlpool. Believe me, those jets are life. Also, I usually pop some ibuprofen about an hour before I hit the gym. And I definitely invest in my footwear. The pain and soreness is inevitable as you age, but we gotta do everything in our power to minimize the amount of shock and impact where we can.

Damn!! That's what's up. I don't hoop anymore but I do body build. I lift 4-5 x a week as well, sometimes doing doubles.

^^^^ everything this man said. I’m around your age and play one high league and pickup 2 times a week with ex-college/semi pro players. Ankles hurt every day but I can’t quit.
Yea man I had to stop all the running up and down the courts and only play half court now due to old age lol i'm 40 as well, but as mentioned above, I do lift 4-5 x a week. Gotta keep active.

I bought curry 4s for disco $80 from FNL and I know cushion is super minimal on that lmao. Gonna need insoles for them if they're really 0 cushion. Tried them on last year and I loved the fit but wasn't tryna pay full price for aomething that will be tough on my knees out of the box.

ANYWAYS NOT TO STEER AWAY FROM KOBE THREAD. I was hoping to wait for discount on the Exodus black pair but sz 12-13 is disappearing. Champs still has my size tho hopefully it doesn't sell out.

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom